It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

�Weird� Photo - Beam Of Light And Possible Figure ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
www.hbccufo.com...

HBCC UFO Research Notice About This Article: I finally was able to speak with the gentleman who took the picture, today Sunday, September 19, 2004. He is sending me a large copy of the photo for examination. Also he has agreed to appear on an upcoming radio show with me. Please keep checking back on this story for an update, plus a full version of the picture.

Thank you, Brian

� 2004Peace River Record Gazette � A reader, Bill David, brought to the Record-Gazette last week a photo he said he took "around June 6" on 98th Street, and where there appears a large, bright beam of light coming from a blue sky and stretching down to the ground.

When you examine carefully a good print of the picture, you may even distinguish the shape of somebody standing inside the beam near the point where it reaches the street, but you can still see objects across it, on the other side of the street.

Above: Caption For Picture: This photo was taken by retiree Bill David, who lives in Peace River on or around June 6, this year, he says, and the film was developed at the Extra Foods� Photo Lab. It shows a beam of light from a blue sky that David said he did not notice while shooting the picture and inside the beam, at street level, there is what appears to be a being with a human-like silhouette. Bill David/Submit

David has been showing the �weird� photo to many people around town and has obtained different reactions, from people believing that something "extraordinary" occurred (UFO/ET hovering above town or a "divine sign") to the truly skeptical, among whom one person who discarded entirely such speculations and attributed the whole thing to some technical incident with the camera, like a drop water on the lens. David says he would like to have an explanation � so do we!

We checked with the Photo Lab people at Extra Foods where the original film from the camera was developed, then printed. Lisa Bojanowski, who works in the lab developing photos said the beam of light came up when the film was developed. Her colleague Deanna Stuckey, who also works there agreed with her that this beam of light is not the product of double exposure or of any technical defect that they could think of.

David says he saw no beam of light from the sky when he was taking the photo and he discovered it only after taking the printed photos home.

He called NASA in Cape Kennedy, Florida to provide information about his photo, but the approach of a hurricane had caused the offices to be vacated by most of the personnel. But he said he talked to a woman who "was very amazed" and provided him with NASA contact numbers and that of SETI, the organization that searches for the proof of extraterrestrial civilizations with the help of several astronomical observatories around the planet.

When you enlarge the digitalized photo on a computer, the source of the beam of light gives the impression of coming from some object in the sky, while the human-like shape inside the beam near the ground is more visible � though the printed version on newsprint may not reveal it at all due to the difference in resolution.

It would be interesting to have an explanation � and David, of course, wants to know what really happened that day in Peace River.

In the meantime, all we can say is the photo has given the creeps to some of the people who have seen it!

� 2004 Peace River Record Gazette.

Please visit online the Peace River Record Gazette newspaper *Peace River Record Gazette*

HBCC UFO Research Note: I became aware of this story due to the kindness of one of the residence from the area who passed the story along to me. Also he ran out and took the below four pictures of the area where the beam of light was filmed. I would like to extend my many thanks to the fellow for doing this.

Also after I received the story I immediately called the newspaper to enquire about the story. I left my contact information with the paper in hopes the reporter who wrote the story would contact me. He did not 15 minutes or so after I left a message. The reporter and I had a nice conversation about the article. He confirmed that he did go to the Photo Lab where the picture was developed and they folks at the photo lab told him that the picture was not tampered with, and not the product double exposure or of any technical defect that they could think of.

Note from fellow who took location pictures for me: Just came back from the site here are some reference pics the building that at the time of the pic was not there it was just breaking ground is the Kingdom Hall Jehovah's Witness

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It's from the sun, on a dirty lens...
That's my guess....

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Its Pretty obvious that its a fake just look at the facts....

1) He just happened to take a picture at the right time
2)What was the original Picture meant for? The back ground isn't pretty and I don't see any People posing or anything for the camera
3) Hes aiming towards the sun, why? because hes trying to obscure the picture.
4) This picture has nothing of intrest! Why take that picture at that spot for!??! Was he taking a picture of the road or some thing?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hold on to your hat .I love it I see a debonker Proof cool.
look at where the light Starts from at the to of the photo and youl see were its cut off and a quarter inch of clear sky without the light.
makes it look put into the photo . Ps Just my opoin

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I have no idea if it real or not...but I love the photo! I would a larger copy when you get it......

What was he trying to get a pic of though? I agree that there is nothing there to take a pic of

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
whenever someone takes an ugly picture for no reason (unless they were photographing the ugliness), the mysterious objects become suspect.

cool as hell tho.

with regards to the beam starting below the top of the photo, the article does address that by saying something to the effect of "it appears to come from an object in the sky"

that solves everything.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Interesting picture, probally just a lens glitch or something, btw if you invert the colours on the pic, you will come to see that the so called image is nothing more than streaks of light.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Look at the photo closely the light doesent start Right at the top theres a space with no light the light starts After out of no ware .

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Oh noes, the invisible lightbeams that cant be seen but is still there on photo are coming to get us!!!

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
looks like a bad PS fake... or the sun...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RATT
Its Pretty obvious that its a fake just look at the facts....

1) He just happened to take a picture at the right time

In the commercials they call this a "Kodak Moment". What's your point? Are you claiming that the phenomenon called chance is not possible?

2)What was the original Picture meant for? The back ground isn't pretty and I don't see any People posing or anything for the camera.

Are you claiming that nobody likes to take horisont-view photos?

3) Hes aiming towards the sun, why? because hes trying to obscure the picture.

Does the photografers ability to take beautifull nature photos determine if there's a UFO in the photo?

4) This picture has nothing of intrest! Why take that picture at that spot for!??! Was he taking a picture of the road or some thing?

You haven't been forced to sit through many family photo albums have you? Your question applies to at least 5 out of 10 photos in your average photo album. The point is that bad photo subjects are all over. This photo is not that bad, it's just a horisontal view of his area.

Let's get photo experts to point out some technical points here instead of speculating away.

new topics

top topics

join