It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Kony 2012 be another excuse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The majority of people on this site believe that 9/11 was an inside job for an excuse to invade and attack Iraq. The US say the war is on terrorism and to keep the US safe, when we all know it's about oil.

Anyway, could Kony 2012 be the same thing?
I know it may seem little likely because so much effort was put into it and it is so big, but so was 9/11. 9/11 took thousands of lives, whereas Kony 2012 only takes a video.

I know that Joseph Kony is real, and I don't condone what he did, I just think the actual campaign may be a fake?

From this campaign, the US and the army will able to invade Uganda (and surrounding countries because of where Kony has 'spead to') without any questions asked. People will just believe they're looking for Kony when they're actually after something else. I don't know what Africa would have that US are interested in, but it's just a though.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jNormal
The majority of people on this site believe that 9/11 was an inside job for an excuse to invade and attack Iraq. The US say the war is on terrorism and to keep the US safe, when we all know it's about oil.

Anyway, could Kony 2012 be the same thing?
I know it may seem little likely because so much effort was put into it and it is so big, but so was 9/11. 9/11 took thousands of lives, whereas Kony 2012 only takes a video.

I know that Joseph Kony is real, and I don't condone what he did, I just think the actual campaign may be a fake?

From this campaign, the US and the army will able to invade Uganda (and surrounding countries because of where Kony has 'spead to') without any questions asked. People will just believe they're looking for Kony when they're actually after something else. I don't know what Africa would have that US are interested in, but it's just a though.

iraq was never the major objective..nor was the oil.

iraq, afghanistan, libya, south ossetia were the stepping stones to which one could find a plethora of valuable resources besides oil, and strategic locales, on their way to Iran and the encirclement of Russia and China after.

the us army will not be able to invade uganda, nor do they have the desire to, not if they can eradicate kony externally and re-install a proxy servant government to wipe out the extremists themselves.

and you don't know what Africa has that the US wants??

Africa has a population of roughly 1.02 billion and a surface of 30,221,532 km², the presence of diamonds, gold, silver, uranium, cobalt and large oil reserves have brought Africa to the forefront of industrial development, with many of the world's economic powers building relations with Africa's resource rich nations.

As of 2008, the entire GDP of Africa is about $1.2 trillion

I wonder why the Chinese are flocking there or why the US would love an excuse to get their hands in there to change up the social dynamic in their benefit.
edit on 9-3-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
what about the visible children

do the trolls know that kony picture is from 2006

I'm guessing not.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Kony 2012 pops up conveniently at a point in time when Uganda discovers huge oil reserves.

This guy has been running around for years kidnapping children and fighting wars, and we haven't given two tosses about him until now. It's all about the $.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
For some reason i think this KONY 2012 is to distract the public (mostly/mainly Amercians) from whatever they are actually doing.

-Maybe they finally hit the jackpot in Libya?
-Found some info
-Secret alliance?

w/e.....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Do you think that if someone starts a campaign called "KIDS 2012" explaining that 30,000 children die EACH DAY due to POVERTY it will get the same mainstream attention as Kony? Just a thought

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

That's my point. I'm not despiting the fact that Joseph Kony isn't real, nor that he does bad things. But I think they made the video about a man rather than in general because it has a bigger effect on the mass population.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
We heard crickets when slaves were being sold by muslims in north Sudan and now all this blows up?
Seems fishy as all the things he is accused of were done in Sudan without much ado. link

edit on 9-3-2012 by Clearskies because: link

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've also just seen the news article: www.news.com.au...

That says there has been no activity of Kony and the LRA since 2006 and they are now inactive. Uganda also says the video is way too late

This is also good:
www.youtube.com...
It's a video of a Ugandan female saying about how the LRA don't even exist anymore and it's a load of bull.
edit on 9-3-2012 by jNormal because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2012 by jNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

My daughter talks to someone that visits Uganda regularly and says it's all quit there and the people believe that Kony is dead and has been for a few years.
So it's very possible that this could be a false flag,or an excuse to invade another country.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
You all seem confident - on the basis of input from about five people (the Daily Telegraph is a right-wing UK newspaper read by elderly people, frequently for the sports pages) - that Kony is no longer a problem, and that we should all forget about what he did.

First, have you checked whether the stolen children who managed to stay alive have now all been reunited with their families and are well and happy? And that the dead have been properly buried?

Second, have you checked that the children who have been sexually and physically abused are suffering no after effects, and will be able to lead fulfilling lives?

Third, have you gathered enough independent evidence to be able to conclude that Kony is no longer a risk, and is holding no-one aganst their will?

Fourth, have you noticed that Kony is still wanted internationally for crimes against humanity?

As I understand it, we're talking about the lives of around 30,000 children being turned into tragedies. Might it be a bit soon to dismiss what has happened - and may still be happening - to them. All I can see here is varieties of self-congratulation, as posters decide how clever they are to be able to detect that drawing the world's attention to those 30,000 tragedies is in some way Psy Ops.

Do you really imagine that the children would agree with you?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

As soon as I heard about it the movie(I still haven't watched it) my spidie senses blared Africom Africom...alert alert propaganda fluff piece to get America onboard for an invasion.

new topics

top topics

join