It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"UFO Data" magazine collection (2006 to 2008) online - free PDFs download

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
From 2006 to 2008, “UFO Data” was a UFO magazine published in England that included articles by various UFO researchers and, slightly unusually, also a number of leading skeptics (including ATS member Jim Oberg and British academic Dr David Clarke).

The UFO Data website has recently made available all issues of the UFO Data magazine as free downloads (as a result of efforts by, in particular, one of those involved in publishing the magazine - Steve Johnson, "MercuryRapids"):
UFO Data website

I've run that set of UFO-Data through some Optical Character Recognition software, to produce a set of the magazines which can be searched. I've uploaded that searchable version of your collection to the link below:
Zip file containing searchable copies of all issues

I’ve been in touch with Steve Johnson (“MercuryRapids”) via a thread in the UFO Data forum at the link below to check he is happy with my making this link available:
Relevant thread on the “UFO Data” forum

Using that searchable set, each magazine can then be searched using your favourite PDF reader, or you can search the a directory containing the entire collection (with other UFO journals as well if you like) using the fast search method I outlined recently in the ATS thread at the link below:
FAST searching of major free online collections of UFO journals (or just browse/download them)

A sample cover is shown below (from the September/October 2006 issue):

Here is another one (for the January/February 2008 issue):

Here’s a sample list of contents, including an article by Jim Oberg and one on “Flying Triangle” sightings:

Another sample table of contents is shown below (from the first issue, which included several items relating to the Rendlesham forest incident):

UFO published a number of articles on classic UFO cases (including Rendlsham) and several items on UFO cases which have been discussed on ATS.

For example, here’s part of an article on Robert Taylor’s UFO incident (from Issue 7, i.e. January/February 2007)- an incident which has been discussed on ATS in several thread, including: this one)

and the F15 encounter discussed in the article below (from Issue 9, which some follow-up material in issue 10) has also been discussed in several threads on ATS – including the two below:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some videos associated with the UFO Data magazine are also available online, e.g. :

Also, I think it worth mentioning that I've recently found that at least some old collections of UFO magazines that were posted on websites that are no longer maintained can still be accessed via the Wayback Machine website. Using that method, all 16 issues of UFO Review can still be downloaded from the link below. UFO Review, as some of you will know, was another relatively recent (2004-2006) British e-magazine, edited by Stuart Miller (but I can't work out how to add a proper link to it here - it's at web.archive.org/web/20070701121059/www.uforeview.net... )

Edit: Just to make the link clearer, the searchable set of the UFO Data magazines is at the link below:

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 9-3-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thank you, Isaac. Your contributions to the field are not only commendable, but increasingly significant.

Now...if I could ever figure out just what your own personal thoughts on the issue are...THAT would be epic.

I read between the lines a little and think I have you figured out and then comes the curve ball...or whatever the equivalent in Cricket is.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

WOW .... thank you for this gift

Downloading now , can't wait to open and delve in

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Thank you, Isaac. Your contributions to the field are not only commendable, but increasingly significant.

Thanks for the kind words, but the collection of UFO Data magazines was put online by Steve Johnson and any thanks should be directed to him.

I merely ran that collection of PDF magazines through some OCR software to make more of them searchable.

Originally posted by The GUT
Now...if I could ever figure out just what your own personal thoughts on the issue are...THAT would be epic.

I read between the lines a little and think I have you figured out and then comes the curve ball...or whatever the equivalent in Cricket is.

Plenty of people express (or argue...) their views about UFOs. I'm not sure expressing my personal thoughts would really add much to the discussion. I'd rather focus on improving the resources and tools available. I think you are going to like the next few steps I have planned, which fall under a project with the working name of "The Collective"...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Many thanks from France for this gift as well.

Be sure that I will promote it (and I already did it!!) over there.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Many thanks from France for this gift as well.

I'll pass on your thanks to Steve Johnson ("MercuryRapids") of the UFO Data website.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
once again isaac you bat it out the park, keep it up

ps as for the bob taylor ufo incident, ive got a few stories on it under my id long before 2009

The landing site is half a mile from my home and i was at that landing site less than 8 hours after it happend

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
I've run that set of UFO-Data through some Optical Character Recognition software, to produce a set of the magazines which can be searched. I've uploaded that searchable version of your collection to the link below:

I’ve been in touch with Steve Johnson (“MercuryRapids”) via a thread in the UFO Data forum at the link below to check he is happy with my making this link available:
Relevant thread on the “UFO Data” forum

Amazing work.

It is the self-less efforts of people like you that will help us grow as a species.

Thank You!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Amazing work.

It is the self-less efforts of people like you that will help us grow as a species.

Many thanks for the kind words, but the collection of UFO Data magazines was put online by Steve Johnson ("MercuryRapids") of the UFO Data website and any thanks should be directed to him. I'll send him a link so he can see the comments in this thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
snip
Many thanks for the kind words, but the collection of UFO Data magazines was put online by Steve Johnson ("MercuryRapids") of the UFO Data website and any thanks should be directed to him. I'll send him a link so he can see the comments in this thread.

I'm also thankful for your efforts and those behind you. The download took less than 6 minutes on my Time Warner broadband cable connection. I have a lot of reading to do!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Got 'em all. Read a bit.
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
You can tell given there's only 1 US fighter squadron in the UK that they have a far less laid back approach to it than the RAF QRA squadrons.

Heck, maybe they are a little on edge due to old Ike's deal with ET? Tech. exchange in return for abducting US citizens?

The last RAF pilot to be permanently abducted (One of the only, if not the only one) was funnily enough a USAF-exchange pilot, Captain William Schaffner.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman

once again isaac you bat it out the park, keep it up

Indeedy, thanks for making available these magazines Isaac, and thanks to Steve Johnson too -great stuff.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Very Nice Find IsaacKoi ! I haven't heard of this magazine before, probably never reached Texas, LOL! It gets me excited to see info I've not come in contact with. I'm downloading now. Looks my night is going to be occupied! I appreciate it and you DO deserve many Thanks for bringing these magazine issues to life here! Continue to stay sharp!
Star for sure!
TXML

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Now temporarily (pending my sorting out a more permanent solution) at:
we.tl...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Edit - double post
edit on 10-11-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
is anyone having problems downloading from the link the OP provided?

it redirects me to minus.com homepage

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Picollo30
is anyone having problems downloading from the link the OP provided?

That link is currently not working.

As I posted above yesterday, the collection is now temporarily (pending my sorting out a more permanent solution) at:
we.tl...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Hi, this is way after the last post, but I was wondering if the files are available somewhere? Would be much appreciated, thanks. - Ricardo

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
From 2006 to 2008, “UFO Data” was a UFO magazine published in England ...
The UFO Data website has recently made available all issues of the UFO Data magazine ...

This link does not work. Is there a new link?

RC

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join