It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained "Phoenix Lights" explosion caught live on news broadcast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Unexplained "Phoenix Lights" explosion caught live on news broadcast

news.yahoo.com

Phoenix's FOX 10 reporter Andrea Robinson was in the middle of an on-air report when an unexplained, bright white explosion appeared in the distance behind her.
The strange blast was caught on tape and aired live during Robinson's report. At first, news station employees thought the explosion was a transformer. But when FOX 10 checked with local utility providers APS and Salt River Project, they were told no transformers had blown in the area.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
youtu.be

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The media is asking local residents, in the area, for for assistance and any information because nobody can explain or figure our where this flash came from or what it was.

The flash happens so quickly, even in slow motion, it's really quick. If it was a combustion explosion there would have been smoke and flames. This looks electrical, I guess, because it was so fast, like lightening. But it's too localized to be lightening, in my opinion.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

HAHA! It was giant flash from their alien candid camera!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wow!

I live in Phoenix and I watch that morning show all the time. Well not all the time because I didn't see that happen.

That's why I said "Wow".

I hope we don't have a bunch of aliens running around.

edit on 9-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Can't find the link right now, but this has been posted already. Will edit if I find it. I believe this is the third thread on this.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Doc! You're back!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I hate being "this guy" but...It's been posted...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Sorry, is that's the case. I did 2 searches on the ATS search engine............

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

WOW! I plugged the exact title into the search engine and got nada.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

It happens. It not closed yet so post away.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I personally think it was a bolide.
en.wikipedia.org...

Astronomy The word bolide comes from the Greek βολίς (bolis) [2] which can mean a missile or to flash. The IAU has no official definition of "bolide", and generally considers the term synonymous with "fireball". The term generally applies to fireballs reaching magnitude −14 or brighter.[13] Astronomers tend to use "bolide" to identify an exceptionally bright fireball, particularly one that explodes (sometimes called a detonating fireball). It may also be used to mean a fireball which creates audible sounds.

I've seen one before in Texas. It's a bright flash, kind of freaky and out-of-the-blue. There was no noise associated with it. At first I thought we were nuked, then I checked around and called the astronomy department at UNT Denton. They agreed it was a bolide. It looked just like what I saw in the OP's video clip.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

So do you think it came from space, a meteorite, or something more like ball lightening?

I saw ball lightening, rolling next to the ground, once in Texas, and saw a fireball crash into or burn out just above the ocean in Hawaii. It looked close by, but there was no sound, so it must have really been far out at sea. It looked like it crashed into the ocean, but that might cause some big waves, huh?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

why is it so dark at 8:30 am?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

This happened between four and five a.m. according to the guy I just spoke to at the station. And still no explanation of what it was. Still looks likes like a blown transformer to me. I have seen many and yes from afar.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennvideo

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

This happened between four and five a.m. according to the guy I just spoke to at the station. And still no explanation of what it was. Still looks likes like a blown transformer to me. I have seen many and yes from afar.
could swear I just read 8:30 am

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I'm not saying you didn't read that. It's just wrong and wanted you to know. That would be too dark except for Alaska...lol

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

Sorry but you already do. They're called Mexicans. lol

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join