It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATED: Woman rescued after weeks in Gila

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

UPDATED: Woman rescued after weeks in Gila

www.scsun-news.com

Margaret Page was found by members of the Mesilla Valley Search and Rescue team about one mile up the Railroad Canyon Trail in the Black Range, where she had gone hiking with her cat sometime between Feb. 10 and 12. She was transported by ambulance to Gila Regional Medical Center, malnourished and emaciated but well-hydrated, according to Dave Kuthe, who was the incident commander for the search. Kuthe said Page checked herself out of the hospital later Wednesday and spent the night in a Silver City hotel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just found this story. You must read the article. She was missing for 3 1/2 weeks, she had her cat with her. There was a search team sent out. They located her car. She was found about 20 yards off a trail - in a blue sleeping bag (hard to miss that). Some controversy surrounding the towing of her car. An interesting story. I am glad she did not eat her cat :-)

www.scsun-news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Who goes hiking with their cat? How would that work? What would you do with it?

That's the part I don't get. A person getting lost in the Sonora desert seems pretty run-of-the-mill, but it's the cat angle that I don't get.

Whoops, thought it was Gila Bend, AZ, apparently Gila, NM...
edit on 9-3-2012 by Sphota because: mistake

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Maybe by "cat" they meant "dog"? Or the cat is docile mountain lion?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It was her pet cat. Odd I know BUT my x boss and his wife used to take two of their cats camping with them all the time.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My cat use to follow me on walks it always ran through dense undergrowth while I walked on the path but it always knew where I was.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The article says that she told her mother she was going to Florida....

Sounds like she might need psychiatric evaluation. Also, she was only 20 yards off the trail and brought her cat some cat food that lasted 3 1/2weeks! Something is not normal about this at all, on top of the forestry department not paying attention. This is just one of those "What in the heck" stories.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
My cat use to follow me on walks it always ran through dense undergrowth while I walked on the path but it always knew where I was.

We took our cat(s) camping! And our mommy cat, that was her name, always proved what a great mouser she was, lining little creatures up at the foot of our sleeping bags, each morning.

edit on 9-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53
The article says that she told her mother she was going to Florida....

Sounds like she might need psychiatric evaluation. Also, she was only 20 yards off the trail and brought her cat some cat food that lasted 3 1/2weeks! Something is not normal about this at all, on top of the forestry department not paying attention. This is just one of those "What in the heck" stories.

Where do you get that she needs a psychiatric evaluation?

Her first mistake... not telling anyone where she was going. Whether if she lied to her family or just decided to change her plans, anyone knows you've got to tell someone where you're going.

Probably what saved her life.. the cat food she brought with her to feed her cat and probably ended up eating it too, (although the article doesn't say that).

The forestry service did make mistakes too. Is it really a mystery on who towed her car?

I'm glad she was found alive and will be well. And, I'm glad her cat is alive and well too!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal

Just found this story. You must read the article. She was missing for 3 1/2 weeks, she had her cat with her. There was a search team sent out. They located her car. She was found about 20 yards off a trail - in a blue sleeping bag (hard to miss that). Some controversy surrounding the towing of her car. An interesting story. I am glad she did not eat her cat :-)
I would bet her cat was thankfull as well, I wonder what sort of backpack the cat used?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Article won't load for me,so have not been able to read it,but:
The cat may have saved her skin.
They are excellent hunters,and she may have been brought small animals by the cat.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Full story!!

The 41-year-old Page, who has a history of mental illness,

That is why she needs a psychiatric evaluation. She got "lost" for 3 1/2 weeks and took her cat. 20 yards off the trail... clearly she was having some kind of episode. I knew she was messed up in the head before they even said it. it was kind of obvious... to me anyway.

new topics

top topics

join