It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Jihadists Vowing to “Eradicate Christianity”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Those of you who dismiss this as fearmongering are intentionally ignoring facts. Read it before you dismiss it, please.

A Nigerian spokesman for the Islamic militant group Boko Haram told Bikyamasr.com on Sunday that they are planning a “war” on Christians in the next few weeks.

The government has promised to crackdown on the group and has deployed military units across the country in an attempt to curtail the Islamic group’s activities, arresting and killing a number of members in recent weeks.
But the spokesman said the government “cannot be prepared for what is to come.”

He said, without giving specific details, “we will create so much effort to end the Christian presence in our push to have a proper Islamic state that the Christians won’t be able to stay.”
link

These aren’t the actions of just some thugs. This group has ties to Al-Qaeda.

Nigeria's military chief said Thursday the Islamist Boko Haram sect, blamed for attacks that have claimed hundreds of lives, has ties to Al-Qaeda, the first time a top security official has publicly drawn such links.

"We have been able to link the activities of the Boko Haram sect to the support and training the sect received from AQIM (Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb)," Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin said.
link

Regardless where this is taking place, this group is killing human beings TODAY in the name of Islam. I thought this type of thing didn’t happen with muslims? I thought Islam was a peaceful religion?

Someone explain how it’s OK that these peaceful Muslims are killing Christians and trying to “end the Christian presence” to establish a “proper Islamic state” free from western influence. There are no Americans involved here so you don't get to blame America for this one, though I'm sure someone will try!!

Why is it such a stretch that Ahmadinejad and the Mullahs are partnering with the Muslim Brotherhood to do the same thing?

Is fearing the spread of radical Islam really misguided when things like this (and many others...stoning people to death, cutting off hands, terrorism, etc) are taking place daily?
edit on 9-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Blaming a whole religion for the actions of smalls sects is kind of insane.

I apologize, but there are plenty of Christian fundementalist groups among other religions who carry on the same kind of behavior. You don't have subscribe a particular religion in order to be a murdering band of individuals, hell bent on destroying another sect of society.

My problem is that there doesn't seem to be a proper group of moderate muslims who counter the actions of these groups. They are a silent majority. That's the real problem.

ETA: It's probably important to mention, for context, that I think all organized religion is ridiculous and should be done away with in the 21st century. Personal religion, no problem.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 3/9/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Why is it such a stretch that Ahmadinejad and the Mullahs are partnering with the Muslim Brotherhood to do the same thing?

Because it would be the same to lump Westboro in with Christian religions. Does that make sense to you? BTW, that's a HUGE leap in logic. Actually more of a suicidal free fall than a leap.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Because it would be the same to lump Westboro in with Christian religions. Does that make sense to you? BTW, that's a HUGE leap in logic. Actually more of a suicidal free fall than a leap.

Excuse me! Westboro Baptists church isn’t killing people, sir!

How is it a leap in logic when mullahs around the world have called for a worldwide caliphate already? They want Islam to rule the world and they aren't shy about it!

edit on 9-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

+39 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Odd, we have never beheaded anyone at the church I go to.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Blaming a whole religion for the actions of smalls sects is kind of insane.

Sure I can because they are killing in the name of their religion. They all want to unite the nations under Islamic rule. It’s happening all over Europe right now.

I apologize, but there are plenty of Christian fundementalist groups among other religions who carry on the same kind of behavior.

Links? I haven’t heard any news stories recently about radical Christians killing Muslims.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think we should get all the people who hate Islam on one side of an island and the people who hate Christianity on the other side, then drop a bomb on the island. Problem solved

Sick of hearing this crap on ATS.

Just another thread to bash on religion, its not going to cause constructive debate - because their aint nothing to debate. The simple fact is you get assholes from all religions.

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

This group has ties to Al-Qaeda.

so does nato

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Even more suicidal to equate the absoloutely insignificant, and ultimately non violent Westboro freaks, with a worldwide Islamic violence problem which has significant numbers

Absoloutely pathetic relativism

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I think we should get all the people who hate Islam on one side of an island and the people who hate Christianity on the other side, then drop a bomb on the island. Problem solved

Violence solves everything! Just kill everyone who has religious beliefs, right?

Sick of hearing this crap on ATS.

You didn’t have to enter this thread.

Just another thread to bash on religion, its not going to cause constructive debate - because their aint nothing to debate. The simple fact is you get assholes from all religions.

There is a big difference between being an A-hole and being a murderer!! This is news whether you care to be informed or not.

Cheers!

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Odd, we have never beheaded anyone at the church I go to.

Funny, the way you wrote that would make one think beheading at mosques is the in thing.

*SNIP*

I see where this threads going, they shouldnt be allowed. Im not religious one bit and these type of threads are the worse of ATS

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/10/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
These are forces aligning for the big battle.
That's why we haven't heard about it until recently.
I have some opinions but at the moment I will let the direction of this thread play out a little.
Over the last few weeks I have learned a new word. Dovetail
Everything is Dovetailing into a single Common.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Links? I haven’t heard any news stories recently about radical Christians killing Muslims.

Really? Did you not know about the 2 occupations in the Middle East? That's a crusade Sir.

George W called it that himself. And people think he was kidding but he wasn't. There's been over 50 years of western and european imperialist occupation of the Middle East. A war against them is a war against their religion in their eyes.

I think the term is Blowback. This entire issue has occured because of nation's inability to mind their own business. And their campaign of destabilizing a region and then placing dicators is now coming back to bite them in the bum.

For some, who don't care to look at history as a means of understanding today's predicament, that's a hard truth to swallow.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Because it would be the same to lump Westboro in with Christian religions. Does that make sense to you?

I was just going to point that out.

People attempt to paint a picture of an entire religon, based on the worst examples they can find.

Yet, these same people also display a great amount of discretion when the worst examples of their own kind are brought up.

Their answer usually begins and ends with "oh, but they weren't TRUE(TM) Christians.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

No you just use bombs dropped from the sky and kill em by the thousands..

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Let's see here...

Christian extremists: Boycott a soldiers burial.
Islamist extremists: Bomb a soldiers burial.

I'm not going to spend much time in this thread, because I've noticed a disturbing trend on ATS: Doesn't matter how radical a group is, as long as it's a minority. With that being said, Islam in Europe will not end well. That's the truth, it's politically incorrect but any one who has spent any time here knows it to be the truth none the less.

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

No you just use bombs dropped from the sky and kill em by the thousands..

Actually I've never dropped any bombs. Nether has my church. And it does not advocate doing so. In fact, it has come out against most wars and military actions.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wahabism/Salafism is a sect of Islam that started around 300 years ago. In recent days, due to the support received from the US, they have now a solid and ever growing presence in the world. The US has used the militant brand of Islam in order to overthrow government and fight wars, as seen in Pakistan and Afghanistan in recent years. Also the support given to the Saudi government who fully supports and funds this same sect does nothing but further these teachings.

These teachings are against Islam, and are used to stir the ignorant to fight in the wars of men.Yet, they receive continued support from the US in order the US can further their agenda overseas. We speak all the time, trying to teach truth to people, in order that people break free from this. I do not know this man but what he says on the video is true therefore I show to you a short video;

I am shia, and anything I say it will be said is just a personal attack against the wahabis, therefore I show you in the words of a sunni cleric from Yemen what it is that these wahabis are about concerning our religion, they simply hate the Prophet (saw), and the religion of haqq;

These people simply hate our religion, and are trying to destroy it. It is not Islam in any form.

edit on 9-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It is a crusade plain and simple.

Here is your basic evangelical preacher:

He is saying that we are at war with ISLAM, it does not get more religious than that..

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Most people in the US Military are Christians, that is the predominant religion and therefore the Christians are doing most of the killings.

Have you heard of John Hagee? Yes these people want more war and killings and they are christian

When I said 'you' I was saying Christianity; how does it feel to be labeled by the actions of a few Christians eh?
edit on 013131p://3America/ChicagoFri, 09 Mar 2012 13:28:43 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join