It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson's remarks at Senate Commerce hearing on the future of our space program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I searched and didn't find anything about this, so I thought I'd post a thread. I agree with just about everything he says on the topic of our space program and exploration. If only there were more like him in charge of our tax money.

Take a view and post your thoughts. Neil is a pretty smart guy and is passionate about space exploration. I like his attitude.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Hands down the best speech I've ever heard in my life.

There is a man who actually cares about our people's future and who cares about the unknown knowledge's of the universe and what we can accomplish and learn through our pursuits of space.

People idolize athletes and entertainers. This guy has true wisdom.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Wholeheartedly agree. Great speech.

Its sad that he's presenting it to soulless intellectual pygmies.

Ignore the politicians, appeal directly to the world for donations. I'd contribute money monthly to that cause and i'm not even an american.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yes, it's quite sad that those who spend our tax dollars are, for the majority, lawyers. The last 2 minutes of his speech are quite inspiring I think. Thanks for the replies guys

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson for PRESIDENT!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

I'd so vote for him. No question.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This guys was on Bill Maher last week, and he has been on there before, and he is truly a smart man. He even gives Bill a run for his money when religion or science topics come up, and last week they even discussed this very thing......what has space exploration given us as humans. Bill made it sound as if it is pointless to be exploring as we do, but Dr. Tyson schooled him on all the benefits we have now and to come from the space program. Great post OP!

Oh, he also had a tie on that had a rocket on it......Bill teased him about what a phallic symbol it was and he just laughed it off. Too funny!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Thank you for finding this!

Every chance to hear Dr. Tyson speak is a joy.

The short-sightedness of the U.S. Congress today is indeed disheartening.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
A post on ATS about 6 months ago brought Dr. Tyson to my attention. I've been in love ever since.

Thanks for posting this - I hadn't realized he testified before Congress.

S&F!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

A video description would have been great...

I'll have to wait to comment once I am in the position to actually watch the video though.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

The description is in the title. Are you asking for a transcript?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

here you go. Transcript

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Go to this thread "Lad's homemade Lego shuttle is out of this world" and watch the video while listening to Neil.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Hey op, I just posted your thread and vid in a similar thread. Kudos fro bringing this one onboard, I had not seen it. Tyson is keeping the dream alive and I think most people that his wors fall upon would be in agreement. Space exploration is a grand unifier, imo.
Make it so....

peace,
spec

top topics

join