It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained explosion caught live on Phoenix news broadcast

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
All of us here are assuming ground or above ground. What if it was something that emanated from UNDER? As I said, depending on the dew point and humidity in the air, refraction of light comes more into play. So, an explosion or flash from an underground sewer system would make that light really get refracted by the water droplets in the air close to the ground and just above it. And maybe it's not miles away from the camera, but much much closer. I mean methane has been mentioned. And there are many free gases floating around down there that escape from gratings and other air openings that run along the sewer system. And something, just a spark or an open electrical charge can ignite gas. And how could that be tracked or traced after the fact? It can’t. Just another thought...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by kennvideo

i guess there are no more investigative news agencies left in this country.
let's just stick to the neverending coverage of the republican primary, sports scores, and murders/robberies...that's all the news the great unwashed need to see anyway.

No, there are some still around… a very few, but you are right regarding the great unwashed. You know, you lose a lot of people talking about alien stuff. Now a UFO is just that, something unidentified… Or this flash is just something that can't be I.D.ed. But, throw in an alien or abduction by an alien filled mother ship and well, we loose the majority of the public's attention and respect and believability. They just say 'Oh, it's those crazies again'.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennvideo

I have in previous pages. Please read them so not to take up more space in the thread. Thank you.

Okay. I read them. Here they are.

I honestly can't believe so many of you folks believe in space men, ah women, ah whatever. What a crock. That's why I enjoy listening to 'Coast to Coast' and listening to all the crazies out there. What a great way to fall asleep.

So you don't think it is aliens, which almost nobody has mentioned except you.

I think I figured out what it is...

A Chevy Volt blew up...

You think it might have been a car exploding that the police never heard about, which caused no other damage, and had no eyewitnesses, including the owner of the car. Or you were just joking.

You are kidding right? Your tongue was in your cheek as you crafted this post right? An abduction taking place before our eyes in a live traffic shot? Good grief!!!! I want what you're smokin' if you're even one percent serious...

You continue to hammer the point that it's not aliens, which the majority of people posting haven't mentioned.

With everything about the Communist-like propaganda-pushing controlled media in the USA being so phony, I'd have to lean toward it being a media hoax.

Here you don't think anything happened at all.

Great post. I choose number 3.

Here instead of "nothing happened but a media hoax", you decide "something unspecified happened". The #3 in question is "A technical malfunction". I'm asking you to provide details on what "technical malfunction" may have occurred that would result in something this dramatic that the power company, police, and meteorologists know nothing about.

I've only seen one mention of Luke AFB in this thread. Has anyone looked at that more in depth?

Why yes. In fact, the person you are arguing with has pointed out that of all the possible suspects, there's only one that has no comment, which is the Luke AFB, which would have good reasons to keep many things classified. Unsurprisingly, since your only firm opinion seems to be "it wasn't aliens", you also don't seem attached to this theory.

giant capacitor theory... very possible especially at a sub station.

Transformers ARE usually blue. That's why I mentioned in an earlier post, we can't be sure of the 'actual' color it was due to the accuracy of the camera, weather conditions (depending on the due point and humidity in the air, the flash may have just APPEARED larger because of light refraction of water molecules), the green screen at the station... and that's a few things we can't depend on. I have been in radio and TV for four decades and know that colors can be distorted in many ways...especially a flash like that which was so quick.

Personally, I go with the or a sub station arc or just some kind of electric thing by a building, or street, or where there are multiple electric units not necessarily leaving a definite fingerprint to be discovered after it happened... that's it.

Except the power company itself says no such thing happened and that it is a mystery to them what caused the flash. And your point continues to be that you have no theory beyond "it's not aliens" and furthermore that nobody can possibly accurately theorize anyway.

This you posted after admonishing me that you'd adequately explained your theories in other posts, which I have now demonstrated you have not done:

All of us here are assuming ground or above ground. What if it was something that emanated from UNDER? As I said, depending on the dew point and humidity in the air, refraction of light comes more into play. So, an explosion or flash from an underground sewer system would make that light really get refracted by the water droplets in the air close to the ground and just above it. And maybe it's not miles away from the camera, but much much closer. I mean methane has been mentioned. And there are many free gases floating around down there that escape from gratings and other air openings that run along the sewer system. And something, just a spark or an open electrical charge can ignite gas. And how could that be tracked or traced after the fact? It can’t. Just another thought...

Okay, so now you've given up on the transistor theory, which you were very sure of for a while. Now you have to explain why you think an event like gas exploding couldn't possibly be tracked or noticed by the local utilities or indeed any other person, why there would be no eyewitnesses or damage, and why a weather person said there were no weather conditions that caused it.

Have I missed something where you actually explain a coherent theory including all the facts beyond "it's not aliens", which only one or two posters even vaguely suggested?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
quote]

Okay, so now you've given up on the transistor theory, which you were very sure of for a while. Now you have to explain why you think an event like gas exploding couldn't possibly be tracked or noticed by the local utilities or indeed any other person, why there would be no eyewitnesses or damage, and why a weather person said there were no weather conditions that caused it.

Have I missed something where you actually explain a coherent theory including all the facts beyond "it's not aliens", which only one or two posters even vaguely suggested?

Yes, you've missed something. In fact, many things.
Transistor theory??? What? All that hunting, copying and pasting must have blown one of your transistors!!!!
Gas in the air would be used up by the explosion, if we can call it that, and with it it's gone, there is nothing to track or trace. Nothing left behind. In the air over things the gas would just burn off and not have to damage anything. If there were any eyewitnesses? Do you mean at the actual site or the thousands watching the live broadcast. I didn't really think I would have to explain that, but I did for your benefit. By weather conditions I am sure they meant electrical action in the air...ya know lightning! They said NOTHING regarding dew point and humidity. ONE OR TWO vaguely suggest aliens or ET's or some kind of space monkey? You'd better do more copying and pasting. Here I give opinions just like everyone else does. I am sorry if mine don't meet your standards. Now, go get some Visine and start the search I suggested you do and waste more space on this thread and time in your day

P.S. I see you're from California...should have guessed

edit on 12-3-2012 by kennvideo because: add

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I quoted every single post you made in this thread, as far as I know. Feel free to show me which ones I missed. As for eyewitnesses, you're conflating two ideas -- what we have are people who saw the explosion, but what we don't have are people who saw the event itself, the cause of the explosion. I find it dubious that something like what you suggest could be so dramatic as to be visible to, as you say, thousands on live TV and yet invisible to any actual person with a closer or even different observation. As far as I know, no one has come forward to say 'that happened the same time I saw a big whomping cloud of exploding gas nearby'. No quotes from locals beyond the experts. Nothing you suggest could explain what is seen without leaving a trace of some kind, at very least a witness on the ground.
edit on 12-3-2012 by sepermeru because: edit button is my best friend

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

I quoted every single post you made in this thread, as far as I know. Feel free to show me which ones I missed. As for eyewitnesses, you're conflating two ideas -- what we have are people who saw the explosion, but what we don't have are people who saw the event itself, the cause of the explosion. I find it dubious that something like what you suggest could be so dramatic as to be visible to, as you say, thousands on live TV and yet invisible to any actual person with a closer or even different observation. As far as I know, no one has come forward to say 'that happened the same time I saw a big whomping cloud of exploding gas nearby'. No quotes from locals beyond the experts. Nothing you suggest could explain what is seen without leaving a trace of some kind, at very least a witness on the ground.
edit on 12-3-2012 by sepermeru because: edit button is my best friend

Proverbs 26:4

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Mystery solved. Nothing more mundane than a circuit breaker popping ...

PHOENIX (AP) — A large, fleeting flash of light that appeared in the darkened skies over the northwestern edge of metropolitan Phoenix last week is no longer a mystery.

Arizona Public Service said Monday that a breaker on an electrical line opened, causing a big flash and a brief power outage.

APS officials say an employee came forward last weekend and informed them of the breaker opening that caused no damage to equipment and no power line replacement.

The ball of light that looked like an explosion was captured by a traffic camera on Interstate 17 around 4:45 a.m. last Thursday.

It happened to be broadcast by KSAZ-TV when the station showed footage of the roadway during a report on the morning's commute.

But until now, nobody could identify the flash's source.

Source

edit on 3/12/2012 by Shadoefax because: Typo

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

reply to post by AlienStalker

It could just be a squirrel that got fried and caused a trip of a transformers breaker. You ever see a breaker trip caused by a squirrel grounding itself? I have and wow what a flash it makes.

Gosh, I hate it when I'm right!!!!

edit on 13-3-2012 by kennvideo because: smile

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Mystery solved!

news.yahoo.com...

Breaker on an electrical line about 4:45

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Right about what? You named about six different non-theories. You were bound to hit on something with that tactic.

Anyway, does no one find it suspicious that the power company spokesman previously said there was nothing to cause it on the grid, to the extent of saying it was a total mystery to them? No? Carry on then.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Right about what? You named about six different non-theories. You were bound to hit on something with that tactic.

Anyway, does no one find it suspicious that the power company spokesman previously said there was nothing to cause it on the grid, to the extent of saying it was a total mystery to them? No? Carry on then.

You state the power company spokesman previously said there was nothing to cause it on the grid.

Now, from the news piece:

"But when FOX 10 checked with local utility providers APS and Salt River Project, they were told no transformers had blown in the area"

They ONLY referenced transformers and nothing else. This breaker was an auto-trip breaker and required NO response from the power company.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I was the ONLY one that proposed that as the cause which cannot be denied. Green is such an ugly color for you. Now the power company is lying and you are suspicious? Drop it... case closed and I was right. Learn to live with that fact. Now you 'carry on' and go chase some other conspiracy involving little green men......

edit on 13-3-2012 by kennvideo because: more fact

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I thought so. You never even read the articles before now.

This will be the third time in this thread I've quoted this. For someone who orders others to read your substance-free posts, you don't seem to do much reading yourself.

The two electric utilities that serve metro Phoenix say they didn’t have any reports of electric transformer explosions that might explain the flash.

Damon Gross, a spokesman for Arizona Public Service, says a blown fuse on a transformer can produce a flash, but he said the utility had no such report Thursday morning.

Guess they changed they mind once the story took off, for some reason.

Also, you are a liar. Not only were you not the only one to propose the solution, and not only did you propose five or six other solutions (one of which discarded the electrical one in favor of weather and another which suggested a hybrid car blew up) many other people suggested the power company on almost every page of the thread, and one of your own posts was agreeing with them, so you knew that already. There is now ample evidence to conclude that you are here to troll.
edit on 13-3-2012 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't care if anyone believes me or not, I need to get this out there - this happened here last night. I live in Central Illinois about 15 miles outside of Peoria which is roughly three hours from Chicago. I was working on a paper when I heard the loudest "explosion, boom, whatever" in my life - followed by my house violently shaking. I didn't see any lights, but a few neighbors said they saw a bright white light before the explosion, and today at school everyone was talking about it (this happened to quite a few people). I thought for sure it was just a blown transformer or something along those lines; and then I read this.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I don't know what to make of it.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see that it was all figured out! Still don't know what to make of what I experienced last night, but I didn't see any lights, all I heard was an explosion and my house shook. I've never experienced anything like that, and I've been living here since I was born.

edit on 13-3-2012 by RomeByFire because: Edit up above!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I can not belive how easly most of you are fooled.
they get you to make fools of each othere.
and feed you stupid stoires to blind you.

no it is not T2 doing a time jump!
but that does not mean that its just a little flash!
of a power sub station. wake up!

Originally posted by Shadoefax
Mystery solved. Nothing more mundane than a circuit breaker popping ...

PHOENIX (AP) — A large, fleeting flash of light that appeared in the darkened skies over the northwestern edge of metropolitan Phoenix last week is no longer a mystery.

Arizona Public Service said Monday that a breaker on an electrical line opened, causing a big flash and a brief power outage.

APS officials say an employee came forward last weekend and informed them of the breaker opening that caused no damage to equipment and no power line replacement.

The ball of light that looked like an explosion was captured by a traffic camera on Interstate 17 around 4:45 a.m. last Thursday.

It happened to be broadcast by KSAZ-TV when the station showed footage of the roadway during a report on the morning's commute.

But until now, nobody could identify the flash's source.

Source

edit on 3/12/2012 by Shadoefax because: Typo

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I thought so. You never even read the articles before now.

This will be the third time in this thread I've quoted this. For someone who orders others to read your substance-free posts, you don't seem to do much reading yourself.

The two electric utilities that serve metro Phoenix say they didn’t have any reports of electric transformer explosions that might explain the flash.

Damon Gross, a spokesman for Arizona Public Service, says a blown fuse on a transformer can produce a flash, but he said the utility had no such report Thursday morning.

Guess they changed they mind once the story took off, for some reason.

Also, you are a liar. Not only were you not the only one to propose the solution, and not only did you propose five or six other solutions (one of which discarded the electrical one in favor of weather and another which suggested a hybrid car blew up) many other people suggested the power company on almost every page of the thread, and one of your own posts was agreeing with them, so you knew that already. There is now ample evidence to conclude that you are here to troll.
edit on 13-3-2012 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

I read all the articles you hater AND sore loser. So, I proposed more than one possibility. I can't help it that your mind can't conceive more than one thing and I can! They didn't change their mind. They investigated and found the answer that's all. Just because it doesn't suit you that the power companies didn't know the exact cause within the hour or hours after it happened and they were questioned about it by the station means nothing... except it took longer to track down and that's all.
Show me in this thread where anyone else said it could have been a breaker...you can’t:

As I said I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT MENTIONED A BREAKER ON PAGE 3 posted on 10-3-2012 @ 12:45 AM

I accept you apology.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Hey there, are you and sepermeru roommates or like good friends? Power down Sulu, warp one....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join