It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained explosion caught live on Phoenix news broadcast

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienStalker
In the interest of finding a real answer to this instead of illuminati or aliens lol....I am suggesting something I read in that same article I was referring to earlier where one witness said he thinks "Maybe it is meth labs exploding"

That is probably the best explanation I have heard so far... Not that I don't believe there is life out there beyond this planet, or government cover-ups, but I just don't but that they are the culprits every time something strange happens.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

"The bomb squad investigation and determined it is an M-80 style fireworks," said Whittington.

The answer to mystery is not wild as some thought, but now that the truth is out neighbors want their peace and quite back."

As someone who use to toss M-80's in mailboxes as a troubled youth I can say with 100% certainty that an M-80 does not cause an explosion/flash like that.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax

It looks like there is a substation or something along the line from the camera to Silver Mountain.

Coordinates are:

33°48'58.70"N
112°15'45.39"W

Screenshots:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I thought of Meth lab thing too. One possibility I don't think anyone mentioned was a meteor. I know to cameras some I've seen on ATS do sorta look like a flash. I agree with poster that maybe the time is not correct.
I am just surprised a definate explanation has still not to my knowledge been found!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Every time I post the real answer, it gets buried.

This is kind of fun. Shall we keep on dancing?

According to the Washington Post:

1. The utility companies and meteorologists say it had nothing to do with them.

2. The nearby Air Force base refuses to comment.

Therefore, the most reasonable conclusion is that it was something related to the Luke AFB. And other clues suggest it was something highly classified, and this story will be buried, including in this thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Sorry, why are you posting massive images that do nothing but bury the real information? It was not a transformer, unless you're saying the Washington Post and/or the power company is lying when they say it was not a transformer or anything related to the power company.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Sorry, why are you posting massive images that do nothing but bury the real information? It was not a transformer, unless you're saying the Washington Post and/or the power company is lying when they say it was not a transformer or anything related to the power company.

I don't know what the real information is. If it wasn't a transformer, then it wasn't a transformer. I was just trying to be helpful. I took a guess. Sorry. What is the general consensus in the thread? I haven't read every post.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Every time I post the real answer, it gets buried.

This is kind of fun. Shall we keep on dancing?

According to the Washington Post:

1. The utility companies and meteorologists say it had nothing to do with them.

2. The nearby Air Force base refuses to comment.

Therefore, the most reasonable conclusion is that it was something related to the Luke AFB. And other clues suggest it was something highly classified, and this story will be buried, including in this thread.

While I was looking around Google Earth I saw Luke AFB and started to post something about it, but then I saw the post saying the explosion was off in the direction of Silver Mountain, and the AFB was not in the line from the camera to the mountain, so I continued looking around and saw that the substation thingy was in line, so I offered it up.

I'm all for Luke AFB being involved somehow. I'm not one of those disinfo guys. I guess I should have read all the way through the thread before jumping in.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

I don't know what the real information is. If it wasn't a transformer, then it wasn't a transformer. I was just trying to be helpful. I took a guess. Sorry. What is the general consensus in the thread? I haven't read every post.

Washington Post: Explosion-like flash of light over Phoenix’s skies seen during newscast remains a mystery

The two electric utilities that serve metro Phoenix say they didn’t have any reports of electric transformer explosions that might explain the flash.

Damon Gross, a spokesman for Arizona Public Service, says a blown fuse on a transformer can produce a flash, but he said the utility had no such report Thursday morning.

“It’s a mystery to us as well. I can’t even offer a guess,” said Doug Nintzel, a spokesman for the Arizona Department of Transportation.

Charlotte Dewey, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Phoenix, says there was no weather activity that might explain the flash.

Messages left for officials at nearby Luke Air Force Base weren’t immediately returned Friday afternoon.

Obviously if it were a meth lab, the police and everyone with a police scanner would know that, and the over 300 newspapers reporting on it would have found it out, and there'd be no reason for the "mystery".

And I just searched the recent news -- as of 20 hours ago, when the last newspaper reported this, there was still no answer from Luke AFB and no explanation aside from ruling out everything but Luke AFB.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

OK. That summary brought me up to speed. I now see what the utility company had to say. And your're right about it not being a meth lab. We would have heard something about it by now if it had been.

And I vaguely remember a post saying that the news channel isn't interested in following up on the mystery either. That strikes me as being very suspicious.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You've been very gracious, and I apologize for posting at you in a harsh tone. It's true that the base isn't in the line of the explosion, but since the Air Force does send things through the air a lot -- though it occurs to me, perhaps an object which travelled to that point and then exploded would appear on some publicly accessible radar map? Seems like a small chance given that if it is classified they'd not be so careless as to leave traces lying around, but anyone with research mojo to dig deeper might consider checking that out. I'd look myself more, but I'm just crazy enough to point to secrets and much too crazy to post in depth about them.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

People... please know the Washington Post IS NOT DOING THEIR OWN INVESTIGATION.... ALL the WP does is get info from news agencies OR just one news agency in the Phoenix area and do a story on it OR they run one the AP or Reuters did just as they did in my local paper on Saturday. Please don't put more credence if it says WP.
Personally, I go with the or a sub station arc or just some kind of electric thing by a building, or street, or where there are multiple electric units not necessarily leaving a definite fingerprint to be discovered after it happened... that's it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Talking about this on coast to coast am
right now with Ian Punit.

Said it could be methane gas explosion.

I do not think it is aliens or anything to do
with things from outer space. I do not know
what it is though.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hi.
I read a few posts and so I don't know if this has already been mentioned as a quaint possibility;
Aren't we supposed to be deceived by a holographic invasion or something along those lines?

That little flash could be like MIB on your television yo! But seriously.

Maybe it's just testing it's subliminal properties.
edit on (3/12/1212 by loveguy because:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennvideo

People... please know the Washington Post IS NOT DOING THEIR OWN INVESTIGATION.... ALL the WP does is get info from news agencies OR just one news agency in the Phoenix area and do a story on it OR they run one the AP or Reuters did just as they did in my local paper on Saturday. Please don't put more credence if it says WP.
Personally, I go with the or a sub station arc or just some kind of electric thing by a building, or street, or where there are multiple electric units not necessarily leaving a definite fingerprint to be discovered after it happened... that's it.

You mean, more credence than a quote from the power company representative who clearly states that it was definitely not a transistor and that it's a mystery to them? Your theory that it was something so strong as to be extremely bright from a distance in daylight, but so weak as to leave no trace of its cause. Can you be more specific as to the type of event you believe could cause this without the power company finding out about it?

This story has run in over 300 papers, big to little. Many of them, especially local ones, include requests for eyewitnesses or anyone with any information to come forward. How much more investigation can be done beyond that, especially if your theory that it was something undetectable is accurate?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
ASU's West campus seems to be in the line of sight. I'm not sure at all of the distances involved, I just thought it was interesting.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
NOT a transformer.....read the article....
There was a you tube video of unexplained sound that had a similar flash in it......but in the sky.....
other reports from russia recently of explosions of unknown origin.....
This may be pehenomena that is associated with the changing space conditions which our world is now passing thru......

These mysterious explosions happened a few times last year too. It's not a transformer because if it was. a news team would be able to track down the source.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq1

reply to post by Drunkenparrot

So great to see a logical person...good work. I just talked to the TV station again and they said they really are not putting a lot of effort into finding the answer. That speaks volumes of the concern.

Well that is funny since the same station did a story on the light asking for help from the public in figuring it out. They contacted all utility companies etc... to try and explain the light and got nothing... Maybe they are downplaying their concern over the phone because they don't want to get the general public too uptight about it.

Not necessarily... That speaks volumes as well... the station asks for help from the public. Let the people be intern reporters just like when they see something now the public will click it or record it on their camera cell phone and send it to the station. I was a stringer in TV for 15 years and left it in 02 to go back into radio. No cells with cameras or video capture really out yet, so I made good money. Then cell cams were all over and the public would GIVE it to the stations JUST to get name recognition on air or to just say "oh, look Hon, there's my video'! And the station doesn't have to pay a dime for it. They had to pay me. The station, believe me, would tout the fact on how they are personally 'investigating' the occurrence if they were. It’s promotion for the station. It would draw an audience and ratings. That’s a no brainer. They aren't and the men and women I spoke to knew what I did for a living because I told them and they have no reason to lie to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Can you be more specific as to the type of event you believe could cause this without the power company finding out about it?

I have in previous pages. Please read them so not to take up more space in the thread. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

i guess there are no more investigative news agencies left in this country.
let's just stick to the neverending coverage of the republican primary, sports scores, and murders/robberies...that's all the news the great unwashed need to see anyway.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join