It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained explosion caught live on Phoenix news broadcast

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
NOT a transformer.....read the article....
There was a you tube video of unexplained sound that had a similar flash in it......but in the sky.....
other reports from russia recently of explosions of unknown origin.....
This may be pehenomena that is associated with the changing space conditions which our world is now passing thru......

It could be huge build ups of static electricity as the air can act like a giant capacitor , as the wind moves the build up along it finds a path to ground and instant discharge and with that a flash and popping noise.

Then against it could be a terrorist with ........premature explosulation

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

giant capacitor theory... very possible especially at a sub station.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jymmyjaymes

"The bomb squad investigation and determined it is an M-80 style fireworks," said Whittington.

If you want people on this site to buy that story you need to explain why Aliens are messin' with M-80's.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
could have been an arc-flash. arc-flash with a little fog can look like an explosion from a distance.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Transformers ARE usually blue. That's why I mentioned in an earlier post, we can't be sure of the 'actual' color it was due to the accuracy of the camera, weather conditions (depending on the due point and humidity in the air, the flash may have just APPEARED larger because of light refraction of water molecules), the green screen at the station... and that's a few things we can't depend on. I have been in radio and TV for four decades and know that colors can be distorted in many ways...especially a flash like that which was so quick.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Levelsquare

BINGO!!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I saw something similar recently, unfortunately I wasn't looking directly at it, I was glancing down at my gauges or something and there was a bright flash in the sky in front of me. I was in south Scottsdale heading due south. It appeared to come from between 90 and 180 degrees. I believe it was March 1st. I DO know it was a Thursday night, around 8:30-9:00pm.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

Originally posted by stirling
NOT a transformer.....read the article....
There was a you tube video of unexplained sound that had a similar flash in it......but in the sky.....
other reports from russia recently of explosions of unknown origin.....
This may be pehenomena that is associated with the changing space conditions which our world is now passing thru......

It could be huge build ups of static electricity as the air can act like a giant capacitor , as the wind moves the build up along it finds a path to ground and instant discharge and with that a flash and popping noise.

Then against it could be a terrorist with ........premature explosulation

Also known as "lightening"

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

WTF four years ago when i was in bullhead city there was a huge flash it was a blueish white light me and my exgirlfriend where driving east and it was behind the mountain range there it was so big it fild the whole eastern sky when we got to our destination a guy in my friends apartment building said he saw it to i wonder what this is

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I've only seen one mention of Luke AFB in this thread. Has anyone looked at that more in depth?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
It wouldn't surprise me if the people of phoenix are having some serious memory loss today..

"K.....did you flashy thing me? ...K, did YOU FLASHY THING ME....K!!!!"

An airborne flash with no verifiable source and Travis Walton lives in the city...Let's hope he doesn't show 5 days from then naked...30+yrs changed the body, in sometimes not-so-flattering ways...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Washington Post: Explosion-like flash of light over Phoenix’s skies seen during newscast remains a mystery

The two electric utilities that serve metro Phoenix say they didn’t have any reports of electric transformer explosions that might explain the flash.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Maybe it was something like this seen from a distance away?

edit on 10-3-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Phoenix Light: Real Deal Or News Media Hoax?

With everything about the Communist-like propaganda-pushing controlled media in the USA being so phony, I'd have to lean toward it being a media hoax.

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Didnt really look like an explosion. Looked more like a simple flash , i didnt see any kind of smoke or anything. If i could have heard audio , would help a lot.

We use to see these all the time where we were , never found out what they were , never made a sound. I think its military related. We would see the flashes with no sound , go on patrol and then see a burned out area , literally burned. Like Napalm burned , but no sound of anything. Just a flash is the only thing we could relate it to. We guess it was the flash , we dont know if it was , just speculating it was.

Military are using some new weapons on insurgents , perfectly willing test subjects.

Just looked familiar is all , i bet it was just some kind of electric anomaly with a power station that isnt to common.
edit on 10-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
From the video, we can see the explosion happened somewhere between the ADOT traffic camera and Silver Mountain (34° 5'33.71"N, 112°22'49.82"W) shown in the distance (about 40 miles away):

ADOT image showing Silver Mountain in the distance:

When the news video frame is overlaid on the traffic camera frame we can see that Silver Mountain is obscured by the explosion. Since the camera is pointed roughly northwest, this would indicate the explosion occurred south of the mountain.

Since no public reports have been made of anyone who directly witnessed the explosion, I'm guessing it probably happened in the sparsely populated desert northwest of Phoenix. Possibly at or near Lake Pleasant.

Can't explain what caused it, but at least I think I know about where it happened.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The two electric utilities that serve metro Phoenix say they didn’t have any reports of electric transformer explosions that might explain the flash.

Damon Gross, a spokesman for Arizona Public Service, says a blown fuse on a transformer can produce a flash, but he said the utility had no such report Thursday morning.

“It’s a mystery to us as well. I can’t even offer a guess,” said Doug Nintzel, a spokesman for the Arizona Department of Transportation.

Charlotte Dewey, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Phoenix, says there was no weather activity that might explain the flash.

Messages left for officials at nearby Luke Air Force Base weren’t immediately returned Friday afternoon.

Washington Post

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennvideo
I've only seen one mention of Luke AFB in this thread. Has anyone looked at that more in depth?

As you can see above, the WP cutely included quotes from transportation, energy and meteorology, ruling them out...and then tactfully noted the base had not responded to requests for comments.

With everything else ruled out and no comment from Luke AFB, it's pretty obvious they were the source.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoefax
From the video, we can see the explosion happened somewhere between the ADOT traffic camera and Silver Mountain (34° 5'33.71"N, 112°22'49.82"W) shown in the distance (about 40 miles away):

ADOT image showing Silver Mountain in the distance:

When the news video frame is overlaid on the traffic camera frame we can see that Silver Mountain is obscured by the explosion. Since the camera is pointed roughly northwest, this would indicate the explosion occurred south of the mountain.

Since no public reports have been made of anyone who directly witnessed the explosion, I'm guessing it probably happened in the sparsely populated desert northwest of Phoenix. Possibly at or near Lake Pleasant.
Can't explain what caused it, but at least I think I know about where it happened.

Great job and a star for you.
I was also think of a laser hit.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennvideo
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

So great to see a logical person...good work. I just talked to the TV station again and they said they really are not putting a lot of effort into finding the answer. That speaks volumes of the concern.

Well that is funny since the same station did a story on the light asking for help from the public in figuring it out. They contacted all utility companies etc... to try and explain the light and got nothing... Maybe they are downplaying their concern over the phone because they don't want to get the general public too uptight about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join