It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained explosion caught live on Phoenix news broadcast

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
There's a good chance what was caught on film was an abduction taking place. Now that all other reasonable causes have been checked out, this is all that remains. What they need to be doing now is figuring out if anyone living near that spot has experience missing time and/or any other strange occurrence. Another reason on this same level could also relate to extraterrestrials. This might have been an alien being brought back up to the ship or being sent down to the ground. We must figure out the true cause!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I read somewhere today (still trying to find the story and link) that explained this away as an M80 like device (firework) that has been set off for the last few nights as people in phoenix have become accustom to loud explosions at night for the last week or longer in certain neighborhoods....maybe what I was reading wasn't about this threads topic, but it did seem to be about the same event....

Right....an M80 made that huge light.......

Also to the poster who said, ball lightning seems to be the new weather balloon answer......bravo
Very obstute observation....

Also the transformer answer is incorrect as the power and utility company in the area says it was not one of their substations.....

In the interest of finding a real answer to this instead of illuminati or aliens lol....I am suggesting something I read in that same article I was referring to earlier where one witness said he thinks "Maybe it is meth labs exploding"

This could create the explosion that was witnessed.....and phoenix is definitely not a dry town....could be a real answer to what this was....but I am still not convinced on exactly what this was.....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Anyone one check that cloud at the way end over the buildings.

That is no cloud, that is a solid object.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Maybe its Jesus returning in all of gods glory. I have been reading about the shekinah glory of Christ lately and this looks a lot like what was described. idk just a thought.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
So no real answer to this yet?

Again, no substations blew according to the local utility company so that theory is off the table.....

Also the video the person earlier in the thread was mentioning about the loud sound with the woman on the phone and then a bright flash emitting in the sky before the sound suddenly stopped was a real video I have seen it too, in fact I will find it:

Here it is:

www.youtube.com...

Bright flash occurs @ 7:49 mark then the loud sound ends......very creepy

Not sure this has anything to do with what occurred in Phoenix just wanted to point out this was not a false memory on the posters part due to Back to the Future as one jokester implied...things really seem to be getting weirder and weirder as we approach the ending of 2012......cue twilight zone music

edit on 9-3-2012 by AlienStalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I've seen multiple videos showing these flashes all over the world, and it just doesn't sit right with me. I honestly don't know what to think of what's going on, but I can tell you that I think the "blue flashes" look pretty amazing.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I've see flashes here that were low to the ground but it was very far away, it was also storming but the flashes looked exactly like those videos. I couldn't tell you. If it's not the government so they say and the seismologists can't figure out what it is, it would be interesting to get to the bottom of it.

I think I may have caught a picture of it, or I put it in a youtube video. I'll see if I can't find it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienStalker

If that was a methlab explosion there would have been a response from both the fire department and the police which would have made the news.

I agree that lightning is out of the question unless the monsoon has rolled back to march in the years since I was last there, besides I've seen ball lightning once down by Casa Grande and it looked nothing like what is in the video.

Consequently, I have seen transformers explode in the past and it looks just like what is in the video

I believe the substation I pointed out only services the waste water treatment plant, besides transformers explode frequently without loss of public utilities, there is quite a bit of redundancy built into the electric grid.

I'm confident that is what was captured in the video although I admit its only an educated guess.

If you are local perhaps you could contact the Deer Valley Water Treatment Plant and ask? The number is in the link I posted above and it would put my theory to rest one way or the other?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think I found the video but this is from a storm, the light is coming towards the ground not above where the clouds are. On some stills the light is towards the clouds but on some stills the light is emitting from the ground. Looks like it anyways.

edit on 9-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

No I am not a local, and the meth lab idea was just something I read elsewhere and thought could be plausible, though you are right there would have been an emergency response and have been reported at some point.....

I do see your logic about it being a substation, and do agree it looks very similar to what is witnessed in the video....but my doubts come from the fact that the electric company has come out and said they did not have a failure in their grid.....but like you said the redundancy built into the system might have allowed it to be missed....

either way a mystery for now.....hopefully someone living in the area will take your advice, call the water plant, and then refer back to this thread to supply the answers they find.....til then we wait

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

You are kidding right? Your tongue was in your cheek as you crafted this post right? An abduction taking place before our eyes in a live traffic shot? Good grief!!!! I want what you're smokin' if you're even one percent serious...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
John Titor finally returning to 2036?
Maybe some kind of movie or television filming?
Peyton Manning arriving via super secret teleportation device to work out for the Cards?
Sheriff Joe witnessed an interracial gay couple making out draped in the American flag and literally blew his mind?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienStalker

If it was a meth lab home explosion, both the fire and police departments would have issued a press release that the TV station would have gotten. Also keep in mind the color of the light in the flash we saw may NOT be the true color due to the camera that took the shot, the green screen and some other factors as well. This very well could be a transformer or some other electrical snafu within the fenced in area of that sub station. It could just be a squirrel that got fried and caused a trip of a transformers breaker. You ever see a breaker trip caused by a squirrel grounding itself? I have and wow what a flash it makes.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Thanks so much nitro for this video. I was captivated! I haven't ever seen that before.

Wonder how if feels to be in one of those or right under it. Would you be like, tingley??
The reds, blues and greens are awesome, like some form of aurora.

Originally posted by nitro67
This video has a bunch of clips of similar events, particularly around 1:50

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Not sure whether you are aware of the fact that lightning sometimes travel from the ground upwards. Si this might ecplain it.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
ok weird,

This is what my girlfriend posted a few weeks ago on ATS. The video we just saw from FOX 10 is exactly what it looked like when we both saw it. Here is the original post that my gf made.

Bright light and big explosion in Tempe, AZ

Finally a local news caught this anomaly on video. Bizarre!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This was just some redneck who got dared to light his farts on fire after eating a pot of chili beans.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I've had a somewhat similar experience here in Avondale, I'm about 15-20 miles from the posted flashing incident, except mine was just 2 very loud booms. It happened about 3 months ago, me and my wife were in our room just watching TV when all of a sudden we heard a boom, it was loud enough for both of us to look at each other in a look of "alertness" so to speak, as I thought someone or something had slammed against the front door or the garage door. Literally about one second after that initial boom we heard a *HUGE* boom! THIS one got us jumping out of bed! It was so loud, the walls and windows vibrated and I could feel the ground shake in unison with the boom. I have sunlight blocking curtains so unfortunately if there was a flash, I didn't see one whatsoever since we were inside the room with the lights on. I'm assuming if there had been a flash, and we had the lights off, I probably would've noticed a flash through the edges of the curtains, but against unfortunately I don't know if there was one. At this point, we thought there had been an explosion very nearby, as in maybe 200-300 feet away, well I did anyway.

As soon as we heard this one we jumped out of bed, I paced for maybe a few seconds, I was pretty stunned and my wife was scared someone was in the house thinking they knocked the door down. She tossed me her cell and I immediately called 911 as I walked through each room to see if I saw anything strange, and through the windows. The operator said they'd had no reports of anything and that they'd have a unit look into it. They asked me if I wanted them to follow up with me when they came, but I declined. I looked around the house with a flashlight just in case, didn't see a thing. Nothing unusual, I should also mention I looked around me to see if maybe some neighbors came out and I didn't see anyone whatsoever. This happened around 9pm, I'm not sure what day of the week it was. The strange thing is that I remember whatever it was triggered some neighbors car alarms at the end of the street, which is about 5 houses down. I didn't see a cruiser pass until about 15 minutes later.

I looked into supersonic booms the next morning, and I'm assuming it was similar to that, the thing that I'm curious about is the vibrating of my house as the boom happened. It really felt like something impacted the ground somewhere. I have a neighbor that shoots fireworks every once in a while, and that's not even a quarter of what this boom was.

Has anyone else experienced something similar to this?? I've also lived here all my life and know the sound of jets very well, from Luke AFB. But it is rare to hear them in this area, unless there's an air show. (not the case this time). I'm a first time poster, and have been going on here for about a year now. I guess this news video prompted me to tell this story, It'd be interesting to see if anyone else has a similar story.

I also have had a very strange ufo sighting in dec of 08 on the i-10 westbound about 50 miles from quartzite,az that definitely was not a plane nor a helicopter, sighted very close to me and a friend of mine during a tire blowout incident but I'll leave that for another post...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Saw the same thing one night at about 9ish two months ago in Perth WA
No explosion but it lit the horizon up. Both me and my wife saw it.
No news about it and no explanations, nobody else saw or heard it that we have spoken to since.
What amazed me is how bright large and silent it was. I kept expecting to hear a boom till well after the flash.
I wonder if they are related?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This is what I think, take it for what it is worth. A dollar. Which is about .25 cents maybe.

If you look very closely at the video of the copy of the actual report by the lady, you will see that there are two frames not in sink with each other and they appear to be jittery. It is not one frame that has been merged. I am talking about the layering frames.

You will notice that at ground level there is no fire or any other disturbance created from the flash. Just the flash itself.

I have 4 explanations.

1. Some sort of exotic phenomenon was observed that defy known understanding of how the Universe works, and we just observed such a demonstration.

2. This was some sort of exotic technology possessed by either terrestrial or non terrestrial entities.

3. A technical malfunction.

4. A physiological operation carried out by entities withing the Earth governmental systems to inculcate in the minds of the populace such happenings as a means of acclimation.

Out of the 4, I choose the 4th as the most probable. My reasons are the snide intone of the male anchor. The above mentioned frame inconsistencies and lack of damage to the surrounding area from anomaly.

My final and main reasoning is the amount of strange things passing in the skies of Earth. The meteors that streak across the sky. And the amount of solar debris that has already been articulated and publically talked about by NASA and other Governments around the World.

Our magnetosphere is what protects us from these things as well as radiation. Our sun has the potential to damage it, or weaken it considerably, thus allowing more objects from space enter our atmosphere. NASA has also publicly stated that due to these things, the atmosphere is dropping.

So, it would logically make sense from a strategic point of view to acclimate the public to an increase of actual meteor strikes of significance, if in fact they know this is true, thus trying to ease sudden outbreaks of chaos in the after math. Movies have been depicting the same thing for some time, and have advisers and liaisons from the pentagon and the CIA working directly with production departments.

Anyway, I am rambling now.

Carry on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join