It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What death really is and your function after death.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Statement #3 completely contradicts Statements #1 and #2.

How can anyone come back after death and tell us what they have experienced after death about reality, if death is the end of individual experience? It's not really possible for these three claims to be all be true.

edit on 3/9/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

See the previous reply to starchild on page 2
edit on 11-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
what death is: when your body stops.
your function after death: worm food.

there's nothing to say otherwise, guess it depend's wether you beleive in science or crazy old book's.

(imo)

I don't believe in crazy books unless what I'm reading has been once verified by me.

All I have to say is, (and it's highly obvious) that all is one. It isn't you that is alive. Everything is alive. Everything is everything.

Everything is everything.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

it is funny how u crave to mean ur superiority by jusifying all inferiority, if to u u r nothing wether living or dead, how doesnt become the issue then instead of making u able to judge one superiority that is never u

what is more funny is the insistence to mean words expressions as the living, u go to an extent in that purpose completely crazy

every second is the being, while to u the being is what u got, that is why for u facts doesnt matter so u delude it to one as long as u can be the infinite consumer, in every turn n ways u confirm being the will to profit from truth in confusion with god that to u mean existence as a creation of unity that is always contradictory and never existing

when god is to urself the only individual why dont u say it directly instead of inventing concept of oness to universe that u dont grasp its least fact existence, bc u mean that nothing exist only that is why also u go to love as nothing but one individual wills

when u r such useless to anything how does it become useful conscious? it is obvous here too the consumer u r in depth meaning to multiply all the ways for free benefits subjectively realized

calling smthg love doesnt make it existing, even here it is consomation freedom mean to subject will

what exist is exclusively what is objectively absolutely really positive fact
the fact that u dont care about facts or how they are there do not erase facts nor their justifications
the fact that ur god is the father of ur kind do not install love on the contrary it kills it from its roots, since one dont love when the object else do not exist

u belong to all lies opportunism as a liar life, if now force and powers were looking the reason of what exist positively u will immediately change all ur words

that is why u say things in the contradiction of not saying, when u say that one exist and not u, then u dont say any at all unless u bring that one to say smthg about itself or existence

while else existence is never any to witness, puppets that must stay forever witnessing wether alive or dead is nonsensical, which confirm that all is any truth so all and any is a reality of truth conception so always abstract existence but absolute facts, while when it comes to individuals is to concrete existence in absolute terms

all what u r doing u and ur gods are gonna b punished roughly, truth is the source of countings and negative counts is the real count, u gonna pay in way u never expect

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
All I have to say is, (and it's highly obvious) that all is one. It isn't you that is alive. Everything is alive. Everything is everything.

Everything is everything.

as killing individuality and truth existence is tht only n not nothing

wat do u expect from saying that, u expect nothing they become it for u, even nothing u mean it to get from

things are not powers of their looks, it is really what they are so u and ur gods are criminals while others are relative so only their positive life

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

The truth of the matter is that we don't know why we are here and what happens after death.

we are here because of solar dynamics and chance.
you are here because you parents procreated.
and theres nothing but elaborate superstition regarding what happen's after death.

"There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance."
-Hippocrates

edit on 9-3-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

No. There are two things. Objectivity and subjectivity. The only objective thing a subjective observer can observe objectively is light.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

I am definitely interested. I love NDE stories.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It is one. There is no object and subject?
You will only ever experience yourself.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
I think any after-life for humans has to include all other forms of life: frogs, viruses, bacteria, fish, birds, moles, buffalo, etc. The only way my mind can accept any sort of after-life is if it's inclusive somehow.

I absolutely agree. Everything experiences the light in its own way.

Otherwise, it's just pure wishful thinking. In fact, any sort of after-life is wishful thinking.

It is wishful thinking. But it is wishful thinking supported by actual experiences. There are two types of people. There are those that have had an NDE and those that haven't. When those that have not can tell you the same thing as those that have, then it appears that not only is it wishful thinking, but it is probable wishful thinking.

Few it seems want to admit that we have a fear of death or of mortality.

I admit that.

They make endless excuses and dance in wild circles. What boggles my mind is that they can say they have no fear yet they obsess about their religion. I mean, it just so happens that their religion grants them a potential after-life.

Just because it "just so happens", doesn't mean an after life isn't true. Have you not considered that people first knew of an after-life but then created a religion to explain it? The NDE happens man, and whoever it happens to swears its real. Who is anyone to deny them of their experience?

They replaced the original fear with a bunch of gobbledegook. Spiritualists aren't any different. They invent an after-life too. Everything from reincarnation to being elevated to the next level up in creation.

No. They don't invent it. They experience it and then tell you about it. And it just so happens that science hasn't arrived at that conclusion yet, so despite eyewitness testimony, people are too cynical to accept it. This wasn't an invention, it was an experience.

If we could admit to our fears, that's the first step. Personally, I think it's very painful to say goodbye to someone when they die. To admit that they'll never appear in the flesh again. Ever. All of the memories associated with them will eventually pass as well since people who knew them die too. And in time every physical possession they had will be recycled. Even famous people will be forgotten.

The sum of all this is that we come into this life with the spirit to overcome and win. Every day is a challenge. But death is not something we can overcome. That's why it bothers us. Losing is one thing, but not having a choice is another. It frightens us in the core of our being that nature will strike us down. It does so with almost perfect effectiveness and with no conscience. Is there anything more frightening than a killer with no remorse and who wields the power of the universe? We're so afraid, we create illusions.

Human evolution has a mission. It won't let us give up. That's why when it discovered dreams it had an idea. It said, "I wonder if I can use dreams to trick humans into thinking there's an after-life?" This happened after people saw the plight of this world and just gave up. It may have been random cavemen or cavewoman who had wandered from the clan and had been feeling an absence of meaning in life. So they walked into a herd of mammoth and were crushed. Evolution saw this and needed a plan. It wanted to preserve the emotions of these cavemen and cavewoman because of prior dependencies and it wanted the deep thoughts they possessed, but it also needed to prevent suicide and self-destruction. And so...

...it invented shamans and saints and medicine men and scholars and near-death experiences.
edit on 10-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Honestly, it doesn't matter. The fact is, you will experience the same thing everyone else experiences when they die. Even if it is a hallucination, it will still happen, and there are still things you will need to do to prepare for it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

I completely agree.

The nature of the objective (factual) universe is that it is undivided and whole. Objectivity is unity. Unity is truth.

We, as subjective observers, can only observe one thing that is objective. Everything besides this one thing that we observe is a subjective observation, and therefore only true to us as individuals. The only thing a subjective observer can observe objectively is light. Everything is light.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

It is one. There is no object and subject?
You will only ever experience yourself.

It is one unto itself. Unto me, it is and always will be many. All I can do is try to be more objective. But as long as I will live, I will fail.

There are two things in this universe. There is me and there is the light. The light is the truth that is me to itself, but to me to myself I am not yet the truth.
edit on 12-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I don't believe in life after death because i don't believe in death. I think death is like going from one dream to the next, the seer of the ever changing dream/dreams is always present and never changes.
When people say they can't remember their last life, i say can you remember the dream you had last night? They say they didn't dream last night and i say you did but you just can't remember it!!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I don't believe in life after death because i don't believe in death. I think death is like going from one dream to the next, the seer of the ever changing dream/dreams is always present and never changes.
When people say they can't remember their last life, i say can you remember the dream you had last night? They say they didn't dream last night and i say you did but you just can't remember it!!

There is the observer, and then there is the light. Until the observer becomes the fully self-realized light and lives in its truth, it will forever be subject to separation. Illusory as it may be, it still exists as an illusion and that illusion is still yours.

When people die, they experience the most objective reality there is. However, they experience it in their own way, which still implies a subjective element which still means separation. Until they die and see and be the light and fully know themselves as such, they will still be living the illusion of separation in the after life and in the life that follows.

Our goal as humans is to become the light. I believe we all are capable and I believe its not so much about physical evolution as it is being the fully self-realized light in your current form.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

There are never two things. The word universe tells you that. It may look like two things and that is why there is all this confusion, all this conflict, because it looks like two things, it is believed and acted out. There are not two things. It is one. The human condition (madness, mind made suffering, fear, anxiety, guilt) is caused by the belief in 'other'.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You 'believe' you are separate, but the observer can never be separate, the observer is now and here as presence. The separation is caused by the 'belief' in other, you believe there is a source and a you, the light and you. You believe there is something to find, something that is apart from you, in another time or another place. All of this somehow tells you that you are separate and it is believed.
There is only ever what is happening presently (as experience/this experience), this is what you are. There is only one 'thing' happening and it is this. You/this.

It does not have to be realized for it to be true, it is how it is and then it is realized.

This is Tony Parsons 'Awakening from the Dream' (of separation);
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I must admit this is a nice "opinion piece".

I must call it such because, unless you have died and return as a messenger, you can not speak as to it's absolute validity.

Due to an incident earlier in my life, I was told I had died. I will explain further.

From my own stand point of the experience, the lights went out -- then the lights came back on.

I do not recall any bright lights nor a dark tunnel.

I said I was told because I had no idea as to what happened during that time, @ 80 hours.

One moment I saw the flash of an explosion, and the lights went out. The lights came back on and I was lying in a hospital bed. The doctors and nurses told me my heart and all vital signs had stopped for several minutes. The doctors had time to wash up before they were called back.

This was my own person experience. I have no explainations for what anyone else may say. I only know what happened in my case.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by absolutely

I completely agree.

The nature of the objective (factual) universe is that it is undivided and whole. Objectivity is unity. Unity is truth.

We, as subjective observers, can only observe one thing that is objective. Everything besides this one thing that we observe is a subjective observation, and therefore only true to us as individuals. The only thing a subjective observer can observe objectively is light. Everything is light.

no u completely disagree, why do u want to use my words for a support to opposite justification ? mystery..

i said what is objective is what is positive certainty
u respond, what is objective is what is undivided, so the opposite

what cant b divided by definition dont evolve so never positive in the first place before talking about its objective growth certainty in superior justifications of freedom constancy of its terms

one concept is only to individuality right of existence relatively and subjectively from the knowledge that it can reach to be constant positive fact same of itself repetition in abstract terms that are never objective

any objectivity in concept is exclusively due to freedom realms called truth of infinite superiority present ends

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

There are never two things. The word universe tells you that. It may look like two things and that is why there is all this confusion, all this conflict, because it looks like two things, it is believed and acted out. There are not two things. It is one. The human condition (madness, mind made suffering, fear, anxiety, guilt) is caused by the belief in 'other'.

The only thing that experiences the one without experiencing separation is the objective observer. None of us are god. We may exist as part of what God is, but you as an individual will never represent how God experiences being God.
edit on 12-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton

One moment I saw the flash of an explosion, and the lights went out. The lights came back on and I was lying in a hospital bed.

Did you know that everyone has an average of 7 dreams each night. I used to lucid dream, and one thing that I found peculiar about dreaming and dreams is that although you are fully conscious in a lucid dream (just as conscious as you will be when you wake up), as soon as you open your eyes, you forget the dream. As powerful as an experience as lucid dreaming is, as soon as I opened my eyes, the dream became a distant memory. It was the damndest thing.

So what I'm saying is, perhaps you took a ride through the universe, and just forgot about it. You might say, "I think I would remember a ride through the universe", but in my professional opinion as an avid lucid dreamer, I would say, "Not necessarily".

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It isn't so peculiar...

Two sets of memories...

When you opened your eyes...

Your consciousness shifted...

Imperceptibly

Into the left hemisphere

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I have never been able to understand how my opinion and my life experience can be wrong.

Just call me dumb, but I would think unless you have some person experience, the best you can do on any subject would be opinion and conjecture.

Of course, many people seem to think education and training would trump everything else.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join