It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What death really is and your function after death.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

The truth of the matter is that we don't know why we are here and what happens after death.

we are here because of solar dynamics and chance.
you are here because you parents procreated.
and theres nothing but elaborate superstition regarding what happen's after death.

"There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance."
-Hippocrates

edit on 9-3-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

This is absolutely not true. Your limited scope of perspective does not dictate what others do or do not know. You can either believe the myriad of accounts of contrary or you can refuse to. But you cannot tell other people that what they know is not true, especially when many of those people come by their knowledge first hand.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Interesting post. As a guy who has had two documented near death experiences, once when five years old and was given to much gas when I got my tonsils removed, and a second time when I was electrocuted and thrown across a street. The first time I remember very clearly. I was given to much gas and heard this loud weird buzzing sound. And then I saw what I would later tell my parents was a " striped tornado" Being born in and living in Chicago at the time I knew what a tornado was. And the top of it the maw of this striped tornado seemed to ark toward me. And then I woke up, sick as a dog for three days.

The second time that it happened I was 21 years old and taking part in a class. I went outside with my friends and rested my right hand against the building, never imagining for a moment it could kill me. Apparently, just beneath the plaster was an exposed electrical line. When my moist hand and the moist (it was a very hot day) plaster came in contact and I pushed that electrical cord ageist the surrounding wall what happened wasn't music.

It threw my ass across the street. What I remember may seem very strange after I thought to my self "who is that skinny ugly guy sprawled out on the street? But the next thing I felt is how familiar this was. It had happened to "me " countless times before. I never believed in reincarnation for real, until then. Granted it had a certain logic, I mean how can any human being learn all they need to in just one life? But it was never " real" until that day

This story will take a lot much more time then I have now, I have to get back to work. But I'll continue for anyone interested. .

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

what they know is not true,

ive had a NDE or 'afterlife' experience.there is a rational explanation .
i'll never change my mind. it is what it is.
when science cant explain it then i'll listen to your superstition.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Really enjoy the output of thinking Human Beings....keep it up, you communicate well.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

what they know is not true,

ive had a NDE or 'afterlife' experience.there is a rational explanation .
i'll never change my mind. it is what it is.
when science cant explain it then i'll listen to your superstition.

I have a rational explanation, too. Thinking that your ego and consciousness are the result biological construct is as irrational as it comes.

Science is only science if you can replicate and predict a result. So far, science cannot replicate consciousness therefore it cannot be proven that biology can be the sole catalyst for it. In fact, there is not even any anecdotal evidence of that. However, there is both scientific evidence and anecdotal testimony that speaks for the existence of an incorporeal existence.

Occam's Razor is only valid to the beholder. To me, the default state of spirituality would follow other examples in science and nature which follows, without fail, themes of renewal, displacement, and the immortality of the universe. To many, it is absurd to think that our spirit (or ego, if you prefer) is the one exception in nature that just simply stops. And to many others, first hand knowledge doesn't end with a near death experience.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Fisherr
It's a shame no body has ever come back to let us know.

Wait. Have you never heard of the Near Death Experience? There is plenty of peculiar phenomenas associated with the event where in particular cases, there was no scientific explanation for various elements of the event. Some cases include, detailed descriptions of events taking place while the observer was medically unconscious, as well as lifelong blind people being able to see and describe what they saw.

Here is the leading website documenting accounts of many Near Death Experiences.

near-death.com...

Within that website, there are scientific analyses of NDEs as well as supporting arguments for the validity of the NDE. After reading that, any denial, is just blinders being intentionally put up.

Yeah, like me. I had the Black Tunnel Experience. It proved (to me at least) that there is life outside the physical universe. I wasn't dead though, so I only went so far and then was sucked back into my body. I could go in more detail but that's the short version. Point is: there is more to existance than the physical world. What lies beyond the tunnel? I really couldn't say.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
isn't the idea of Death a lot like the idea of having great Sex?

seriously...is it real?

has anyone ever had someone threaten them with death...

its seems to me to be a lot like being promised a night of sexual loving i'll never forget to be honest.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

...The essence of everything, including light, is consciousness...

Absolutely agree. You word this very well. I see it the same way but I tend to explain it more simply. My experience taught me that life is a dream (a kind of shared dream.) Energy and conciousness are two of the same I think.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Death is the ultimate frontier of individual perception.Individual experience.
My theory will always be, that you don't know till you experience it.Individually.

there are many theories,the force,the matrix,nirvana,heaven,hell,et cetera.But none of them are certain,only speculation. Faith makes people think it is certain,but faith is a flawed concept,faith is a defect in my opinion.

I wish you all good luck on your journey(life), but i'm looking forward to dying.
Not now,i still want to experience life's best everything.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have been ridiculed on these boards before for posting something similar.

You are mostly right in your clever process of deduction but let me shed a light on a few things from vivid experience.

Yes there is light but you forgot to mention the darkness. The all encompassing darkness that the light dances inside of. Massive light structures which we as cogs of the universe erect.

The strange part is even though most of the individuality is gone one crucial part remains. Choice, at the most basic level that's what makes us. The cog gets his choice of what he wants to help accomplish from a near endless list.

The other thing you missed is the constant contact with the others comes in the form of billions of voices an incessant chatter, along with this is a voice that speaks to you as well as through you from within and outside all at once. This is what I like to call Gods will and its startling the first time you experience it. Its like an involuntary reflex that knows your every move even as you choose.

The bulk of your op is highly enlightened for someone whose never had an NDE. My experience is from 8 minutes
of clinical death and that 8 minutes felt as if 3 days had passed.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Personally, I believe that death is the blooming of a new conscience. Think about the different types of conscience there may be. Our planet as an object may have its own form of reality. Any other living object may have its own form of conscience and be subjected to its own fantastic understanding of its surroundings. I can ponder death for hours on end. It is the great mystery.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

The truth of the matter is that we don't know why we are here and what happens after death.

we are here because of solar dynamics and chance.
you are here because you parents procreated.
and theres nothing but elaborate superstition regarding what happen's after death.

"There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance."
-Hippocrates

edit on 9-3-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

How are solar dynamics created -
What was there before the Cosmos came into existence in other words.
What caused the so called Big Bang
What was the spark the trigger
Science can not explain everything -
Science can equally be accused of being a crutch to reassure those needing such.
Maybe Hippocrates should have been more truthful ie Science is ignorant of many things yet to be explained

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Watch this documentary. It covers the big bang on a quantum/fractalized scale.

Science can explain everything, it just hasn't had the chance to explain everything.. yet.
edit on 3/10/2012 by JELLYWAX because: added more info

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JELLYWAX

Thanks but -
Link says URL contains malformed video so I am unable to view it
What was the point you were attempting to make please

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Oops, sorry here's the link: www.youtube.com...

I was trying to say that everything that is "real" or that has come to be real in our universe, can be scientifically explained, if understood correctly that is. Everything has an explanation as to why it happened, things as far as I know don't just happen, there's always a driving force to actively change something. So in this documentary, it is explained from a theoretical standpoint.. well first you've got to be on the same page as me, let me catch you up.

I believe that time is a perception of conscience right? As in 1 minute could be relatively longer to one person than another, and that relativity can last from ages upon ages all the way up to seconds. I recall a philosophical quote along the lines of "Time lasts as long as one may make use of it". Anyway beyond that I also believe that size is relative as well. For instance an ant thinks he is a normal size, and humans are giants. Right?

So on a quantum scale, when we clap our hands together (this is mentioned in the documentary), our cells hit eachother and cause a "bang" similar to how our universe seems to have been created. With that bang anything is possible as nothing is limited to our frame of time and size. So possibly on a super quantum level, that moment of the bang between your hands could have lasted what seems to be millions of years in anything that might possibly have existed in that bang if the opportunity is present. I am not saying all contacts between cells/atoms/energy/etc have the ability to produce quantum life. I'm just saying there's quite a good chance being so many things touch, time is infinite, and single cell organisms aren't limited to our concept of size; with the ability to evolve we just may be creators of new worlds/galaxies within our own. If you think about it we are INCREDIBLY small creatures drifting in an INCREDIBLY small galaxy in the middle of a massive universe, so what makes it so much more unbelievable that there may not be life so small even we don't know it exists?

I also don't believe the whole status-quo on how everything necessarily needs water, or typical sources of energy to survive like we do here on Earth. I believe life is limitless and anything is possible.

But I am not entirely sold on that theory for the big bang, but it's one of the more logically sensible ones I have come across I believe. I do not know how to explain the theory of the universe retracting back into itself and restarting the cycle to correspond with the above.
edit on 3/10/2012 by JELLYWAX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JELLYWAX

Thanks for link and more so for your perceptions which in essence make perfect sense to me
Consciousness for me is the starting point of the Cosmos and those things known and also unknown.
IE Something somewhere as though from nothing became it aware it existed and so the story the journey began to the magnificence we are aware of and also that which we are not aware of.
I so agree size is not important nor is time in a sense that that time is a product of consciousness

Now I will watch the vid - Thanks

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think any after-life for humans has to include all other forms of life: frogs, viruses, bacteria, fish, birds, moles, buffalo, etc. The only way my mind can accept any sort of after-life is if it's inclusive somehow.

Otherwise, it's just pure wishful thinking. In fact, any sort of after-life is wishful thinking.

Few it seems want to admit that we have a fear of death or of mortality. They make endless excuses and dance in wild circles. What boggles my mind is that they can say they have no fear yet they obsess about their religion. I mean, it just so happens that their religion grants them a potential after-life. They replaced the original fear with a bunch of gobbledegook. Spiritualists aren't any different. They invent an after-life too. Everything from reincarnation to being elevated to the next level up in creation.

If we could admit to our fears, that's the first step. Personally, I think it's very painful to say goodbye to someone when they die. To admit that they'll never appear in the flesh again. Ever. All of the memories associated with them will eventually pass as well since people who knew them die too. And in time every physical possession they had will be recycled. Even famous people will be forgotten.

The sum of all this is that we come into this life with the spirit to overcome and win. Every day is a challenge. But death is not something we can overcome. That's why it bothers us. Losing is one thing, but not having a choice is another. It frightens us in the core of our being that nature will strike us down. It does so with almost perfect effectiveness and with no conscience. Is there anything more frightening than a killer with no remorse and who wields the power of the universe? We're so afraid, we create illusions.

Human evolution has a mission. It won't let us give up. That's why when it discovered dreams it had an idea. It said, "I wonder if I can use dreams to trick humans into thinking there's an after-life?" This happened after people saw the plight of this world and just gave up. It may have been random cavemen or cavewoman who had wandered from the clan and had been feeling an absence of meaning in life. So they walked into a herd of mammoth and were crushed. Evolution saw this and needed a plan. It wanted to preserve the emotions of these cavemen and cavewoman because of prior dependencies and it wanted the deep thoughts they possessed, but it also needed to prevent suicide and self-destruction. And so...

...it invented shamans and saints and medicine men and scholars and near-death experiences.
edit on 10-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

When you look upon a dead body it is still the same person, Bill John Mary etc there is one thing missing, The Spark of life, and that is who we are.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

I do not live life, nor does life live me. I am not experienced by the "universe", nor is the "universe" experienced by me.

I am what all these ideas fail to capture.

Yeah but I am this.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by smithjustinb

There are those that have died and came back that have told us this

Isn't this a contradiction to your premise that we lose individual consciousness?
If we are assimilated into light/matter/energy/love/whatever, we are unlikely to be coming back with messages

Wrong. All is consciousness. Light is consciousness's highest form. Light is the only truth. All else is subjective, but valid in its own right. However, light is true for all. All is one. What you can do here, you can do in the light, as the light, because you are always the same. The perspectives change, but the player remains the game.

When you are free from subjective relativism as an individual, you become aware of the whole and its most objective truth. You see from the perspective of the most objectively true form; light. You are free. You are tied to your previous incarnation for as long as you want to be. At death, the previous incarnation is fresh. You still use it as a reference point, but you can view your previous incarnation from a less subjective perspective. That's why in life reviews, people not only feel and see things from their individual perspective, but from other people's perspectives as well. Light is the only thing not subjective and as light, you can have a clearer, more objective view of all that is. All there is is consciousness.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join