It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunked: Sign of the Prophet Jonas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by Sahabi

I explain this thoroughly in an article titled "Peter, the rock to be rolled away.". Check the link in my signature. The sign of Jonah was three days, or 3000 years. The article explains in detail. You are thinking literally. Jesus was speaking of his return during the day of the Lord.

No, see my post. Christ sign, as well as the basis of our faith, was that He rose again after 3 days. Read 1 Corinthians 15.

None of the prophecies in the Bible are one thing only. They are always allusions to the next age and point to the final day of the Lord. You are thinking liberally. The Bible is dimensionally expressed by symbol and meaning. All is interrelated to the whole. Rarely does an event or parable have a single narrow meaning.

1 Corinthians 15 isn't about prophecy or Eschatology. It's the plain simple naked gospel.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Sahabi

I explain this thoroughly in an article titled "Peter, the rock to be rolled away.". Check the link in my signature. The sign of Jonah was three days, or 3000 years. The article explains in detail. You are thinking literally. Jesus was speaking of his return during the day of the Lord.

No, see my post. Christ sign, as well as the basis of our faith, was that He rose again after 3 days. Read 1 Corinthians 15.

None of the prophecies in the Bible are one thing only. They are always allusions to the next age and point to the final day of the Lord. You are thinking liberally. The Bible is dimensionally expressed by symbol and meaning. All is interrelated to the whole. Rarely does an event or parable have a single narrow meaning.

1 Corinthians 15 isn't about prophecy or Eschatology. It's the plain simple naked gospel.

True, but all of what Christ did was the foreshadowing of his second coming on the Day of the Lord. This is the thousand year reign when the enemies are made his footstool.

Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

Barnabas 15:5
And He rested on the seventh day. this He meaneth; when His Son
shall come, and shall abolish the time of the Lawless One, and shall
judge the ungodly, and shall change the sun and the moon and the
stars, then shall he truly rest on the seventh day.

-Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
-Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
-Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
-Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)

If you do the math, the three days Christ was referring to is both the literal three days and the figurative. The Bible always goes both ways.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join