learn more

Rick Santorum To Single Mothers: Government Paternity Tests Or No Welfare

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Free birth control and resources at schools for information on obtaining birth control might help. Better and realistic sex education as well. The bible thumper's version of sex ed needs to stay in the church. Schools need to have science backed sex education presented in a manner that will capture the youth's attention. That is a start.

Mandatory government paternity tests is beyond borderline tyranny, not that the line has not already been crossed in the USA.

I am curious to the size of Santorum's bullet hole in his foot after this hits the main stream news.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I was in a women's shelter a few years back. There was one girl (about 16) in there who got in by claiming she was raped and her mom kicked her out. She told me she made those fake claims to get into the shelter and get her aid started. I'm not expert on what it takes to to AFDC (they maybe don't even call it that anymore). I am only telling you what she told me.

People are using the system to keep boyfriend/daddy off the hook for child support.

I am no fan of Santorum, but I have no problem with trying to eliminate fraud, even if it means somebody has to suffer the embarrassment of coming up with x number of potential fathers.

Likewise, I support drug testing for all people receiving aid. If employees whose taxes support them have to do it, they should, too. The thought of somebody blowing their meager subsistence check the day they get it on drugs is sad, especially for their children.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

i guess your not aware of this but most states require when a parent seeks financial aid that they also start child support proceedings. The Theory goes it takes two t create a baby so of course if one of the parents isn't helping the state will go after the other parent for child support. So oddly i agree with him wow there's a first Yes both parents should be held responsible for the child. And if your going to have taxpayers supporting the child don't you think the other parent should also help????
I

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by Annee

Actually no, and once I was off food stamps he stopped paying support. The state got it while I had food stamps, and my son got................. drumroll please................. $5 total in child support in 18 years. If you aren't on some sort of assistance there is no help to fight for child support.

Hey - my daughter did better then you. She got a total of $35 in 18 years.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with making fathers pay for their kids??? Bloody right they should pay!! Why should the tax payer pay for some feckless parents kids??

If you are old enough to have sex then you are old enough to take responsibility for anything that comes from it..

That goes for the women too

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
People are using the system to keep boyfriend/daddy off the hook for child support.

Wealthy people use the system by tax breaks and tax shelters.

If you are the type of person who is going to use the system - - - it doesn't matter what your excuse is - - - or your economic standing.

Fraud is Fraud.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

People don't have babies, planning on going on welfare. So those people who are on it because they lost jobs due to the economy, really should of known better. Yea, those women who don't want to report the fathers because they don't want the abusive jagoff to find them, really should of thought better. Funny, life doesn't contain absolutes.
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yea and how about those who lie to the sob about being on birth control and try the whole it's my body defense? Two to tango and all. Funny thing is people who have a problem with this wouldn't vote republican in the first place. This isn't about losing your job and needing the benefits it's more about those who play the system and have multiple children with multiple men. The bad apples have ruined the bunch by taking advantage of a supplemental aid not a lifestyle. Oh and your view also helps those woman who have upped and left a good guy and taken their kids. Men have rights towards their own children as well as woman! I am sick of the "but's" and want a way to check the abuses on the system.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The nerve of this guy never ceases to amaze me!

He's the antithesis of all that America stands for- and the fact that anyone takes him seriously, let alone, support and vote for him, is just appalling.

I made this vid (a mini-doc if you will) to highlight his ridiculousness. How do people, even if they share his ideology, not recognize that he is the WORST kind of big-government politician- and is a SERIOUS threat to this country, and to the very concept of liberty/freedom.

PART 1:

PART 2:
edit on 9-3-2012 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
The mother you describe knows exactly who the father is, when the baby was conceived, where the father works, and the father more than likely is also working, and he may not voluntarily cooperate or pay, but they are going to get him one way or another....... eventually. ]

That may sound good on paper - - - it just isn't the reality in most cases in real life.

Even if the mother knows exactly who the father is - - - if he did not put his name on the birth certificate - - - the burden of proof falls on the woman.

I know several women where the man quit his job so he wouldn't have to pay anything. He found some other woman to support him and does under the table or odd jobs for cash. It seems to be a current trend.

The problem is: The entire burden falls on the woman to get any help at all. Not only does she go through a pregnancy - - but then she has the responsibility of taking care of the child - - - and on top of that - - has to fight through the system to get even "crumbs of support".

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Ah yes, so Santorum is an elitist who has no idea what it is like to be poor so he hops on the train on how to criminalize the poor.

What is with the GOP war on women?

How is this guy even in the running?

The point of welfare is so the children are provided for.

So what he is saying is that he doesn't care about the welfare of children, he just wants to embarrass and criminalize single mothers

And he stereotypes and makes blanket statements.

This guy is a POS..

edit on 9-3-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

Determining who the father is, is not discriminating against the poor. How ridiculous you make it sound.

The point of welfare is to help the children, true, however, where does the welfare come from? From the taxpayers of course. The 52% who work pay the other 48% who do not work. States pay for child welfare support, not the federal government. Santorum is not trying to criminalize the poor. Santorum is trying to make those who are irresponsible for their actions (the MEN not the women) take the responsibility to support their own progeneny and not shuffle the tax burden to those in the state working. Those who do not accept the responsibility are jailed if they fail to meet their child support burdens. Ask any dad who lost his job and couldn't afford to make the payment ordered by the Court. The criminalization (if that's what you want to call it) falls on the father, not the mother. And why shouldn't an unmarried pregnant woman not be embarressed? The cost of a prophylactic at the truck stop is two for a dollar as I last remember.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This sounds like the makings for a new type of Maury Show.

Drag the suspect father on stage in-cuffs-now.. While the welfare mother screams and chants 'It's him this time I knows it, now gimme my check!"

Sorry, could not refuse..

edit on 9-3-2012 by LedaOhio because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-3-2012 by LedaOhio because: added vid link and fixed it..

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

If you are the type of person who is going to use the system - - - it doesn't matter what your excuse is - - - or your economic standing.

Fraud is Fraud.

Using tax breaks and shelters is legal. Lying and signing your name is perjury and that's illegal.

God Bless.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
How can THIS be a suggestion anyone is against?? Particularly the Women on the thread. Forget for 1 second WHO is saying or or what ELSE he has said...and take JUST the idea. Man runs around making babies and won't step up. Law requires the Baby's father be proven, if that is possible. As DNA databases grow, we won't even need a father to cooperate. Just drop the baby's DNA in with computing power that is still a few years off, and out should pop a short list of possible Daddy's with high % matches on DNA.

I just can't see where anything here is negative unless someone has a kid they aren't claiming. In that case, I hope they do someday prove paternity and when that happens, they throw the guy UNDER the jail until something is worked out for binding payments in the future. Don't want kids? Use raincoats in the bedroom. They work. They really do.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Fraud is Fraud.

Using tax breaks and shelters is legal. Lying and signing your name is perjury and that's illegal.

God Bless.

Yes - - I know there are "legal" tax breaks and tax shelters. Just as there is legal government support.

The FRAUD is in how you manipulate the system.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I see your point, Annee.

God bless.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Santorum is trying to make those who are irresponsible for their actions (the MEN not the women) take the responsibility to support their own progeneny and not shuffle the tax burden to those in the state working.

There is a right way to state something - - - and there is a wrong way to state something.

The way Santorum lays it all out is the WRONG way.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Isn't this the same guy who opposes abortion.... but his wife had one? Ef him!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Isn't this the same guy who opposes abortion.... but his wife had one? Ef him!

She lived with an older man who was an abortion doctor - - before Santorum.

I don't think she herself had an abortion.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

How should he have said it? Something like..

"Hey if they know who the father is...?

Santorum may not be politically correct but he is correct.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
I agree here.
If a father is the applicant for the benefits, he should be required to supply the mother's name also.

Sex Ed is going to be of great benefit to you. I believe it begins around 6th grade.

It is more than possible to become pregnant and bear a child without knowing who the father is.
It is NOT even a little bit possible to have a child and not know who the mother is.
Hint: The child comes right out of her.

Child support is not always paid by the father, there are plenty of cases where the mother pays.
Custody is not always held by a mother, there are father's who have sole custody of their children as well.

This can go both ways.

A lot of you seem to be completely missing the disparity in options here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join