Rick Santorum To Single Mothers: Government Paternity Tests Or No Welfare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Actually I believe there are some people who the Gumment does need to step in and....."help".
Plus if Mommy is selling that many admission tickets to the underpants park, maybe there should be some monitors there.
Otherwise you got folks like that chick with 16 kids who claim, someones gotta feed mah bebbies.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Is it just me or am I the only one who had 'The Scarlet Letter' pop into my mind on reading this?

Ridiculous. My kids father can not work ever so I agreed to never ask for child support cuz he'd go to jail and get far worse records. It should be up to the parents if they want stuff done or not. End of story.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He wants dead beat dads to pay for their kids instead of the US government.

How do you figure that? The only people that benefit from these benefits are the children. The only people being punished by this would be the children. I am not sure you know much about deadbeat dads but they already do not care if the children do not get fed or healthcare taken care of. How does denying the children help force deadbeat dads to pay anything?

I'm actually thinking this is a good idea. I have no idea how he'd implement it.
But getting dead beat dads to pay for kids may stop them from mass procreating
tons of kids who will just end up on welfare, foodstamps and getting free lunches
at school ... all paid for by the tax payer.

He is punishing children by going after mothers. Nothing in there does anything to deadbeat dads.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

He is punishing children by going after mothers. Nothing in there does anything to deadbeat dads.

How is requiring a father's name on the welfare application punishing the child?

Are ther really that many women who would not give thename of the father or who do not know who the father is?

Sorry but this does not punish the child unless the mother refuses to comply.
Then it is not the policy punishing the child but the mother punishing the child.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Actually I believe there are some people who the Gumment does need to step in and....."help".
Plus if Mommy is selling that many admission tickets to the underpants park, maybe there should be some monitors there.
Otherwise you got folks like that chick with 16 kids who claim, someones gotta feed mah bebbies.

So if you are a single mother, you must sleep around alot?
Please explain this logic.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
How is requiring a father's name on the welfare application punishing the child?

By denying the CHILD benefits if that name is not supplied.

Are ther really that many women who would not give thename of the father or who do not know who the father is?

There really only has to be one.

Sorry but this does not punish the child unless the mother refuses to comply.

Then a law forcing you to hand me hundred dollar bills on the hour does not punish you...unless you fail to comply.

Then it is not the policy punishing the child but the mother punishing the child.

So you think the only reason to not have the father's name is simply by selfish choice?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Love how its always the woman's fault.

I've been suggesting mandatory government paternity DNA testing for years.

You can imagine the negative responses I get.

There are plenty of working single moms that can not get any kind of assistance or help from the paternal sperm donor.

How about we help those women who chose to work and raise their kids - - without government assistance.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
LOL and about 33% of all states are voting this guy LOL

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

Ok I will type slow for your benefit.
If Mommy does not know which of the men is her babydaddy, this is what I would call...loose.
When my wife got pregnant she knew of the choices, me, me, and me was the father.
If needed I can repost in multicolor to simulate crayon.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
LOL and about 33% of all states are voting this guy LOL

I actually think its more Fear Based voting against a Mormon - - then voting for Santorum.

But that's a different story.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This is already a law.

I haven't read through the thread yet, but to be eligible for government benefits, a mother is forced to comply with the Child Support Enforcement authority of the state. She has to "cooperate," which means submitting a list of possible fathers, allowing paternity tests, etc. Sure, sometimes they lie, or they give a list that is bogus, but generally the agency can find the lawful father.

Also, if any cash assistance is received, and then child support is later recovered, the child support goes to pay back the debt to the state before it goes to the mother.

Santorum is talking just to talk, he isn't saying anything new.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

If Mommy does not know which of the men is her babydaddy, this is what I would call...loose.
When my wife got pregnant she knew of the choices, me, me, and me was the father.

So what!

The child did not choose to be born.

The child's sperm donor is just as responsible for this child as the mother.

AGAIN - - always the woman's fault.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by silo13

This is already a law.

I haven't read through the thread yet, but to be eligible for government benefits, a mother is forced to comply with the Child Support Enforcement authority of the state. She has to "cooperate," which means submitting a list of possible fathers, allowing paternity tests, etc.

True.

However - - name one state with mandatory paternal DNA testing.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You better read slowly too.

Unless it is for another very good reason that has nothing to do with being loose. Failing to see that?

Wonderful for you and your wife. I am sure you believed her without demanding a test too.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

The child did not choose to be born.

The child's sperm donor is just as responsible for this child as the mother.

AGAIN - - always the woman's fault.

I agree here.
If a father is the applicant for the benefits, he should be required to supply the mother's name also.

Child support is not always paid by the father, there are plenty of cases where the mother pays.
Custody is not always held by a mother, there are father's who have sole custody of their children as well.

This can go both ways.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by silo13

This is already a law.

I haven't read through the thread yet, but to be eligible for government benefits, a mother is forced to comply with the Child Support Enforcement authority of the state. She has to "cooperate," which means submitting a list of possible fathers, allowing paternity tests, etc.

True.

However - - name one state with mandatory paternal DNA testing.

I thought they all had it?

Florida has it. It is only mandatory is someone applies for cash assistance. It isn't required for food stamps, but it is certainly required for cash assistance. All of the states I have had dealings with were similar, and I think it is part of the Title IV requirements. There isn't much difference from state to state in regards to child support and welfare benefits.

I'll do some research and come back with sources just in case I am remembering wrong, but I am 100% certain that Florida requires it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Louisianna requires it.

Maryland too

New Hampshire also...

It is always required if the mother is applying for Cash Assistance, Medicare, or Medicaid for a child.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
There is some speculation that these "*"s are to leave no possible candidate but Romney
That would sure explain the looneys they are running.
and the hot buttons they are pushing "Like slowing sex lives ?"...
and the Ron Paul they are ignoring and vote frauding
edit on 9-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'm actually thinking this is a good idea. I have no idea how he'd implement it.
But getting dead beat dads to pay for kids may stop them from mass procreating
tons of kids who will just end up on welfare, foodstamps and getting free lunches
at school ... all paid for by the tax payer.

At the cost of a woman's privacy? Who she takes into her bedroom or not?
No no no no - that price is FAR TOO HIGH.
Let's figure out another solution that doesn't RAPE A WOMAN'S PRIVACY!
And the privacy of the men for that matter.
peace

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

YES!!!
If the woman cannot remember which of the pittsburgh steelers is the father or cannot narrow it down to 3 people or god forbid, know the ONE person it could be.
Then yes, it would be the womans fault.
And if the woman has an idea of who it is and does not come forward with a name, then yes, that would be the womans fault as well.
Is this so hard to comprehend?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join