Rick Santorum To Single Mothers: Government Paternity Tests Or No Welfare

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Isn't this the same guy who opposes abortion.... but his wife had one? Ef him!

She lived with an older man who was an abortion doctor - - before Santorum.

I don't think she herself had an abortion.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

She had a partial birth abortion to save her own life, not that I have a problem with that, but Rick does, or at least he claims he does, if his daughter became pregnant as the result of being raped, I am 100% sure his opinion would be different for his own family. He is the scariest politician I have listened to in a long time, I can't imagine 90% of his ideas actually having support. The US is in dire straights if a clown like this is winning states. It's a disgrace.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He wants dead beat dads to pay for their kids instead of the US government.

I'm actually thinking this is a good idea. I have no idea how he'd implement it.
But getting dead beat dads to pay for kids may stop them from mass procreating
tons of kids who will just end up on welfare, foodstamps and getting free lunches
at school ... all paid for by the tax payer.

Im thinking it is more to get the deadbeat woman to work again...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This sounds like the best idea I have heard so far from all candidates. That is taking an opposing position to obama. Here in the great state of la mothers tell their young teenage daughters to get knocked up, because it's their turn to get a check. They live for free as long as they can have children. If the father was to be identified child support would be enforced. But that mostly only happens if you are white.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I disagreed with Santorum but if these whores can't tell who fathered her child, well

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Whatever the reasons or justifications given by Santorum, I don't buy it.
It gives the Federal Government more power over our lives when we need less.
The Federal Government does the same thing to the states, where they tax and penalize you, and then offer a carot and stick solution to get what they want.

Give the power back to the states and shrink the government to 5% and welfare will not even be needed.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

my mother worked how about you?
i would take care of the children they would be provided anything they need and a social worker would check to make sure the mother doesnt seize anything for her own
there should be no money given to the mother if she cant take care of herself and her kids the kids will be cared for they are innocent
if shes in a bad spot because of decisions SHE made she should deal with the consequences

its easy to say shes a victim because guess what she is! but she allowed herself to be
again plenty of women get caught up in the same mess and the ones with a good head on their shoulders get out
is that a dick thing to say?sure it is but its true sometimes it better to hear the truth so you can deal with it than be buttered up and told everything is alright

and you really dont want to play the victim of circumstance (oh its the childhood parents schooling blah blah blah) because the same logic could be applied to literally everything
we are all a victim of circumstance
you help those who will receive it well
if theyve proven themselves incapable of being a grownup and taking care of themselves THAT needs to be adressed through counceling rather than just tossing a check at her and saying "i know you may be incapable of using this to help yourself properly but i dont give a F i did my job"

its just tossing money in a hole until the real problem is dealt with.... whatever that happens to be

tl;dr when was the last time a problem was solved by tossing a check at it?
edit on 10-3-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink

i would take care of the children they would be provided anything they need and a social worker would check to make sure the mother doesnt seize anything for her own

I would.

Not - - I will

Pretty self-explanatory.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
I disagreed with Santorum but if these whores can't tell who fathered her child, well

Answer me something.

If a male contraceptive pill was available - - would you take it?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

ok will YOU take care of all the children in this situation?
please say yes or retract your snarky rebuttal
i would given the resources
i am not in charge of these things i dont set the rules do you?
seriously whats wrong with you that you think i would even be capable of such a thing
given the power to do so i would

i can tell you right now im living far below your standards so i really dont appreciate your bull

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Isn't this the same guy who opposes abortion.... but his wife had one? Ef him!

She lived with an older man who was an abortion doctor - - before Santorum.

I don't think she herself had an abortion.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

She had a partial birth abortion to save her own life, . .

You would need to provide facts and a link for this. My findings show it to be one of those fabrications that spread on the internet.

. . . according to a nationally respected obstetrician-gynecologist who has long been active in the reproductive health community and who provides abortion services — who spoke on condition of anonymity due to not having treated Santorum directly — by their own account, the Santorums neither induced labor nor terminated the pregnancy. www.salon.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

i can tell you right now im living far below your standards so i really dont appreciate your bull

Can you explain that please.

Anyone can get on the net and make judgmental and accusatory statements.

So far - all I see from you is personal ranting.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

have you bought a new shirt in the last two years?
what did you have for breakfast lunch and dinner yesterday?
do you drive a car?
hair dye? makeup?
where do you live

i will answer after you do

i know your kind and i am tiring of you very quickly dont take offense if i just stop responding at some point

(ps. i like how ignore anything you cant refute and jump right into the personal stuff)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Rick Santorum

He's a Nazi!

Ok Folks just PRETEND it Santorum Sings it and not Limbaugh
the Lryic fits anyways ..

He's a Nazi - Rush Limbaugh in his own voice!

Libtalker Mike Malloy: Rick Santorum 'A Nazi', 'Not A Christian', 'A Sick Man'

and he plays the Race Card on Welfare

Rick Santorum Says Blacks Should Get Off Welfare... Racist or NOT?

the Sickness of People Agreeing and Clapping WTF!!!

Santorum On Blacks And Welfare

People that Worship this Kind of Metal Ill Waste of a Man Dont deserve to be in The USA

a Nazi KKK Poster Child! for a White NATION !!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
While the rest of the American workforce slaves away at their jobs, the American Government siphons away money from hard-working Americans to support welfare queens. It's nice to know I work so hard to support people that refuse to work, have multiple babies out of wedlock with multiple fathers, and siphon the hard-earned dollars from ordinary working Americans.

Welfare was meant to be a temporary stop-gap, not a permanent solution. And, under those emergency situations, I am in full support of helping a single mother during her time of need for a temporary period of time until she gets back on her feet and finds employment.

Deadbeat dads need to pay for the children they spawn out of wedlock, not the state. The state -- supported by the tax dollars of hard-working Americans -- shouldn't be paying the grocery bills for a welfare queen if the deadbeat dad isn't contributing a dime to her support. Why shouldn't the deadbeat dad pay?

Why should I have to pay for someone else's children when the deadbeat dad can pay?

The problem in this country isn't Rick Santorum. It's the evil, immoral culture that breeds a rabid entitlement philosophy.

The reason Santorum is winning is because hard-working, ordinary Americans are sick and tired of supporting the welfare state. We're tired of seeing our hard-earned dollars go to support people who won't take responsibility for their own lives.

We are compassionate for those truly in need, but not for those that abuse the system and then laugh in our faces about how stupid we are to support their freeloading lifestyle.

Ever see a welfare queen with a Gucci purse buying groceries with food stamps? Her Cadillac is parked out front, too. "Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Taxpayer. Suckers!"

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

I was born in poverty as a victory baby of WWII - - - in Watts - - - in a trailer park.

My dad won a military lottery - - where the military gave Quonset huts to the families to turn into homes.

When my mom contracted polio in the '51 epidemic - - my dad split because he couldn't handle having a disabled wife and 3 kids under 7. I was raised by my grandmother while my mom worked.

I did not go hungry or without clothes - - because the grade school principle adopted our family and took up collections for us.

When I was 16 - - my mom married a millionaire. The difference is "more choices". It doesn't give you character - - it doesn't teach you to be ethical - - it doesn't teach you to have integrity. It doesn't really teach you anything.

Where am I now? In the Los Angeles area being Nanny to my 4 year old grandson who's daddy died of Cancer before he was a month old - - so his mom can work. Even though I'm married and live in another state.

Are there people worse off then me? Absolutely!

But I'm not the one attacking them (or I should say the women). I'm not the one pounding them down with a 10 ton weight - - because they made bad choices. Until you are 6 feet under - - you still make choices - - anyone can turn it around by the choices they make.

edit on 10-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

ah i see where youre coming from now
the world is a different place than it was when you were born in the 40s and growing up in the 50s
women and men are supposed to be on equal footing
the argument that she was incapable to leave the relationship because she was dependent or was manipulated through her emotions doesnt fly anymore

switch the gender roles in the argument we were having and see if you feel the same
(a man staying in a similarly abusive relationship ....and i know it may be hard to fathom such a situation but thats exactly my point its disrespectful to women to assume she cant only because shes a woman)

no disrespect its just a lot better to know where someone is coming from when they say something because its clear and im sure you will agree that your life and the time youve been living it has had a huge impact on your views

(if you want i will answer the questions as well i dont see the point anymore myself though)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

the point of welfare is so children are provided for. unfortunately, there are women who intentionally get pregnant w/the intention of livinng on welfare. when a kid gets too old, they have another one. as for the fathers, these are their children too. they should be expected to help support them.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

ah i see where youre coming from now
the world is a different place than it was when you were born in the 40s and growing up in the 50s
women and men are supposed to be on equal footing

the argument that she was incapable to leave the relationship because she was dependent or was manipulated through her emotions doesnt fly anymore

You are interpreting. You are interjecting your own ideas into what I actually say.

Emotions don't fly anymore? What are we robots now?

There is a fine line in feeling safe and protected with a controlling man. Many women mistake control for caring - - and caring for love. Especially a younger woman who may have come from a family of a controlling father.

Just like anything in life that isn't perfect - but still OK - - - you accept and adjust. Like a job. They're rarely perfect - - but OK - - so you accept and adjust.

Not all controlling relationships escalate into abuse. But those that do - - usually do it over a period of time. You accept and adjust - - and accept and adjust - - until it becomes "normal".

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Perhaps we can just force sterilization of all men in order to make sure no unintended babies are born

or rather, develop some sort of erectile dampening collar for all men to wear, and you can apply to have it removed for purposes of procreation.

Yes, this is fine...obamacare is crossing the line, but this seems perfectly fine.

-leaves this earth-

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Were we a third world country prior to these Government programs? NO WE WERE NOT. Enough said.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join