It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Giant Finger discovered in Egypt? BILD.de Exclusive News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The bone looks a little too clean, and why they are laying it down on rags?

I don't know about this one, why just a finger that's mummified and not a whole body? Or is this all we get to see? I believe giants existed, we have giants alive today, but this seems too good to be true.

Did you read the article , it is a family heirloom from an Egyption grave robber . The finger was probably rapped up in the cloth . I have to ask why do people discount the giants stories ? They are global and I believe many of the skeletons on you tube about Giants are real . I mean tools have been ound at old mines that only a gant could swing . I for one believe it is real and I also believe the bible when it says they will reappear on earth in the end of days .

They say special forces caught a giant in the caves of Afganistan , it had killed fellow Americans and was eating them when another team showed up looking for the first team.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by tarifa37

Gorilla finger would look closer to the way the bone sticks out with out any signs of the knuckle.

Playing devil's advocate:

I've never seen a 15 inch long Ape finger.

The dried flesh and bone in the images is the remains of a digit that was violently separated somehow from some giant species of humanoid once present in Africa during ancient times.

If it was ripped off, perhaps as a result of conflict of some description, during an isolated accident, or deliberately cut off as a punishment, it's unlikely the knuckle joint portion would be intact, since it appears it was severed below the knuckle / palm joint, you would see what we see in the image. The flesh has obviously shrunk back while drying, leaving exposed bone, with a fairly clean break.

If this is really a genuine relic, i suggest it was removed deliberately due to the look of the bone. A trophy from the corpse of the owner after battle, a proof to show others of the creatures' reality perhaps even a punishment for a crime of some sort.

It may not be genuine at all, but if it is, it's amazing.
edit on 9-3-2012 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The bone looks a little too clean, and why they are laying it down on rags?

I don't know about this one, why just a finger that's mummified and not a whole body? Or is this all we get to see? I believe giants existed, we have giants alive today, but this seems too good to be true.

Did you read the article , it is a family heirloom from an Egyption grave robber . The finger was probably rapped up in the cloth . I have to ask why do people discount the giants stories ? They are global and I believe many of the skeletons on you tube about Giants are real . I mean tools have been ound at old mines that only a gant could swing . I for one believe it is real and I also believe the bible when it says they will reappear on earth in the end of days .

They say special forces caught a giant in the caves of Afganistan , it had killed fellow Americans and was eating them when another team showed up looking for the first team.

"They say" Who exactly? Hahhaha. Sounds like the intro of some B war/horror movie, an old military veteran with an ominous voice telling his tale "They say our special forces caught one of these giants in the caves of Afganistan.. And they're right."

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Where did you find the info for the special forces finding a giant in a cave?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
FYI… for everyone who is not familiar with the “BILD newspaper”.
The reputation of this “news” paper is similar to the north American Bull magazine the “National Enquirer”.

A standing joke in germany concerning this paper is the quote: “ mother put child through the meatgrinder, BILD spoke exclusively with the hamburger.

Just thought I will let you all in on this, to make you more familiar with this paper.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
If this was a finger the bone sticking out should not be broken but should be a knuckle.

Sorry I disagree with your reasoning. If it was a middle finger and given the scale of it the proximal phalange would be long enough to have a break in the bone at the length it does before the knuckle.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The giants (Nephilim) were the children of fallen angels and human women, so there are mixed DNA in them. The Bible talks of some being 30 to 40 feet tall, and many were cannibals. They were self willed and very evil and often terrorized humans sharing the planet with them. The book of Enoch tells the story of them in greater detail.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yes i know BILD, it's a tabloid-ish paper but i do think this story deserves attention.
Good find!

Just looking at the image(s) it looks real..of course we cannot exclude a fake/hoax..but even a fake/hoax would need evidence to prove that it's a fake, all right?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here is a pic of some living giants. I think giants are possible. They have been found everywhere as previously stated, they've even been found in nevada!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ok, i need to add more here...

The guy said he paid a grave robber from a "grave-robber family" $300 so he can take the pictures.
The grave robber also provided an x-ray and some kind of "authenticity certificate".

Where it's INTERESTING is if you think about that a grave robber in Egypt has possession of this...what if there is a remote chance this is a GENUINE relict that robber found somewhere in a grave?

Because (well, obviously...) this means there was or still is also a body with it....and that finger IS huge...

Add the fact that there are still wild theories around about the purpose of the pyramids and there are claims there are "caskets" which are actually WAY too big for normal humans.

And as someone somewhat familiar with ancient alien theory etc. and some of those speculations...i think is really interesting

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
I found this:

Other human Fossil finds

A 19'6" human skeleton found in 1577 A.D. under an overturned oak tree in the Canton of Lucerne.

23-foot tall skeleton found in 1456 A.D. beside a river in Valence, France.

A 25' 6 " skeleton found in 1613 A.D. near the castle of Chaumont in France. This was claimed to be a nearly complete find.

A 9' 8" skeleton was excavated from a mound near Brewersville, Indiana (Indianapolis News, Nov 10, 1975).

In 1833 soldiers digging at a pit for a powder magazine in Lompock Rancho, California, discovered a male skeleton 12 feet tall. The skeleton was surrounded by carved shells, stone axes, and blocks of porphyry covered with unintelligible symbols. The skeleton had double rows of upper and lower teeth. These bones substantiated legends by the local Piute Indians regarding giants which they called Si-Te-Cahs.

In Clearwater Minnesota, the skeletons of seven giants were found in mounds. These had receding foreheads and complete double dentition.

Here

I'm at work and don't have anymore lunch available to finish investigating...Good Luck.

there are whole books full of such believable stories and many old news articles printed at the time of the finds, but I can't believe them because, how would they and WHY would they have kept all these hidden all this time, where do they go after they are found? One legit skelly of a Giant could make a person rich.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

I hate to tell you this, but I recognize at least half of those photos as photomanipulation contest entries. I will see if I can find the site again.

Oh it is from here
Fun site to browse through, there are some great photoshop masterpieces there

As for the giant finger, no idea TBH.
edit on Fri, 09 Mar 2012 21:32:32 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
]

there are whole books full of such believable stories and many old news articles printed at the time of the finds, but I can't believe them because, how would they and WHY would they have kept all these hidden all this time, where do they go after they are found? One legit skelly of a Giant could make a person rich.

Well that is the problem; at the time of these alleged discoveries the Church still had great influence and power, a discovery in line with the Bible would be touted not hidden; other nations would have no reason to hide them either. Of course peoples knowledge of human anatomy was limited and in some cases these were discoveries of fossils. It's suspected that the Greeks finding mastodon skulsl and see the large hole in the middle - took them as evidence of giant cyclops. Dinosaur heads show up in greek art too.

edit on 9/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Would be interesting to find the rest of the body.

That looks gruesome.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Probably the best way to determine if something like that is true, is can you find any articles or video's from a source that can be trusted.

The National Enquirer and the Weekly World News are both among the most popular and most subscribed publication on the planet, but the first deals in gossip and the second is an adult comic book that prints fake stories. BILD could be the same. Does it have lots of this type of stuff or is it a reputable news source?

If this is real, it will on credible media all over the world by tomorrow. If not, it's almost certain it's crap.
edit on 3/9/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So there's a finger.....Hmmmm??? If there is a finger, shouldnt there be the rest of the body laying somewhere around where the finger was found? I just dont understand how they just find a finger, and nothing else... Strange nevertheless, I hope it's real, but I have a feeling it's fake....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Id like to think ts real. As a mummified finger its amazing that now we sort of get an Idea of what they look like

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My brother is in school for bio-mechnical prosthesis engineering and has a knack for artistic sculpture. The first thing I thought when I saw this was '****** should make something like that. People wouldn't have a clue if it was really real or not.'

I'm betting this is a [very well made] sculpture. Especially since it's got a 'bone' that appears to be resin-fill and has a blurry shot of what's suppose to be X-rays. If it were real, those documents would all be in .pdf files at a minimum.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Good point. That would not be very hard to fake in fact.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
When it comes to 'finding' stuff, ancient, or otherwise, context is EVERYTHING.

Where was this found? was it found on a table in a back alley with some street kids selling unicorn horns, and dragon teeth? Was there anything else found with this? or was it sitting on a pedestal or a box in a temple worshiped or adored by priests similar to the bigfoot finger story?

Ah, wait, this finger supposedly belonged to an old man that belonged to a family of grave robbers? Great.
Best bet is we'll never see any more about this.
Grave robbers? Yeah. Good luck with that.

It's displayed on a rag, sitting on a couch that may as well be a rag as well.

The bones in this finger are just the phalanges. The last bit sticking out doesn't really look broken but properly curved and smooth to fit with the metacarpal bone or knuckle.

Could be real. Could be fake. Grave robbers as a source? *shakes head*

edit on 9-3-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

great points and thanks for the new desktop backround!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join