It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Corps New Recruiting Ads. ( Shifting Focus)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
.... did you just call him sir? HE WORKS FOR A LIVING!

/I kid, I kid. but I agree, the silent drill teams are mesmerizing.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I call BS to the "Leave no man behind" B.S.

Well in my unit we left no man behind.

All the Military Men on this site say this line, some may believe it.

We say it because it's true. If you have never served then that is one issue you cannot understand so I do not expect you to try.

They also profess their undying love for Israel, and when I bring up the men of the USS Liberty,

And where do you see this in this thread. In case you didn't read the OP, it is about the changes in the Marine Corps recruiting program, not about the military members of this site and your opinion of them.

You Jarheads left men behind like they are a embarrasment to you, the men of the Liberty.

I personally don't know a whole lot about that incident so I will not debate that with you, besides that's not what this thread is about. Do you have anything constructive to add?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

You Jarheads left men behind like they are a embarrassment to you, the men of the Liberty.

With all due respect no one serving today left anyone on the Liberty. It was a horrible tragedy and an old one.

Certainly no one serving today had anything to do with the decisions; be they political, strategic or tactical ones made at the time.

Sometimes in war mistakes are made - best to get over them as they will eat you alive from the inside out; that goes for a man, a nation, or a people. Learn from them sure - but get over them we must.

I appeal to your honor to not derail this thread, which is about recruiting commercials not past injustice.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
worked with retired USMC in 2000.

Best soldiers I met from foreign countries - and i don't mean best trained - i mean good, honest, caring people

I will give you one example - big summer fire, our troops got orders to help firemen (btw. we do not have lots of equipment so it's pretty dangerous) - first one to engage - retired marine in his 50's ordering his mates to follow him

They did not have to do that, they could drink beer in air-conditioned office, they have 50 years, they are thousands miles away from home - but they were first to engage fire to help people

so BIG
for USMC

stay well my friends and good luck wherever you are in the world right now
you don't get raise for a job well done but in your heart you know you did a good thing

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Best recruiting ad EVER!!!
And of course it's Navy!

NAVY!!
edit on 3/14/2012 by SmokeyDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Here's one for you guys.
I'm a Marine in a different uniform. (USMC '06-'11, AF '11-present)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I am glad to see they are trying to show the other side of most Marines I have known. My family history with the Marine Corps goes back a century, and have all been noble, intelligent, strong, courageous & no-nonsense men. There is a lot of misinformation about them (moreso in the different branches lol). My cousin suffers from PTSD (among other things) mostly because his first deployment was to the Philippines after the mudslide around 06' I think, and he was part of removing the 2000 dead bodies... many children
So yes they certainly help in disaster relief. & not cold blooded.

Now the military as a whole, the way they "train" their soldiers, what these new recruits will be commanded to do... yeah not feeling that so much :/

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Always my favorite right here.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

That video almost made me piss myself. Air force in better shape than Marines, Hah. Now that's just funny. Now I'm not knockin the Air Force but I would like to see that guy spend one week in the Fleet Marine Force. Anyone who's been in the suck knows that it is no joke.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Funny thing is that like 25%-50% of my unit is made up of former Marines.

And I've known some Airmen that are without a doubt tough enough to be a Marine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join