It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tweet and big bro is seeing it too

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
yep the days of free speech and sending what you think are no longer, tweet one or more of 500 words, they will get flagged. Then your flagged and tagged by DHS www.cnn.com... from the link

There were once seven words you couldn't say on television, as the late comedy icon George Carlin famously lampooned 40 years ago.

Now it appears there are more than 500 words you shouldn't say on Twitter or Facebook unless you want to be flagged by the Department of Homeland Security. There is a surveillance program the agency quietly began in February 2011 to monitor social media, according to the Electronic Privacy Information Center.
Mods if this be not the place, move it too the right place
edit on 9-3-2012 by bekod because: editing

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
And this surprises who?
We all knew they were doing it for years no matter when they fessed up to it. The sad thing is it just keeps getting worse and no one will ever do anything about it. thanks for the post as it might be news for someone.

If your american and not on a list somewhere you're just lazy!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This would be an easy issue to fix if congress wanted to fix it and still maintain rights to Free Speech. All they would have to do is amend the multiple security acts to limit any prosecution to terrorism related offenses.

I for one, believe that monitoring is probably necessary because believe it or not, there are people who want to kill us and destroy us. However, as in every law passed, someone wants to push the law as far as they can and use it in ways which were not meant when passed. We now have people in Washington using the Bill of Rights against us. It is the same with all laws. The National Security Act was meant to protect us from terrorism. Limit it to that. Congress could define both domestic and international terrorism and limit prosecution from domestic surveillance to only those offenses. However, as we can clearly see, they want to monitor everything we do.

I am afraid. I am very very afraid.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I just wonder what those 50 words are?

Seems like a lot. 50.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Yup, has been going on for a long time. That's like when I hear people talk on here about Anonymous being on facebook and twitter even this site I just start cracking up laughing. There all posers. The real guys know what the hell there doing and you guys will never hear from them.

They use their puppets to spread the messages. Like I said anyone that claims they are in annonymous is a delusional poser.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is just like 1984, not so much in the big brother monitoring method but how people flock to Facebook and twitter to sign up for tracking and how they love it. By using those sites you are really doing 90% of all the tracking for them. If you use facebook and twitter you are part of the brainwashed masses, accept it. Don't kid yourself by saying something stupid like "i only use it for..."- face it, you are one of the robot people who started doing it just because everyone else was.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If you post it, anyone can see it anyway?..
It's a bit like complaining because the FBI can see your Facebook posts or something..

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MoosKept240

you might want to take an other look it is not 50 but 500 from my post

Now it appears there are more than 500 words you shouldn't say on Twitter or Facebook unless you want to be flagged by the Department of Homeland Security.
so if you use "it is the Bomb" or "this is going to Kill you" or other type of comments as to describe a move or drink or a joke think twice before posting er tweeting it... tweet tweet said the bird boom boom went the man with the gun

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AKindChap

well you neighbor .. or never mind he/she can now throw you in jail too , just by saying i think he/ she is....

top topics

join