It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones finally begins to cover his views on the Kony 2012 movement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Ooh...good work there. Thanks for the links.
I was wondering about all of that. Interesting too that just recently
Rush had to call the enforcement to his house....was that a bomb threat?

Who knows these days what is real, and what is cover.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I chose to edit my previous post BTS
the article I replaced it with looks like the source for the one I'm replacing
and goes condiderably further down the rabbit hole re who owned /owns limpy and beck et al

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Got it... and very good point about AJ and the money.
He does work hard...and does not have a lot of advertisement
money.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WillowToadie
Whining ?? As far I have understood it, he is asking for more donations only to improve show, write more books etc. He has never complains about his life, as far as I know it.

First day here? From what you are saying, you don't know a whole lot
:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

What are you on about?

With the help of Facebook and Twitter, Jason Russell's documentary has even captured the attention of celebrities including Ryan Gosling, Rihanna, Oprah and Justin Bieber.

It's viral and it's real.

Just because something goes "viral" does not mean it's "real." And, truthfully, the fact that the likes of Justin Beiber and Rihanna are promoting it not only makes it even LESS real, it brings a cloud of suspicion over the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Alex Jones is a human being too you know, he might rush to conclusions, he might be right, or wrong, he might change his views based on further understanding... ...and he may even take the time to study a topic before saying anything about it as any reporter might do

Alex Jones has to exist because he helps "the powers that be" promote public opinion that conspiracy theorists are loons.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Alex Jones is corrupt.

Talk about trendies...he is the trediest conspiracy theorist there is! You don't think he is a misinformation agent? He didn't even research the people that made this film! He's blaming the US government for creating this movement, when in FACT Jason Russell is a USC graduate here in LA...friend of a friend, good guy...and has created this from the ground up.

As soon as it went viral...Alex is on the attack, acting like he knows what he is talking about. Did it ever occur that this "KONY" video is getting WAAAAAYYYY MORE SUPPORT than OUR GOVERNMENTS campaign to invade syria...or Iran??? The public is NOT BACKING SYRIA or IRAN wars.

The public IS BACKING KONY MOVEMENT...and TPTB are PISSED! So here comes the attackers, and misinformation agents.

Thats whats really going on! Research who made the Kony film....Jason Russell. He went to USC with my director friend Jon Chu (directed Step Up 2 and 3, GI Joe 2 etc..) NORMAL, successful, free from government ties! They had a voice...they used it.

WAKE UP.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Another bash Alex Jones infested thread
With naff all to back up the shallow defamations

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Alex Jones is called a psychopath. Psychopathy seems to be inborn,

How do we know? Regular people respond very well to treatment and rehabilitation

Psychopaths on the other hand use treatment and rehabilitation as an opportunity to suss people out better and actually copy the methods of the people "rehabilitating" them to learn how to better manipulate others

Some people draw a distinction between those who are "inborn" (true) psychopaths and those who are a product of society, sociopaths. Although there are other definitions.

I had to quote this because it actually made me laugh. You are suggesting that a person that is resourceful and adaptive (the basis of survival-inborn qualities of a human being) is a "psychopath" and a person that allows themself to be a spineless victim is a "sociopath".

I understand about the not taking the lesson when its given thing, totally (not properly using/respecting the rehabilitation). But your argument is flawed.

A metaphor for this would be a group of people is beating a defensless man:

-The sociopath would join in on the kicking because its what everyone else is doing and he sees what happens to the guy that doesnt do that.

-The psychopath, according to your definition, would be allowed to get up and join in on kicking a new person as long as they submitted. Instead, by your definition, he learns that behavior and tries to enact change on the kicking group. (I say change because he could attack the group, logically talk them out of beating the new victim, etc)

Who would you want on your team if you were the new guy getting kicked?

Conscious logic. And yes there really are people that exist that feel this way (people are disposable, ants, etc). Its both scary and sad-not saying it about the dude I quoted, he probably doesnt realize what he/she is saying.

edit on 9-3-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Alex Jones is the one who first awoke me. Give him credits for that, he's doing a lot of good waking up people. Though we have to admit: Alex Jones is a shady character. He does seem to have an agenda, as the potential recent ties to Stratfor has been revealed. I mean, with his popularity, I wouldn't doubt he could be used with or without his consent to further a certain agenda.

But who cares about Alex Jones eh? This thread is about the Kony2012 documentary.

It looks pretty evident that the people behind this documentary (George Soros...wth?) have a kind of agenda, especially since they expect to receive lots of money through it. This organisation is known for massively donating money to Uganda's Army. They're not really better than the rebel army, just under a different faction. Uganda's government is also known for being massively corrupted.

As some pointed out, what a wonderful way to use the anti-war people of our countries...to fund a never ending war. Best/worst case scenario, they get Kony and somebody else takes his place.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

What are you on about?

With the help of Facebook and Twitter, Jason Russell's documentary has even captured the attention of celebrities including Ryan Gosling, Rihanna, Oprah and Justin Bieber.

It's viral and it's real.

Yet this is something that has been covered by news even decade(s) ago, but yet no one cared then.
It is also nothing compared to what is happening otherwise in that country and many others.

But i guess the sheep needs to be brainwashed by a "documentary" with emotional music added to be able to care about anything.

I think i agree with alex jones on this one.. This was made viral so that they get the support to invade even more countries.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

I saw this video like over an hour ago and the counter is still at 305 views whilst the likes are 1,382.If Youtube is capable of pulling that kind of shennanigans, what makes you guys think that they aren't capable of doing the exact opposite?

Just the other day, I was looking at at an ad in a city magazine that said something like 10,000 youtube views for $100. Who are these people who are now selling Youtube Hits for cash? Also, If Youtube is capable of supressing realtime counter views when it wants to and when it deems somebody a threat to them, then whose to say they also already made up their mind whose worth rigging views for too?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I agree with you and others. Another day same old #, as the US "advances its national interests" (we all know what that means) around the world. Africa be warned. Team America "# yeah"is on its way..
I like AJ. Whether right or wrong, shill or not he makes an impact and wakes up the sleeping masses with a kick up the backside. And we need that.
I say AJ for pres....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I wonder how many auto personas the government threw into facebook to get this movement cracking.

For anyone who doesn't know check out this post. The link on the post seems to not work anymore(not surprising) but the first 2 posts pretty much sum it up perfectly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh wait i found afew

www.thetechherald.com...

reedperry.com...
edit on 9-3-2012 by vaelamin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Does anyone want to discuss the content of what is being said, or is this just going to be a bitch and moan session about Alex Jones?

Some of the people here just amaze me. Many of us agree that FOX News, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC are all a tool. They all spin stories to cast the establishment in a more favorable light. Many of us agree that they sensationalize stories in order to increase their ratings and get more advertising money.Some of us have went as far as saying the MSM lies to us and is nothing more than a propaganda tool. Yet when these outlets report news, we link to it and consider them to be credible sources. When we do link stories from these outlets, we spend a lot of time actually discussing what the new is that is being reported.

Why is Alex Jones held to a different standard. Most of us agree he sensationalizes things. Many of us agree he spins stories in a certain light, adding a conspiratorial view, which also helps target an audience for his advertisers. Yet anytime we link something that comes from Alex, we usually do not even discuss the content. Instead we get page after page of "Shill", "Fearmonger", "I dont like him" and a lot of blah blah blah. Yet no one discusses what is being reported.

This really makes no sense to me at all. For people who are supposed to have an interest in truth, it sure does not appear so.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Does anyone want to discuss the content of what is being said, or is this just going to be a bitch and moan session about Alex Jones?

Some of the people here just amaze me. Many of us agree that FOX News, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC are all a tool. They all spin stories to cast the establishment in a more favorable light. Many of us agree that they sensationalize stories in order to increase their ratings and get more advertising money.Some of us have went as far as saying the MSM lies to us and is nothing more than a propaganda tool. Yet when these outlets report news, we link to it and consider them to be credible sources. When we do link stories from these outlets, we spend a lot of time actually discussing what the new is that is being reported.

Why is Alex Jones held to a different standard. Most of us agree he sensationalizes things. Many of us agree he spins stories in a certain light, adding a conspiratorial view, which also helps target an audience for his advertisers. Yet anytime we link something that comes from Alex, we usually do not even discuss the content. Instead we get page after page of "Shill", "Fearmonger", "I dont like him" and a lot of blah blah blah. Yet no one discusses what is being reported.

This really makes no sense to me at all. For people who are supposed to have an interest in truth, it sure does not appear so.

Thats just it. The people start the namecalling and the whole topic gets off track and resources are lost. I think some of them intentionally do it, but the others that are causing the distraction are indoctrinated into it, or dont even realize what they are arguing (im guilty of this). If your family and parents are racist, you are going to be more likely to be racist. People who are sheep (on all levels) I imagine are told AJ sucks this and that, given a few talking points, and may even listen to a few of his broadcasts. They regurgitate this in threads like this, and end up spreading info they are not really educated on, unknowingly. Then you have the few that really do argue against him and are not part of the "game". These people have valid opinions, and are probably where the others built their talking points from.

I havent heard of many people (or anyone for that matter-im sure they exist though) that have been like "I listened to AJ for years but its all BS so I stopped listening". How many of these people are there? Not many. Most take a break from the show and come back when things heat up again, much like a sporting team. But like I said, you hardly see any of the long time listeners suddenly up and stopping listening. That right there is an indicator that the critics may not know what they are talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join