It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ok recently, one of the groups of friends i hang out with has sort of disintegrated, so i migrated to some of my other groups of friends while the other regroups
. The first thing i did was go to a friends birthday party, and me and a few friends got really stoned/drunk. my first time being stoned too, anyway. Two friends of mine who don't really know eachother, got to kissing and cuddling a little, but then my friend left with me instead of staying with the girl.

Over the next week they decided not to take it any further because they were just drunk and didn't know what they were doing. Then they decided to stay friends and talked a lot for a week or so more. Then one day my friend asked me if i was interested in this girl, and i said i wasn't, because i really wasn't at the time. But it got me thinking... i had recently been metaphorically(sp?) kicked in the nuts by another girl i was interested in, and i started to think about this girl. Then we went out in a group one night and i started to like her a lot more. After a few days i asked my friend why he asked me that question. He said it was because he got the impression that she was interested in me, and from the night i went out with a group of friends i got a hint of it too, but i wasnt so sure because as in my last post i don't have a clue about flirting or anything like that.

We wen't out as a group again and it was good fun but i got a little tipsy and made a fool of my self, but she said she didn't notice. Now we are better friends too and she doesn't talk to my friend much or at all. Then last week we wen't out to a carnival as a big group of friends again and we walked away from the group and went on most of the rides just me and her, and had a good time. Now just about all of my/her friends have geussed that im interested. Its our last week of high school but that won't be the end of our friendships, so its not like its my last chance. I want to ask her out or at least tell her how i feel, but i really hate the awkwardness that will spring from a no. And if she says yes or feels the same, it would be great, but then in two months i am going to visit my mum in toronto for about two months, (i live in australia) and i think its unfair to make her wait two months, but if we use these two months before i go to build a good relationship, maybe she will wait for me?

any thoughts? do you think she seems interested? do you think i should say something before i go? or wait until afterwards and risk that she finds somebody else...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
anybody at all? Now again the other night, she invited me to an exhibit of some of her work at her school, and i was the only person besides her best friend to go, so that was cool too. She also wants to take a two day trip somewhere with me and some friends, but im the only one she has told and we only have a week left to organise.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Dude just tell her how you feel but let her know you'll be away for a while and see how it goes... dont get too serious before you leave, but make sure you let her know your feelings so she can wait if she is interested as well... this could get sticky but good luck

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
yeh thats what i was leaning to, but my friends think thats the easy way out, to tell her and then leave. Hmmmm maybe ill only stay for a month if she feels the same

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
How long did you say it was untill you go?

I think telling her now is the best option, if you dont she may find someone else or lose interest herself while your gone coz she may think you dont like her.

And also out of curiousity where in AUs are you?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
sydney, inner west.

i leave in around two months. in early december.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm sydney outer wet.

Let her know ASAP, then you have time to let the relationship grow, but like i said avoid getting too close, coz two months apart can change alot of things

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
hmmm, its still a toss up, there are good points about both... argh. i think ill tell her after we go to dinner as a group on friday night... but whats the next best way after in person?
im sooooo shy :/

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
and she just asked me a few minutes ago if i want to hang out tonight to celebrate like, graduating or whatever
sounds good!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Fight the shyness.... chicks like confident guy. You said you've hung out with her before seperate from the group right? Well get comfortable being around her and see if you cant get some time alone and just bring it up casually but confidently... if that is really a big problem (the confidence thing) do it on the phone... but i would have to say in person is definately the best way...

I know what its like to be shy, i was shy once too... you just gotta battle it and realise that confidence gets you everywhere (i'm still kinda shy but i can hide it most of the time).

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
yeah, i try to do that most of the time. but you know that feeling when your around somebody you like heaps, you don't want to ruin the moment...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Yeah i know the one,

Dude i fell for my best friend, i let her know and we're slowly working on a relationship... so i know what its like not to want to ruin a momet or a friendship... but hey just be yourself and make it sound natural not forced and you'll be sweet... and if she stops being your friend because you like her... then she'snot a real friend anyways

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
yeh, its unlikely she would stop being my friend, shes a really cool person.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
you got nothing to lose then!

If you lose interest be sure to send her my way... she sound pretty nice j/k

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
hahaha, im not gonna lose interest any time soon! lol, we are going out tonight to celebrate the end of high school
i dunno whos comming but it seems like just me her and an 18 y/o(girl)

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
wow send the other one my way then... dont be greedy! nah just kiddin' i got a fsh to fry as it is... maybe you could get them both happening!!!

Anyways man i'm off for the night... good luck with it all

Let me know how you go

top topics

join