It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Detention Prevention plan to Gov, protects State's Residents from Extra-Constitutional Arr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

A legislative plan that would protect Virginia residents from the warrantless detention many critics have charged is contained in a federal budget plan has been adopted by the legislature and forwarded to the governor.

“By overwhelming votes (37-1 and 96-4), members of both houses of the Virginia General Assembly now have expressed themselves in their unmistakable understanding of the inviolate protections of our civil rights under the constitutions of the United States and Virginia,” said state Delegate Bob Marshall, the sponsor of the bill. “I urge Gov. [Bob] McDonnell to acknowledge this outpouring of grassroots and legislation support of HB 1160, and I urge him to add his signature to this vital protection of our sacred liberties as citizens of Virginia and the nation,” he said.

The target of the state plan is the National Defense Authorization Act for 2012, which was signed by Obama Dec. 31. 2011. Among its sections is 1021, “which purports to authorize the president of the United States to use the armed forces of the United States to detain American citizens who the president suspects are or have been substantial supports of al-Qaida, the Taliban, or associated forces, and to hold such citizens indefinitely,” according to an analysis of the federal law.

“The writ of Habeas Corpus in our Constitution (Article 1, Section 9) is what separates America from dictatorships around the world. Giving anyone the unfettered power to ‘detain’ American citizens without trial, counsel, specific charges, or a public record of such proceedings is unwise, imprudent and at fundamental odds with the assumptions of our government and legal traditions,” Marshall explained.

Source: www.wnd.com...

People, WAKE UP-if you haven't already. Your individual freedoms IN AMERICA are under constant assualt-since OBAMA has been POTUS. Can't you feel the fingers of tyranny gripping your country's throat!!!?

I put this in the Political Madness Forum as this is just crazy when States have to pass laws to protect it's citizens from what it preceives as a Threat from the Federal Gov't. Now that is Political Madness-at it's finest.

I hope other states soon follow with victories to demostate and document the strenght of the oppostion to Mr. Obama and Friends taking OUR CIVAL Liberties away.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
wow
my wish came true

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

My state recently pasted a bill that now allows you to actually defend yourself/fear based etc.

Prior, you had to make ever reasonable attempt to flee etc.

Now, Oh, you're breaking in my door. Bamb, Bamb, Bamb.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have to admit that I am very surprised by the lack of respondes.

Makes me think folks haven't a clue as to what is happening around them and this Gov't.

Maybe the FEMA Camps/body bags/plastic coffins and centers are starting to make more sense then ever before.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I hear ya man ..
you might be in the state of Florida with those kinda laws...

This dood's threadATS thread a few weeks ago
got my attention.

Then I contacted my senator...
Had never done that before...
and some thing turned out for the better...

new topics

top topics

join