It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Women please answer this honestly.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I did not realize ambition meant striving for money at some job...

Obviously you have none...lol

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimithae
reply to post by Alyssa

No since I don't date anymore.Gave up on relationships.So therefore it wouldn't matter to me what kind of person they were or how much money they make etc. Just no.

Kind of sad.
That's like giving up on food because you hate spinach.
Just eat what you like.

Although it doesn't take too many broken hearts before we all realize why cupid has that arrow..love is an interactive pastime, some might say a sport. Breaking up is like picking off a scab. But it fades and new blood is drawn somewhere else...ow. These days I wish people health and happiness but not love. Love doesn't always work out.

A. You give of yourself when you are in love.
B. When someone loves you - you get.

The trick is to find B with enough A to make it doable.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Yes, as a man with good male credentials, married for over one half my life. I have had the pleasure of being with many women in my life, from young to old, ugly to beautiful, skinny to fat, big and little breasts. To me, all women are representatives of the Divine Mother, and woman are to be cherished, honored, and loved. True beauty is found only within, never without.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
Men: Would you date/have sex with a woman if her face was VERY deformed and/or burnt. Let's add that she had a nice body, great job and she wasn't shallow about your flaws?

Yeah, probably.

I will add one thing, though. I don't care if my lover has a "great job" or not. In fact, I prefer to pay for everything for both of us, in every relationship I'm in. Call me old-fashioned, but that's always been the way it works best for me, personally.
edit on 3/9/12 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

No I would not date a man 5' 5" tall....I am 5'11" tall and I only date men my height or taller.

I am curious...why did you ask these questions?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I know, it is an unusual set of questions, isn't it?

Now I'm curious about the backstory here, too.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yikes, double post, sorry. Haven't had one of those in a while...
edit on 3/9/12 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
Men: Would you date/have sex with a woman if her face was VERY deformed and/or burnt. Let's add that she had a nice body, great job and she wasn't shallow about your flaws?

I didn't have a problem until the bold. I need a strong woman. Not one that won't challenge me.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

It's what you put in bold that sold me. I don't like shallow women. In order for a woman to get me, she has to "get me" on a deeper level. That's just where I am I guess.

If she's capable of understanding me on the inside, I don't care much what she looks like on the outside. It's been my experience that these types of women are rare. Very rare. Maybe I've been with the wrong crowds of people most of my life or maybe I set my standards too high, but if you test a woman and she's able to see you for who you really are and accepts that, no matter what YOU look like, return the favor and keep her warm at night. If that's what she wants from you.She's earned it just by being the type of person she is.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I was going to reply honestly, but after reading most of the reply's id rather not. No one cares if some guy will date a deformed woman or no one cares if a beautiful woman will date a un-employed small man.

This thread just reminds me, how shallow society still is as a whole.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I dated a musician once who was 5.5" (I'm 5.6", so we were almost the same height), very cute (looked like a combination of a very young Mel Gibson and Roger Daltry from The Who), well-built, and always broke. He was hilarious - made me laugh all the time. All he wanted to do was bang on the drums all day - not extremely motivated. That relationship lasted about a year and a half. It ended because he moved to another state, and long-distance relationships tend to fade away after a while.

The man I married is very handsome, very tall (6.3"), a little on the lean and lanky side. He is extremely intelligent (PhD in Chemistry), but was completely broke when I married him (he's not broke now). He's definitely more motivated than the musician was. The reason why I married him was NOT because of his looks, or his PhD, or his motivation. I married him because we had an strong connection from the first time we met. I don't really know how to describe that connection, but it wasn't physical. I guess we saw so many things in the same light. We had so much in common - our thoughts on all the big issues, our backgrounds - we seemed to be two halves of a whole. On our first date, we spent hours talking about all the things you're not really supposed to talk about on first dates (religion, politics, etc.).

If the purpose of your thread is to prove that people are only attracted to others based on looks or ambition or money, it's not workin' on this girl.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You asked for honesty
My reply to the question for males is No

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This whole thread is shallow. By basing the question around a woman's face and a man's earning potential, you illustrate our society's attitudes toward the genders: that men are only good for making money, and women are only good for their sexual appeal. Gross.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Male here.....NO WAY.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rodredux

Seems to be the case, more often than not if you're a man that makes good money, you're with women who are very attractive. If you're a woman who is very attractive you're with a man who makes a lot of money......try and deny it if you want, but that's the world we live in.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I see what you are saying and I agree. Maybe I didn't understand what, "and she wasn't shallow about your flaws" means. That's pretty open to interpretation. I just mean that I need a strong woman.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I would not be with someone who was only interested in me because I was tall and had money. And if i was a woman, I'd have nothing to do with a guy who was only interested in my face and my bazoongas. I want to be appreciated for who I am, not what I have, or what I look like, because those things are transitory.You're not going to be 25 years old your whole life. This is why the divorce rate is over 50% now.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Same here. I'm going through some changes right now and I need a woman who is as strong minded as I am. Maybe not in the same ways I am just.......strong willed.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Wow, wish I was young and single again, LOL (JK) Never been told that my being strong willed was a good thing!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Alyssa

To me, all women are representatives of the Divine Mother, and woman are to be cherished, honored, and loved.

Sarcasm?

A friendly advice, don't spoil your women.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join