It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Women please answer this honestly.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Men: Would you date/have sex with a woman if her face was VERY deformed and/or burnt. Let's add that she had a nice body, great job and she wasn't shallow about your flaws?

Women: Would you date/ have sex with a man if he was charming, handsome face, great abs, strong minded, but was VERY short as in 5'5, broke because of medical issues and lacked ambition to move up in the job world?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I will speak for both men and women in saying, "NO"

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
i just had an on line fight with my short broke cute girlfriend last nite,so i don't think i have the authority to answer this! by the way,im charming,short,excellent body,and broke also,but i don't think i'll be getting sex for a bit now!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

If I was in the dating game, 5'5 is taller than me so it would'nt bother me. As for medical issues, depends how serious it is - I would'nt step in to a serious relationship with view to marriage with someone who has ongoing medical bills, that would be financial suicide at this point in my life. I also would'nt date a man who has no ambition!
edit on 9-3-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

lacked ambition to move up in the job world?

This would be the biggest turn off for me. So I would say no. Regardless of what I contribute to the relationship financially, a woman wants her mate to be motivated to provide as well. It doesn't matter who makes more money, it's the willing contribution that counts.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

the question was not about relasionship they said sex

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
i dont know... depends on the personality and sense of humour... 5'5 is somewhat shorter than me (me is 5'11), and i cant say im a fan of sleeping with men who are shorter than me...but then again if we have some sort of connection or something then i might change my mind and have done so in the past....

lacked ambition to move up in the job world?

this would put me off slightly... as i think peeps should try no matter what it takes.... if at first u dont succeed, try, try again...!
broke doesnt bother me, as im broke myself lol
and im very happy with my partner of over a year, we both have little monies, but we're happy and it works....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The problem with most peoples attitude towards someone who is disabled or born deformed is now days its about looks the old fashioned way of caring for someone regardless of looks is a thing of the past.
My answer is dependent upon if the women is true in heart and if a connection is made, not solely looks because when your 70 years old u better truly love that person knowing as we all get older the looks go quickly, and usually someone who worries to much about appearance only misses the chance for true love and instead gets someone who is hideous on the inside but good looking on the outside.

On a personal note we all have flaws and yes some peoples are on the outside but in my case u can't see my cancer from the outside.The fact that our life due to my disabilities isn't much of a life at all doesn't effect my wife or kids and they remind me constantly that no matter what happens they will be by my side thru it all, that is true love in my book and even tho my deformity is on the inside its affected my appearance and ability to be normal so its not far from being disfigured or physically maimed.
Sorry if I'm a little off topic just wanted to share why I feel that way.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
What is the point of "ambition"? Seriously, why bother to accumulate material stuff that you can never really "own"? Why not be ambitious to enjoy life, and smell the roses? Why slave 80 hours a week only to lose it all to inflation and taxes? Why bust your hump just to have leeches siphon it off from you? Why go through all the bs just to support those who will not work? My ambition is to seize every day and do the things I never got to do when I worked all the time.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I don't think someone who is 'strong minded' would lack ambition to move up in the world, unless you meant 'opinionated'. Having been in a 8 year relationship with someone very similar to what you described, minus the 'strong minded' bit, I'd have to say NO, never again. As a strong, independent, opinionated woman, I need someone who would be able 'stand up to me' so to speak, if he couldn't, I would walk all over him and lose any and all respect for him, in that case I would rather be single. Happily the man I am in a relationship with atm, takes no sh#t from me and we've been deliriously happy for the last 4 years

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Apart from the lack of ambition thing that sound's like my fella. He has faltered in the past due to his old relationship breakdown, but that's completely understandable when you've lost absolutely everything you worked for. Plus MS gives him a fair amount of aggro. He's my darlin' though.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Why dose the women have to be deformed / burnt Vs the man just being lazy?

Both questions fit both gender of human.

Love will overcome anything.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

i totally agree with you! i own all my stuff outrite,and i've accumulated all of it without having to kill myself at a job!

no i'm not a theif!!!
not wanting anything i don't need helps. the other stuff follows!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I would say yes to all about the man, but I'm not sure I understand the lack of ambition part. Here's how I feel about it. If he is doing something he likes, works hard but doesn't care to become the boss, I don't care. He is contributing and happy, which means I will be happy. I don't need a lot of money. Keep the roof over my head and my car running so I can get to work too and treat me great. I'm happy!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I married a handsome man who worked in a record store and didn't have money. Money is nice, but can it buy you a good relationship, inner peace, and real happiness?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
Women: Would you date/ have sex with a man if he was charming, handsome face, great abs, strong minded, but was VERY short as in 5'5, broke because of medical issues and lacked ambition to move up in the job world?

Not enough information to decide. Does this mean that this man's ambition is lacking in all respects or just in the job world? If only in the job world, then it would not be a "no go". If, on the other hand, he has no ambition at all then yes, definitely a "no go". Why would anyone date a man with zero ambition for anything?

ETA: It would be interesting to know the ages of the posters that respond. I have a feeling that the more "established"
a person is, the more the lack of ambition in the job world would be a factor to them.

Oh, and by the way, the other attributes mean nothing.
edit on 9/3/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Men: Would you date/have sex with a woman if her face was VERY deformed and/or burnt. Let's add that she had a nice body, great job and she wasn't shallow about your flaws?

I guess it depends on how we met. If it was in person, the physical aspect would probably shut me off. But if we met, say online, and talked and got to know each other over a period of time, I could work past the deformity if I found myself falling in love with the personality.

Not all guys are shallow pigs.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

No since I don't date anymore.Gave up on relationships.So therefore it wouldn't matter to me what kind of person they were or how much money they make etc. Just no.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I'll answer for the shallow, vapid and insipid..."no."

If you love someone enough they ARE beautiful. It is as simple as that - so definitely, yes.
When making love people, unless they're the same height, you don't see their face too much anyway, It's a belly, boob, butt, world and ideally a wonderland but, like a landscape it becomes a place instead of a picture and that makes it negotiable. If it makes you uncomfortable, why look at imperfections? That is not love. I know many people who envision someone else in bed anyway so it hardly matters except to the vain, trophy collectors. Love is found where it lays waiting. You can take it or leave it - but remember we only live once.

edit on 9-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
reply to post by Jerisa

the question was not about relasionship they said sex

I have to be in a relationship to have sex, I am not a "one night stand " kinda girl.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join