It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does your State Rate on 2nd Amendment? (They are trying hard to get your guns!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The Brady bunch has released its annual scorecard rating states based on how strict their gun laws are. The scorecard is a very useful tool to help rights groups understand how their state compares to others on a liberty scale; more points = less liberty.

Alaska, Arizona and Utah have all achieved the coveted Zero Points/Zero Stars on the Brady scale and are now competing to see which state will be the first into negative numbers – which is possible through bonus points. Arizona and Alaska can reach a -2 point score by protecting carry rights on campuses of state colleges and universities. Utah already has such protections, but could achieve a -2 score by adopting constitutional (permitless) concealed carry as Alaska and Arizona have. Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Montana, North Dakota and Oklahoma all came in with just 2 points apiece and all have a real shot at beating the leaders into negative numbers with the right combination of reforms.

The Brady Center released this latest scorecard with much hoopla and heavy breathing, but their own data clearly shows that there is no correlation between gun control and criminal violence. Crime statistics vary widely – from high to virtually non-existent among the 40 or so states Brady ranks as “poor,” while several of the Brady’s highest ranked states have some of the highest rates of violent crime

As a matter of fact, a full 25 percent of all violent crime in the U.S. occurs in the Brady’s top four states with the most severe firearms restrictions. Of course the Brady bunch and its political allies argue that the tight restrictions are a response to the high crime, but most of the restrictions have been in place for years, if not decades, and they have proven to be completely ineffective at reducing criminal violence.

History and an endless array of scientific studies – and the Brady’s own simplistic scorecards – prove that gun control laws do not save lives, do not reduce crime and do not “protect the children,” despite the hoplophobic rantings of the Brady bunch and its so-called Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

Article Link: www.wnd.com...
Link to DETAILED Rating Guide: www.bradycampaign.org...

So, even though the Brady Bunch Advocacy Group's own numbers indicate what they are trying to do... does NOT help. But yet they try.

They try around the country to restrict/amend/change and/or bannish your right to arm and protect yourself & Family.

Remember this at the end of the day, please:

There are a lot of bad people in this world. The only person/group/agency/ etc etc that can have a chance to protect you & your family 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That is YOU.

So, how does your State Rate? be sure to check out the individual states by selecting it. Look at all the details and data. VERY Interesting and USEFUL. To defeat your enemy you must know your enemy....

Thoughts...

edit on 3/9/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
6 points too many.

Brady is losing ground year after year while gun sales surge year after year.

And they're broke as hell: www.opensecrets.org...

They've become the AMC Gremlin of causes. Useless, tiny, crappy and prone to flaming outbursts.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Agreed ...
they should just stop with this Nonsense ....

record sales of firearms this year...
so much hardware on the streets people can arm their neighbors if need be

Brady needs to go find a new hobby

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
25 out of 100. Thats 25 too many. In my opinion, any firearm law is an infringment on the second amendment. What I love best about the Second Ammendment, It protects itself. Semper FI.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
2 points here. I'm fortunate enough to live in a state that somewhat understands "shall not be infringed".

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Missouri - 4 points total.

Employers not forced to allow firearms in parking lots - while I love the 2nd Amendment; private property is just that - private. A business owner should be able to do as he pleases. Personally, I want my few employees armed - the more the better.

Colleges are not forced to allow firearms on campus - again for a private school; should be up to the institution. However, State schools - should not be infringed.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Lol, they can only get you guns if you give them to them. Just tell them where to go and stat I have the right to bear arms to stop a fascist tyranical government.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
0. And headed to the negatives soon hopefully!

2nd
edit on 9-3-2012 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
you might have the right to carry but when there is no ammo, (yep the run is on again) remember the 2008 ammo shortage, well this year seems to be the worst yet for ammo, what is on the self is all there is, when the dealer/ manufacture say out of stock, they mean no more being made, so you better start marking your own.
What does this mean? it means the iron on your hip or in your holster is nothing more than a paper weight

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

What does this mean? it means the iron on your hip or in your holster is nothing more than a paper weight

I got about 10k rounds or so on hand for my guns - I'm set for a while... Only thing I feel I don't have enough of is 7.62.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Just to add my two cents ... her in Tennessee where I'm at just the other ay i was in one of our walmarts and they were selling tactical M4s with full rail systems and collapsable stocks ... and tactical sig sauer .223 in the sporting goods right next to the airsoft guns ... kicker is there was a disclaimer saying you had to be 16 or be with a parent to buy te rifles BUT you had to be 18 to buy the airsoft guns hahhaa .... oh and a full aisles worth of assorted ammo .... GOD BLESS TENNESSEE

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm up for renewing my LTC next week. I'll let you know if they hassle me. Despite living in a highly repressive state I've never had an issue... although we can't even own M4's and I recently learned that even the lowly Ruger 10/22 is consider a 'high-capacity' Class A firearm.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This just further proves that I need to get the hell out of California and back home to Texas.

California has a score of 81. Texas has a score of 4. Yeah, I'll go to a "fail" state any day.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

California has an 81!!! Just goes to show you that all the gun laws in the world isn't going to stop the violence etc.

All the more reason for one to own a weapon and know how to use it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So as promised I just got back from renewing my concealed LTC. I live in a state scoring 65 and one of the more onerous in the country. I was in and out in 15min. No hassles, no attitudes just answer the questions, smile for the camera and hand over the check.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Do they have a country specific rating for this? It would be funny to see where Canada sits. You would'nt believe the horse crap rules and regulations us honest law abiding hand gun owners in Canada have to abide to, even though most of the current gun laws currently in Canada were created as "liberal feel good" legislation for the large inner cities. Thank god at least I no longer have to register my rifles on a government databse, thank you Mr. Harper.

new topics

top topics

join