It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euthanasia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hey all. I aint to sure if this has been posted before, since I cant get the dam search thing working.

Anyways I just wanted to find out what you all thought about the ideal's of youthanasia, since at present someone in my family is ill and Personnally I feel that youthanasia would not be questionable as this is there wish.

Anyone got any thoughts on the matter ?

[edit on 21-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
We show more humanity when we euthanize our pets, than we do towards humans. Take the Terry Shiavo (sp?) case in my area... Poor women has been kept alive for years, and her husband kept from moving on, by this woman's family's inability to let go....

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm for it .

Pops and I have an agreement to disconnect one another if any potential situation would prolong suffering . I think it should be an immediate blood relatives (ie. mom , dad , son , daughter) decision to make and it would be selfish to impose our lack of "readiness" on a suffering or vegetative loved one .

" We show more humanity when we euthanize our pets, than we do towards humans. " -Gazrok

Case in point , I have had to decide whether my 16 year old kitty was suffering an needed to be put to sleep , or if his quality of life could be restored . He is still with me and healthy again but I won't let him suffer by being selfish of my need for him .

Hard to really say how I would react to a family member , but I hope I would be equally selfless if someone was suffering , and find some peace for myself after they depart .

[edit on 21-9-2004 by oddtodd]

[edit on 21-9-2004 by oddtodd]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I completely agree with Gazrok...there is also a pretty good thread around here on it somewhere. I'll try to find it for you as you may want to go through it....

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What is more cruel killing/letting someone die when it is highly improbable that they will recover or allowing them to suffer indefinately?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There are a couple of pages of discussion in a thread over in 'current events,' so give that a look. If that one is headed in the direction you wanted to go, carry on the conversation there. If not, give me a u2u and I will re-open this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I agree in principle with what everyone is saying, but as I often read in newspapers whenever there is a euthanasia debate, there are always exceptions to the rule, 'miracle recoveries' if you will. Is is right to let go when there is a chance, however small, that the person might recover, or that an advance in medical science will be made enabling an acceptable quality of life to be reached. I suppose it is all down to the individual to decide, I just hope that I never have to face such a situation, it must be awful whichever side of the fence you sit on.

top topics

join