It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ugandans say Kony film is 'misleading,' 'too late'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i thought his comments in the video in this article were particularly revealing. he clearly states he views it as a BUSINESS not a non profit. not to mention the fact that he's got a religious agenda.

www.talk2action.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have been arguing the last 2 days with ignorant friends of mine who all jumped on the kill Kony/ buy merchandise and donate money to the CAUSE (Invisible Children) to fight the good fight bandwagon.....seeing the reactions of so many of my "friends" after seeing just 25 minutes of guilt inducing propaganda had kind of made me reevaluate the whole human condition that I thought I liked...

I'm losing faith here people.....

Yes, Kony is a POS and should be shot and killed, after a fair hearing of course (I do desire facts to be followed by justice, not vice-versa ) but literally NONE of my friends who were calling for blood had ever even heard of this monster before.....

Their excuse to that reply? "Well becoming aware now is whats important so now we can chase him down and get him and save those children"

Really it comes down to critical thinking and demanding answers to questions.....even if you believe in a cause, if you cannot have an open debate of facts and opinions, and everyone already knows the answer to their new found woes literally minutes after first hearing about them, you have to wonder why so many find it hard to beleive that the majority of people are in a consistent state of hypnosis or something very similar.....just waiting for the right trigger to set them off in a trajectory they never knew they would be following one day....

I am truly at a loss for words after ranting on them for so long about their inability to think for themselves....I don't even wanna chat with them about it anymore, their minds were made up (for them) before they even knew who Kony was, and they can't see the real problem that this is showing....sheep being lead to slaughter, maybe not their slaughter, but one day it very well could be, or mine, or yous,, and who knows just how readily they will be willing to follow once presented with just the right "facts"

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
When I first saw it I was wondering what "the experiment" was and thought it might be how fast and how many people it would reach on stupid facebook (which is mostly our young people) Next was 'pay attention' . hmmm they seem to have mind control over our young people because this has gone viral. Now that some truths are coming out about it,especially who is behind it,I'm really angry because if our young people don't click on those 'like' and 'send' buttons ????

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I believe MSM and TPTB are starting to buckle in their support for this effort. There is some coverage now of how the Ugandans are saying that the Kony 2012 efforts are not needed and that all this is overblown. I have a feeling that threads and blogs such as this one, have probably effectively ended any attempt for the TPTB to use this angle to their advantage.

I also have a feeling this may have been a dry run.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial

I believe MSM and TPTB are starting to buckle in their support for this effort. There is some coverage now of how the Ugandans are saying that the Kony 2012 efforts are not needed and that all this is overblown. I have a feeling that threads and blogs such as this one, have probably effectively ended any attempt for the TPTB to use this angle to their advantage.

I also have a feeling this may have been a dry run.

Remedial; I am with your opinion 1000%

A dry run of this type of psy-op indeed....and perhaps us talking here on ATS did have something to do with the 180 mentality being taken now by the MSM...of course maybe we are just thinking higher of our selves than we should, but we all deserve a pat on the back once in a while

If ATS and forums like it, that actually helped get to the bottom of where this documentary came from so quickly, did have something to do with resolving this before it got too out of hand, then TPTB have been taught that the next real run of this psy-op must coincide with a massive internet outage thereafter.....

In other words, TPTB flood the net and facebook with their next piece of cointel....then after is spreads like a virus and has received the desired audience size they need to guarantee a majority opinion based on what they were expecting, time to hit the kill switch on the net, so rational discussion, and critical thinking skills will not be as widely received....

Keep this in mind people; the next time and "info" bomb is dropped on us nationally (internationally), and then just as quickly we lose our connection to one another, be suspicious......be verrrrrrryyyyy suspicious.......bad forces are at play, and our minds are their playground....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienStalker

That is an amazing thought and well planned out! I have to agree that it makes perfect since. (I do feel we have done something me more so on facebook and its ok to feel we had a hand in it LOL)

I honestly was leaning more to the oil but a test and pre-conditioning makes as much sense as well!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
:I concur.

This comes free deep within the bowels of black physiological operations that the cabal has long since created
within the Military Industrial Complex as a way to stop china from progressing North. The situation in Egypt and
Libya that involved the US as well was operations of "putting the cork in the bottle", the bottle being Africa.
This is and has been a long standing plan for the cabal. The most valuable resource is the Africans themselves.
They are many, and most show much valor on the battlefield. The cabal has an army, but it is not the ones most
think.

Be vigilant.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think the point here is that this man enslaved and made into killers over thirty thousand children who will NEVER get their lives back, and many more thousands were slaughtered and mutilated. Perhaps we can all turn a jaundiced eye to it because "he's been doing it for thirty years." When in fact he shouldn't have been able to do it for one year. But because it is Africa, who gives a #? Am I right or am I right? Wink! Well one guy seems to care and he's put his life on the line. The kids Kony tried to destroy care and they came here to tell us it needed to be stopped. And guess what the President thought it was worth the effort to send trainers over there. And guess what else? Kony just moved his operations to the Sudan and elsewhere, where he continues to slaughter innocents. So you know what, HE NEEDS TO BE STOPPED. And people like him on that list of criminals, people like G.W. Bush and Dick "Heartless" Cheney also NEED TO BE STOPPED. It's not about oil. It's about human life and dignity. I am appalled at the attitudes on this thread. Trying to make those who just made the Kony doc go viral, feel like suckers...by using a "quote" from some supposed "Ugandan" who is saying "Oh it was all over years ago, no one cares...give us some money now!" It's this sort of attitude that makes the Kony's of this world become more and more bold.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well, what else is new, they are just distracting us for the New World Order. You'll see!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by whisperindave
I think the point here is that this man enslaved and made into killers over thirty thousand children who will NEVER get their lives back, and many more thousands were slaughtered and mutilated. Perhaps we can all turn a jaundiced eye to it because "he's been doing it for thirty years." When in fact he shouldn't have been able to do it for one year. But because it is Africa, who gives a #? Am I right or am I right? Wink! Well one guy seems to care and he's put his life on the line. The kids Kony tried to destroy care and they came here to tell us it needed to be stopped. And guess what the President thought it was worth the effort to send trainers over there. And guess what else? Kony just moved his operations to the Sudan and elsewhere, where he continues to slaughter innocents. So you know what, HE NEEDS TO BE STOPPED. And people like him on that list of criminals, people like G.W. Bush and Dick "Heartless" Cheney also NEED TO BE STOPPED. It's not about oil. It's about human life and dignity. I am appalled at the attitudes on this thread. Trying to make those who just made the Kony doc go viral, feel like suckers...by using a "quote" from some supposed "Ugandan" who is saying "Oh it was all over years ago, no one cares...give us some money now!" It's this sort of attitude that makes the Kony's of this world become more and more bold.

I don't even know where to begin with this.....

OK....30,000 kids huh....that seems to be the answer given like a nervous twitch by all who were seducd by the movies guilt trip....tell me....where do these figures come from?

Next; No one is turning a blind eye to this.....to be perfectly honest, all you people who had never heard of Kony before two days ago are the ones who were turning a blind eye to it for DECADES!! Now that you feel infromed somehow, you already know the answer is to invade Uganda and take him out?? Well that won't really work for many reasons, but the most obvious being what you said in your own words;

"And guess what else? Kony just moved his operations to the Sudan and elsewhere, where he continues to slaughter innocents."

EXACTLEY....Kony is not even in Uganda....so are you saying to follow this documentaries (invisible childrens) lead and send money to give weapons to the Ugandan Army (an extremely corrupted military force itself, with much blood on its hands including raping, and murdering children just like Kony has) and then creating a war that crosses borders in an area of Africa that has seen enough war to last this planet it's whole life????

In other words endorsing the idea of spreading a regional conflict into a multi-state conflict?

You know who benefits from all of that bloodshed?? Weapons manufacturers for one, that is just obvious....the real reason for a Ughandan intervention is something you also said, knowingly or unknowingly.....OIL, but more specificially grabbing up resources that are dwindling, or so we are told anyhow....

Again tell me about this wonderful plan to stop Kony by meeting violence with more violence and how it really helps the problem....

Now allow me to play your little wordsmith game....

He has an army of 30,000 brainwashed mindless children used to protect him.....How does our military apparatus, or any military get to him, without first mowing down thousands of those same children you claim to be freeing or redeeming and fighting for??

Please stop trying to flip the facts to suite your argument and answer some of tese really plausible scenarios I am suggesting here....or do you and the producers of the film have a better answer to all of this we are not aware of that will spare all those innocent brainwashed kids willing to fight for Kony?'

I see you have reverte to saying that those of us with the brain power to question the motives, are simply appeasing Kony and future maniacs like him, when in reality the appeasement was given to him by years of all you who are now outraged turning a deaf ear for decades to these kinds of crisis....

I did agree with one point of yours though.....your Bush's, your Cheney's (you left out your Obama's....probably a democrat) are all scourge like Kony who must be dealt with in similar fashions.....Tell you what, why don't us Americans take care of the International Criminals in our own country, and let the Ugandans, or Sudanese deal with theirs....it will be much more cost effective, not to mention rational....

But I guess what do people who get told their personal agendas from youtube videos spread like a virus on facebook know about reason and rational....it seems most only hear "Now is the time to push" and in unison the voices of the blind and deaf shout "PUSH....NOW"

Please, learn to use that god given muscle in between your ears, it works so much better as a tool of intelligence and free thinking instead of as a rhetoric and propaganda loudspeaker....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whisperindave

You don't seem to get it. Kony left Uganda years ago. He is now thought to have a hundred followers who hide with him moving around multiple countries. You could send that charity a billion dollars tomorrow and you would not help anyone except those who are using it to make money.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I feel like I've been in some kind of Twilight Zone coma or something. I'm really out of the loop. This Kony crap is all over everything all of the sudden, and I'm still totally lost on it. I was under the impression children have been kidnapped in Africa and forced to be soldiers for many, many years. Hell, there, it seems that if you're taken under the wing of a militia that you're a "lucky" one. How is this old news suddenly some revelation?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Yup. Of course. Bin Laden 2.0

Psy-Op 2012. Brainwashing on a mass scale. THIS IS PURE MADNESS.

Here's a girl from Uganda talking about how BS this is and that is misleading.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Wasn't even able to get through the entire video honestly, turned it off around the 20 minute mark. The entire time I felt something was really off. Especially now that all these celebrities are getting involved, it's complete BS. So happy to see I'm not alone on this. The video is now over 60 million views and it's only been four days. I wouldn't be surprised if YouTube altered the view counts, as I've seen strange things such as videos with more likes than views and other weird stuff.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The films agenda is to play on the heart strings of the American public. It serves several obvious and hidden functions. 1. African nations and most 3rd world countries who have been colonized by white powers for centuries say the film is sponsored by the US government and England in a backroom deal with the producers of the film. 2. The agenda was to flood the American MSM and the laptops of young humanitarian adults and school children with images to create a yet another "boogie man" in Africa. The concept of a boogie man was perfected in Haiti after their revolution, this is where the name boogie man originated. 3. From this, they understood how to use and manipulate (mass fear) by magnifying the image of a rouge, black skinned, army leader. This is the strategy being used today, but it's intent is too galvanize the war prone American public to support a land assault in Africa. 4. This will give the US a base of military operations and justify the taxpayers fronting the money. "Get Him!!!" Once firmly on African soil, the US will build a military base, reasons: To say to China "We are here now...we have slid down the Super power ratings and we want our slice of the pie to stay on top... " But China has foretasted their move because they witnessed the Anglo Axis powers fight over rice and spice in the 19th century and rob them blind on their own soil. 5. This is nothing more than power hungry white men, brainwashing a white public, to justify another white takeover in Africa.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Not only that, but check this out.

Where there's a despot, there's oil.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Bill Gates has said, on record, that he wants the Ugandans dead.

We are looking at a plan to initiate eugenics in Africa.

Alex Jones is now talking about this on his show. It's worth a listen.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Point taken. But do we have other countries donating to us? Do we get money from other countries to feed our poor, to better our schools, to fix our problems in general? So why the hell do people feel the need to donate 10.5 million dollars of their money across the world when we have plenty of our own problems that they seem to not care less about? That's exactly what I'm saying. People view them as the underdog, so therefore we must feel superior to them.
We do, yes other countries do donate to our disasters as well. Here is just one example.

International monetary donation response to Katrina disasterreply to post by paradox

edit on 10-3-2012 by the1benchmark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
[Though she is semi correct, shes incorrect overall. They have had less than 100 attacks in the last year but in the last 6 have killed thousands and displaced hundreds of thousands. I also believe there is more to this than is being told, but i feel that is a bad example to be using as a video. There are some other great examples and articles within this post.
i]reply to post by ProphetOfZeal

people and power, the LRA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join