It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ugandans say Kony film is 'misleading,' 'too late'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
hey Sam get a hold of me
I have nothing better to do
I have some 11b in still in the basement

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is how can a video get over 60 million views less than a week since it was released?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Enough with the raiding resources crying. Africa has been known to be rich with resources for decades if not centuries. Nobody is suddenly looking to plunder them now. If anything its more a strategic move not one based on raping and pillaging resources, but one of global positioning. You think China gives a rats about Africa. If anyone is plundering resources it would be them not the US.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

Perhaps they only just now pinpointed the resources such as oil, the point of entry, and all those little logistics.

What a plan, get the country to explore for it's resources, then go in fighting and take them by force. It is possible, and cost effective. If you were a money hungry corp, who cared nothing of your fellow human, would you not think this way? Especially, if the profit from the resource would have very high returns, then a few million $ here or there to get public opinion behind your take over is no issue.
edit on 3/9/2012 by Skada because: spelling, grammar, and all those little things associated with the written language that annoy me.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
Enough with the raiding resources crying. Africa has been known to be rich with resources for decades if not centuries. Nobody is suddenly looking to plunder them now. If anything its more a strategic move not one based on raping and pillaging resources, but one of global positioning. You think China gives a rats about Africa. If anyone is plundering resources it would be them not the US.

However, in 2006, oil was discovered near Lake Albert along the border between Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo, and since that historic find leaders and advocates have proceeded with preparations to exploit the nation's oil. Estimated to be Sub-Saharan Africa's biggest onshore oil discovery in 20 years, the find raises Uganda's confirmed oil reserves to two billion barrels, of which over 800 million barrels are expected to be recoverable.
Early extraction of crude oil is projected at 4,000-5,000 barrels per day with production anticipated to begin by 2013. Experts in government and industry say Ugandan oil production will increase to 125,000 barrels per day or more after five years, and continue at the top rate for 15-20 years more. This windfall would position Uganda to accelerate growth, diversify its economy and also drastically reduce its petroleum import costs, currently at $600 million annually.

Source

Yep hundreds of years!
The oil is coincidentally going to be ready for production in 2013. Looks like we are right on schedule!

edit on 3/9/2012 by SpaDe_ because: ............

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Alex Jones has a great recap on this Kony 2012 psy-op fraud, which is, coincidentally being promoted now by the US State Department (they were probably in on it). Kony 2012 is simply a psy-op to get anti-war/anti-colonial liberals in the United States to back potential military involvment in Uganda and other parts of Africa so oil development can start. China is HEAVILY immersed in Africa and they want the oil and minerals. But the United states isn't having any of that!

Your post is spot on SpaDe_

edit on 9-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

The way they make things go Viral now is not difficult to understand.

A) Make the video
B) Post the video
C) Inflate the numbers
D) Place it at the top of "Now Trending"
E) Increase the numbers at a quicker pace
F) Show video on MSM and speak with kids who support action

Considering most people just follow what is trending, it helps when you can create the myth of what that is.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
What is also weird is how this has gone viral only now. This is something that we knew about a decade ago as well and been reported well even by mainstream media, but yet now decades later one "documentary" changes it all.
And this is just one of many countries with similar or worse issues, but yet no one is screaming about those...
There is for sure some kind of agenda behind this viral video i think.

indeed.
i mentioned similar in another thread a day or so back.
with mind in gear and overdrive crunching into sync, i'm sensing that
this is just a beginning excercise. think of shocked fb users de-friending any and all users not towing the line here by questioning the validity of the issue. imagine the reactions to being de-friended and the possible stigma attached which could possibly be a pre-cursor to a new consensus of social-ostrification. in short the views of the many outweigh the views of the few and the many will make you known regardless of the actual facts.
i do hope it doesn't get to this, the above. i felt compelled to dribble this out.
regards fakedirt.

ps has this issue and fakeboob been given any green light by them in halls of power?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
yah about 6 years too late. and those rag doll troops Obama sent were useless advisors. they weren't even allowed to stop kony.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

They were oil scouts! Look at the RT video posed in this thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

In response to Kony 2012 video made by InvisibleChildren, I do not think the LRA or Kony is good and I do not support them. I trust the 100 U.S. military troops already sent are doing their job to find Kony, whether he is dead or alive and do what needs to be done for the sake of Central Africa. I am just promoting the education one should do before they believe everything they see. The Kony 2012 Video is not the only information you should rely on. Research. I am all for the cause, just not the video that was made.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I noticed my Rupert Murdoch-owned newspaper has covered this story two days in a row. Yesterday's article made me want to vomit. It was such a disgusting play for sympathy that included "cute" little quotes from that film maker's 5-year-old son in the documentary. It's being discussed at my daughter's school. The whole thing is such a friggin' sham.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

"All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach." ~ Adolf Hitler

While I could never agree with the above quoted mans actions, his quote I can. It sums up the whole "Kony 2012" scenario to me.

And the Ugandan's are right, it is too late, they've let the foxes in to guard the chicken hut now, the foots in the door.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
so if i make a video of all the kids carrying weapons round my way, can i get UN naval, air and ground support to get get david 'dave' cameron out?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have got to admit after watching the Video - I broke my heart and was so incensed, I couldn't believe how anyone could try to prevent this from going viral and I gave the creator of the thread 'seenavv' a hard time. I have since apologised to him after researching more into it. Yes I know, I should have done this first but I like many fell for it hook line and sinker.

OP you are right to keep this issue out front and here's a full and clear account about Konys background - what's happening now - and the Political issues surrounding the video.

www.activistpost.com...

TextThis is the first large-scale campaign to mobilize social medialites to aggregate public support for what would otherwise be, controversial pro-intervention US foreign policy. The production relies on highly charged and often unrelated emotional triggers, which ultimately rely on the viewers sense of compassion in tandem with a lack of prior information on the subject to produce a desired result – explicitly, the villainous mythification of Kony and the mainstream acceptance of US presence in Africa through a proposed archipelago of AFRICOM military bases in the region.

TextThis film attempts to purportedly “change the conversation of our culture,” however it remains a highly sophisticated refurbishment of pro-military interventionist foreign policy propaganda, dependent on dangerous subliminal messaging.

S&F from someone who fell for it!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is a little off-topic, but check out this comment by the IC founder, Jason Russell, from an article in the Huffington Post:

I never thought that I would be wrapped up in such an extraordinary story; it's almost like being in a Hollywood musical.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

WOW....REALLY???? A "Hollywood musical?"

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
We need to become more familiar with the tactics used by those with ulterior motives:

TextFurthermore, the film was produced by an organization called Invisible Children, Inc., who have been criticized by the Better Business Bureau for refusing to provide necessary information in the Bureau’s standards assessment.

Invisible Children, Inc. has failed to disclose a list of sponsors (beyond the donations of American high school students), and has also earned a low rating in accountability from Charity Navigator because they won’t let their financials be independently audited.

In a 2011 financial statement, the organization disclosed that only 31% of all the funds they receive are used for charitable purposes, with the majority allocated toward travel expenses and employee salaries.
Invisible Children has also been accused of fraud and voter manipulation in a recent charity contest sponsored by Chase Bank and Facebook.

The group’s Co-Founder and President, Laren Poole addressed the International Criminal Court in 2009 alongside Aryeh Neier, President of George Soros’ pro-war Open Society Institute. Invisible Children has partnered with two other organizations, Resolve and Digitaria, to create the LRA Crisis Tracker, a digital crisis-mapping platform that broadcasts attacks allegedly committed by the LRA.
On its list of corporate sponsors, Resolve lists Human Rights Watch and the International Rescue Committee. Digitaria’s website boasts commercial clients such as CBS, FOX, MTV, ESPN, Adidas, NFL, Qualcomm, NBC, National Geographic, Hasbro and Warner Brothers.

While KONY 2012 attempts to portray itself as an indigenous activist movement bent on bringing justice to African children, its parent organization is affiliated with the upper echelon of the US corporate media and a network of foundation-funded pro-war civil society groups with a long history of fomenting pro-US regime change under the banner of democratic institution building. According to Invisible Children’s own LRA Crisis Tracker, not a single case of LRA activity has been reported in Uganda since 2006.
The website records ninety eight deaths in the past year, with the vast majority taking place in the northeastern Bangadi region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, a tri-border expanse sharing territory with the Central African republic and South Sudan.

This article is a must read if people are to wake up to all this.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Not only that, but did you read that last paragraph.....

So we are responding with our most ambitious and controversial event to date. THE RESCUE is a worldwide rally on April 25th in 100 cities across 10 countries. Participants will 'abduct themselves' on behalf of abducted child soldiers. Each city will be 'rescued' by a prominent political or cultural figure who attends the event and makes a statement on behalf of the child soldiers. Confirmed rescuers include Pete Wentz, Kirsten Dunst, Kristen Bell, Switchfoot, and Paramore among others. Together we are demanding that our world leaders make this conflict a visible priority and put an end to the longest-running war in Africa.
www.huffingtonpost.com

What?? I'm sorry but to me that mocks what these children have been through. People have lost their flippin' minds.

OiO

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The way people talk about this, they think he single handedly abducted 30,000 kids himself. That's quite a feat for one man, he didn't work alone, so why is it "kony 2012" and not "LRA 2012"?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
All I can say is that until twenty four hours ago - I did not even know that this kony person existed - perhaps he doesn't and is a make up.

The way I view this fiasco of a story is that the Children are not invisible and it is kony who is inivisible. Why can't he be found and arrested and placed into secure custody.

NASA photographs small objects on the moon and planets and stars that are light years away but they cannot photograph and track the areas of Africa this kony is supposed to inhabit....

HAARP and high tech industry can locate minerals and ores and oil deep beneath the surface of the Earth but there is no technology to locate this one particular psychopath....????

I have many questions that I would like to have answered before I believe the barrage of publicity that has suddenly been given to this issue.

Much Peace...to all abused, traumatised and exploited Children everywhere...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join