It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington D.C. has no count of jobs from stimulus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well I wonder why that's not a surprise !!

D.C. got $885 million in "stimulus" money since 2009 and naturally, nobody seems to know if any jobs were "created".
(and nobody is even sure of an exact amount of money received !)

But I bet somebody knows who got the dough !!

A Washington Times article even suggests that jobs may have actually decreased.

The D.C. government got money for contracts, grants, loans, tax benefits and entitlements.

The whole system is a joke. Too many thieves for my money !

I say boycott the government !

The politicians hope the average citizens are happy with being broke.

Despite receiving more than $885 million in federal economic stimulus funds since 2009, the D.C. government — whose residents face one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation — cannot say how many jobs it actually created for those who live in the District.

Most of the money has been spent, and data suggest that overall regional job growth did occur as a result of the massive infusion of capital. But a review by The Washington Times of figures provided by D.C. officials shows that the city spent hundreds of millions of dollars without being able to demonstrate any significant improvement in the city’s jobs outlook.

If anything, the employment picture has worsened in the District. At the end of 2011, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the city’s unemployment rate was 10.4 percent, ahead of only three states: Nevada (12.6 percent), California (11.1 percent) and Rhode Island (10.8 percent).

D.C. don't know

Who is stealing all this money anyway ?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Who's stealing the money?

The same people who think cutting the federal budget by $2 - $4 Trillion over a period of 10 years somehow gets you closer to balancing the budget when you are over spending by $1.5 Trillion EACH year.

"Obama's February Federal Spending Sets Record Budget Deficit"

The federal government's budget deficit grew by $222.5 billion in February, the largest one-month increase in history. Economists are forecasting the deficit for the year will be the biggest imbalance on record. The Treasury Department says the February deficit surpassed the old record for any month, a $220.9 billion imbalance set in February 2010.

Pres. Obama, when he sent Congress his new budget request last month, forecast a deficit of $1.56 trillion for this year. The current deficit record holder is a $1.41 trillion deficit in 2009. In 2010, the deficit remained above $1 trillion at $1.29 trillion.

Nothing like growing the deficit, while claiming to be cutting it.

Here are some interesting figures.

Through the first five months of this budget year, the government's revenues total $869 billion, up 8.6 percent from the same period a year ago, while government spending totals $1.51 trillion, a 4 percent increase.

You can't help but laugh at how they word it to show that the percentage increase in spending is only half of the percentage increase in revenue.

These numbers only prove that no matter how much revenue comes in, the increase in spending will always be higher. It will never be used to pay down ANY of the existing or past debt.

After last years' budget debacle, you would have thought that they would have at least given a fake projection of a lower deficit from the year before.

newmediajournal.us...
edit on 9-3-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Ooops!
edit on 9-3-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

My brother had a stimulus job for about 6 months before they laid him off again and shutdown. He worked for Sallie may, collecting debt.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by xuenchen

My brother had a stimulus job for about 6 months before they laid him off again and shutdown. He worked for Sallie may, collecting debt.

Sorry to hear it.

But that's par for the course.

Did he qualify for full unemployment by the way ?

Or did something just happen to "fall short" of some limit ?

new topics

top topics

join