It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Senate approves lying to women to prevent abortions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:23 EST -- The Raw Story

The Arizona Senate on Tuesday approved a bill that would allow doctors withhold information about prenatal problems if it could make the decision to have an abortion more likely.

Republican state Sen. Nancy Barto introduced the measure to protect doctors from so-called “wrongful birth” lawsuits.

Such lawsuits are sometimes filed by parents of children with disabilities who believe that doctors withheld information that could have led to the decision to have an abortion.

“This malpractice shield is the latest in attacks on a woman’s right to access reliable, unbiased health care information and represents yet another effort by Republican legislators to interfere in doctor-patient relationship,” Care2′s Jessica Pieklo wrote. “But even worse, the law presumes that it is the state’s role to dictate what information a woman should have access to and what information she needs to be ‘protected’ from in accessing routine health care services.”

Looks like the lawyers brought this on.

And the liability insurance companies.

I guess a Doctor won't be "mal-practicing" when lying !!

The bill will go to the AZ. house next.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This disgusts me. Why should anybody be more aware of whats going on with my body than myself. I like to think those who don't abort could use that time planning on strategy and support. This isn't about if you support abortion or not, it's about how dangerous lack of being prepared can be. To me the ends don't justify the means.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:23 EST -- The Raw Story

The Arizona Senate on Tuesday approved a bill that would allow doctors withhold information about prenatal problems if it could make the decision to have an abortion more likely.

Republican state Sen. Nancy Barto introduced the measure to protect doctors from so-called “wrongful birth” lawsuits.

Such lawsuits are sometimes filed by parents of children with disabilities who believe that doctors withheld information that could have led to the decision to have an abortion.

“This malpractice shield is the latest in attacks on a woman’s right to access reliable, unbiased health care information and represents yet another effort by Republican legislators to interfere in doctor-patient relationship,” Care2′s Jessica Pieklo wrote. “But even worse, the law presumes that it is the state’s role to dictate what information a woman should have access to and what information she needs to be ‘protected’ from in accessing routine health care services.”

Looks like the lawyers brought this on.

And the liability insurance companies.

I guess a Doctor won't be "mal-practicing" when lying !!

The bill will go to the AZ. house next.

This only illustrates how narcissistic women's rights activists are. One the one hand they demand all these rights for themselves, while with their other hand they seek to suppress the rights of others. Very comical.

www.fathersandfamilies.org...
And notice how this Care2 writer is actively endorsing denying men the right to know if their kids are their kids.

www.care2.com...
www.contentmetro.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

A doctor has no right to lie to a patient about anything. I don't care what he believes don't want to believe in abortion fine but if your going to lie to someone to prevent it then you best expect to pay to support that child it is that simple. Again believe what you want believe but quit forcing your particular brand of mythology onto someone else. It is pretty damn easy when you have no stake in the outcome, to tell other people what to do.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

“If a doctor intentionally or knowlingly withholds information then a lawsuit could be appropriate,” she said.

So it does not seem to approve lying. The bill is probably aimed to protect those doctors who did not know about the disability from lawsuit.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Nothing new here.

Because they believe they are "doing the right thing", most medical practicioners have no problems lying to acheive their goals.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Simple solution really. Put a cap on medical malpractice lawsuits and laws of this nature will never have to be written.

Easy-peasy, lemon-squeazy

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
That is all what the government does is lie, what else is new

top topics

join