It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Explanation of the Traditionalist Noose:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
To those of you who can't understand people like Santorum or the actions of traditionalist Republicans:

Women aren't a collective of chickens or a herd of cows. They are human beings with their own self agency. This all goes back to the real nature of the gender war, a war between leftist and traditionalist women.

You see, it was traditionalist women who started the whole stay at home mom thing(Mothers of the Republic). But in order to become SAHM's they had to increase the value of their husbands labor. The way they accomplished that is a combination approach. They worked to outlaw child labor, and competition from minorities to a certain degree, and competition from women.

You see in the past women where paid based upon how hard they where able to work, but the Mothers of the Republic protested and harassed business owners for employing women. The compromise after that was that business owners would pay women less because they were women. Suffice to say the leftist women(that was a much smaller group then Mothers of the Republic) where pissed.

Fast forward to the late 1970's-80's and the resurgence of the leftist woman. After the failure of the Equal Rights Amendment, feminist's(the largest common ideology of leftist women) went from being Liberal Feminist's to Gender Feminist's. I know it might seem like a small change, but it is actually fairly large. They had given up on the idea of equality as an outright goal and set their sights on destroying their enemy: Traditionalist Women.

The only way to destroy traditionalist women, is to prevent them from living their traditionalist life style(prevent them from being traditionalists). And the only way to do that, is to sabotage the traditionalist well: men. If the well runs dry, traditionalism withers.

Hence the reason why feminist's in the AAUW lied about the "girl crisis" in the early 90's so they could start a war against boy's. And thereby deny almost an entire generation of boy's access to a decent and fair education.

Traditionalist's had to counter this or face extinction. They couldn't outright expose it, as that would also destroy traditionalism. Because traditionalism is rested on the notion of the feminine divine(Women's God given right to have a family; and that women are almost angelic aka morally superior when compared to men). So the traditionalist's decided to to use the feminist's own plan against them.

That is why in the 90's it seemed like traditionalists in office capitulated to feminist's in regards to obscene Child Support, DV law's and family court rulings(+ other acts of feminist insanity). Basically traditionalists wanted to burden the entire cost of traditionalism on the shoulders of men alone, to keep to "energy" of traditionalism alive. And the pain felt from the burden of traditionalism, they tricked men into solely blaming feminist's for it.

After awhile this caused men to not care about women's issues or to take up "your turn now" type mentality in regards to women's rights issues. And that is the worst case scenario for traditionalists. Traditionalists also get new converts to their cause, but either way they get what they want: the average man out of the picture so it can be a cat fight, and white knight vs mangina fight. Notice how traditionalists are starting to work to "ease up on men a bit"? well the thing about it is, they have to push men damn near to the point of revolt in order for their plan to work(meaning destroying feminism> blowback, same with feminists destroying traditionalism> blowback)

The truly damning thing is at this stage, the more feminists/leftist women protest, the worse it will get for them.

This is what I have long called the "Traditionalist Noose". Granted the few times I talked about it, it was laced with not nice language(bleh the MRM atm is more like the resistance to Voldemort in the second to last Harry Potter movie; sitting by a radio listening to casualty reports. Makes it impossible to keep ones cool in such a dismal state of things) so I hope this one is a bit more palpable for the general populace and affords those who are not in the know a greater understanding of the world around them.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

From a traditionalist, thank you for the history lesson.

I have a deep seeded disdain for feminists because of how they have devalued the family and SAHMs...they have worked for years to make the general public think of us as useless, stupid, uneducated and lazy...it is disgusting and I hope the noose keeps tightening.
edit on 9-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The comment above me Is disgusting.... Why can't both lifestyles exist and be valued? Did you ever think of that? Or we're you too busy buying into the us vs them mentality that you lost sight of the real issue at hand, wthat the feminist women want and deserve the right to choose whether to be a SAHM or a working professional. Just because you believe in being a SAHM doesn't mean you have the right to force that belief on every woman everywhere. Jesus, this is what's wrong with out world. Plus, feminists never said it was bad to be a SAHM, they just said they didn't want to be. But what would I know, I'm just a man.... O wait, I forgot, this meatspace I call a body has no relation to my actual being other then being a vehicle for it to travel in. For all I care I could have been female, and I would still be the same 'person'. No one has any right to restrict the dreams of ANYONE because of THEIR personal beliefs
edit on 9-3-2012 by KevinB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by KevinB
The comment above me Is disgusting.... Why can't both lifestyles exist and be valued? Did you ever think of that? Or we're you too busy buying into the us vs them mentality that you lost sight of the real issue at hand, wthat the feminist women want and deserve the right to choose whether to be a SAHM or a working professional. Just because you believe in being a SAHM doesn't mean you have the right to force that belief on every woman everywhere. Jesus, this is what's wrong with out world. Plus, feminists never said it was bad to be a SAHM, they just said they didn't want to be. But what would I know, I'm just a man.... O wait, I forgot, this meatspace I call a body has no relation to my actual being other then being a vehicle for it to travel in. For all I care I could have been female, and I would still be the same 'person'. No one has any right to restrict the dreams of ANYONE because of THEIR personal beliefs

The problem is, if you read my topic post, SAHM's is a total system. In order for it to work, all women have to participate. That is where the mentality in the traditionalist reply is coming from. Because unless you seek to understand your adversary(and as a MRA I view traditionalists and feminists to be a hostile threat[see my comment on their disregard for blow back aka male suffering]) you will never be able to see where their next blow is coming from, let alone defeat them.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

I didn't say I was forcing my lifestyle on them, quite the oppisite...they have become militant against SAHMs and the family...wake up
to what is happening.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Men just wouldn't understand what it is like when fellow women constantly ask you "what do you do" and you say raise a family only to be greeted with eye rolls and a look of disgust. In trying to find their way in the world the militant feminist has made an enemy of both men and fellow women.

THEY are the ones who started the war and treat others without respect.

I believe everyone has a right to live their life as they please....but I expect the same in return.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Ignorance is bliss I guess..... True example: my mother is a SAHM and my dad works, we have a very traditional family. My aunt is a bank manager, she is not a SAHM, and her husband also works, she does not have a 'traditional' family. Since they both exist I have just LOGICALLY proven that SAHM is not a system that requires total participation. But hell, logic can never be used against those who deny it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

I agree with this statement....I didn't realize the op had an agenda against both sides of the spectrum.

People have to do what is best for themselves and their families.

Neither should have a vendetta against the other.

It is very hurtful when others devalue you because you didn't choose the same path as them.

And I wish other women would stop asking when I am going back to work......I work hard everyday, and it has enabled my husband to fulfill his dreams without worrying about the children constantly.

It works for us and we are both happy with the sacrifices we made.

The OP is describing the far end spectrum of both sides, which is like talking about far right conservatives and far left wing liberals or let me say there are bad in every group, but that does not define people as a whole.

In my previous comment I was speaking of the way over the top militant feminists who shove their beliefs down everyone's throat.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by KevinB

I agree with this statement....I didn't realize the op had an agenda against both sides of the spectrum.

People have to do what is best for themselves and their families.

Neither should have a vendetta against the other.

It is very hurtful when others devalue you because you didn't choose the same path as them.

And I wish other women would stop asking when I am going back to work......I work hard everyday, and it has enabled my husband to fulfill his dreams without worrying about the children constantly.

It works for us and we are both happy with the sacrifices we made.

The OP is describing the far end spectrum of both sides, which is like talking about far right conservatives and far left wing liberals or let me say there are bad in every group, but that does not define people as a whole.

In my previous comment I was speaking of the way over the top militant feminists who shove their beliefs down everyone's throat.

No arguments here. I'd say my mom 'worked' harder than my dad ever did, and my dad works in the restaurant business. Being a SAHM is a 23 hr a day job consisting of slave labor (aka clothes, cleaning, putting up with crazy children, shopping, organizing... I could go on forever.. And all of it is for FREE) Nobody should be looked down upon for their choice of SAHM or employment. It is a personal decision that doesn't need to be polarized into an us vs them mentality.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I don't mentally associate feminism with female heterosexuality, to be truly honest.

There were some things that women genuinely did need, which, at one point, in Western society at least, they didn't have. Primarily we're talking about the right to vote, equitable educational opportunities, and if they do choose to work, the right to earn the same salary as a man can, if they're doing the same job with the same level of ability. I also support the right of a woman to enter the military, if she can handle it; and many of them can.

If feminism had dissolved itself after the above goals had been met, or only existed to safeguard the maintenance of those goals once they were achieved, then there wouldn't have been a problem; but unfortunately, the lesbians with whom feminism primarily originated, had to go further.

They turned the pathological hatred of men, into a mainstream social institution.
edit on 9-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Well put...it really gained steam in the 70's,
and now it is an all out battle against men, stay at home mom's, family values the list goes on...what a shame.

It is alot like what has become of the unions...they were needed at one time to force change,

but now they both act like Mafia bullies. The time for them to go away has come.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I think I posted this in the wrong spot, should be in social issues. If a mod could move it, much kudos.

top topics

join