It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanuatu 7.1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Its 11:26 PST and I have Vanuatu at a 7.1 Earth Quake and its with in the hour so expect a down grade of this. What is remarkable is the Solar storm associated with this quake and that these typically come in sets or threes', time will tell.No Tsunami alerts have been given at this time.
source

PORT VILA (BNO NEWS) — A powerful earthquake struck the Pacific Ocean near the island nation of Vanuatu on early Friday morning, seismologists said, but there were no immediate reports of damage or casualties. No tsunami warning was issued. The 7.1-magnitude earthquake at 12.34 a.m. local time (1334 GMT Thursday) was centered about 115 kilometers (71 miles) west of Efate, the most populous island in Vanuatu and home to the nation’s capital of Port Vila. It struck about 10.1 kilometers (6.3 miles) deep, making it a shallow earthquake, according to seismologists in Vanuatu.

edit on 9-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This quake happened at 11:09 pm PST March 8th 2012 and as of the time of this post there are no aftershocks.That being said this could be a one time quake, proving they are as random as the sky is blue

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Post time 11:54 Looking at the globe on USGS I have to wonder if So.Cal's Number is up. Time will tell as we watch for the pair or Trio anomaly.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It wasn't the solar flares. ATS is about to have a weird communal freak out. Every time an EQ over 5.0 happens the site freaks out. OMG it's because... Sign of things to come... I only hope we're ready... I had a dream... Appreciate the post OP, snark not aimed at you. Let's be honest, nobody has heard of this place.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

That being said this could be a one time quake,

No way. This is Vanuatu. There is more likely to be a 6.4/6.5 or even another 7.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Oh yes, because the US is the only place that matters, screw everyone else.

Yes, it's a very active region and not surprising in the least. No need for the sour attitude though. This is planet earth, and she matters. If you don't like some of the things being posted here, nobody is forcing you to stay and read it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by PuterMan

So what? Why is this an issue? Earthquakes happen daily. All sizes and all over the globe. ATS has a fit predicting catastrophes, nothing happens and the thread quickly sinks. Talk to me when a 7 hits the US, you know, somewhere that matters.
I'll think you'll find that Puterman was just pointing out that Vanatu is quite an active area, and was certainly not fear mongering. (if you check his posts in the earthquake sticky thread, you'll see he's one of the ones with a very level head on the subject , and is also very versed in the subject.
)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
at last an 4.8 after shock It took long enough!!! Puterman what up man!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

reply to post by TMG333

Oh yes, because the US is the only place that matters, screw everyone else.

Thank you! Finally someone that agrees with me. EQs can hit Europe, Alaska, Canada, Antartica, Hawaii etc. but it only matters if it one strike these great United America! I think the thread starter was good to show us that it happned, but that it matters is different. I guess Europe matter s to, but i dont think other places do? if we can be safe the world will live!!!

Yes they do !!! REPEAT Yes They Do and know body can predict them!!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

So what? Why is this an issue? Earthquakes happen daily. All sizes and all over the globe. ATS has a fit predicting catastrophes, nothing happens and the thread quickly sinks. Talk to me when a 7 hits the US, you know, somewhere that matters.
I'll think you'll find that Puterman was just pointing out that Vanatu is quite an active area, and was certainly not fear mongering. (if you check his posts in the earthquake sticky thread, you'll see he's one of the ones with a very level head on the subject , and is also very versed in the subject.
)

I think you will learn that Puterman has tenure to speak for him self and knows quite a bit of what goes on but nobody can predict Earthquake beyond probability

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

)

I think you will learn that Puterman has tenure to speak for him self and knows quite a bit of what goes on but nobody can predict Earthquake beyond probability
I'm sure he can, I just wantedto know why Domo1 jumped down his throat for no reason. But now I see that this characture thinks that other places don't matter, then I'm not sure I want his opinion on anything. Arrogance like that I can do whithout.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

)

I'm sure he can, I just wantedto know why Domo1 jumped down his throat for no reason. But now I see that this characture thinks that other places don't matter,
then I'm not sure I want his opinion on anything. Arrogance like that I can do whithout.

doesnt everybody want to capitalize the arrogance of Puterman (get one over on the old man)
well ok then!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
ok what do we know right now, Vanuatu had a 7.1 at 11:26 there was only 1 aftershock of a 4.8 given Putermans great history and knowledge cannot bring to light why there are not more aftershocks and one can conclude the energy will at some point find its way to the surface someplace else or not at all.....I bid you all good night

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Let's be honest, nobody has heard of this place.

It's where the .tv top level domain exists (well Tuvolu is nearby).

I hope this earthquake doesn't disrupt the .tv domain records.

I mean, if it does, maybe I'll get a few free years registration
jk

I hope everyone is OK; I'm familiar with 7+ earthquakes and someone definitely got hurt.

Hopefully not too severely.

edit on 3·9·12 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Let's be honest, nobody has heard of this place.

It's where the .tv top level domain exists.

I hope this earthquake doesn't disrupt the .tv domain records.

I mean, if it does, maybe I'll get a few free years registration
jk

I hope everyone is OK; I'm familiar with 7+ earthquakes and someone definitely got hurt.

Hopefully not too severely.

If it does I am sure you have a back up DVD

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
HHAHAH Looks like Domo1 is all dressed up and nowhere to go...

Oh wait, I heard about this 'shakin' happenin' place,

What you say there stays there... but you can't unsay anything like here on ATS.

Sorry that I missed it, by others reaction... heh, oh well.

There's a massive solar flare that probably caused all of this anyhow.

If the world were going to flood and break apart what would the govt tell us if they knew??? Nothing. ROFLMAO.

Why so serious? It's 3AM and I need sleep. Praying for earthquake victims.

edit on 3·9·12 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join