It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A journalist on the death of journalism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have posted a few threads here on the subject but that have died out very quickly. Here is yet another of these attempts.

This time i found this though www.disinfo.org :

www.alternet.org...

This i found most intresting in the atricle:

" The Chicago Tribune recently conducted a national poll in which about half of those surveyed said there should be been some kind of press restraint on reporting about the prison abuse scandal in Iraq; I suggest those people don't want the facts to disturb their belief system about American exceptionalism. The poll also found that five or six of every 10 Americans "would embrace government controls of some kind on free speech, especially if it is found unpatriotic." No wonder scoundrels find refuge in patriotism; it offers them immunity from criticism."

This ties in with my post on Americans not understanding where the foreign critisism comes from, bad news just doesn't exist it seems!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I am going to be so sad when journalism is gone.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I wonder if they will have a network or something for those of us ADULTS who want to see all the facts, straight up, no punches pulled? The bloody corpses, the ambiguous outcomes, the resentment we may create and incur.

For people who want to form opinions and make decisions based on the facts, Not some Watered down, sanitized, scented with rosewater [read propaganda] news feed.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Watered down, sanitized, scented with

The internet can do that for you. You won't find much of the whole dirty truth on tv.

top topics

join