It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Season of BBC's Sherlock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I just found out today that the second season of Masterpiece Mysteries: Sherlock has come and gone on the BBC. I can't be the only American who missed that, so I'm giving everyone the heads up. It hasn't started airing in America yet (that will come in May), but of course there are ways to see it.

I watched all three episodes today and this season is just as good as the last one. It might be better, because there's no episode as weak as "The Chinese Banker," however, I don't think there's any episode as good as "The Great Game," though the finale comes close. The stories drawn on this season are: "A Scandal in Bohemia," "The Hound of the Baskervilles" and "The Final Problem." Scandal and Hound stick a little more closely to Doyle's original stories than any of the episodes did last season (though not much more). The big difference is in "The Final Problem."

What I didn't like about Doyle's "The Final Problem" is that Moriarty begins and ends in that story. We're only told about his great, far-reaching villainy and Sherlock's work to expose him, we're shown nothing. With the series, they've been building up Moriarty since the first episode and in this episode the challenge he poses to Sherlock is great.

So, if you're a Sherlock fan get excited. If you haven't seen any of the series, the first season is on Netflix Instant.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

I watched all three episodes of the second series and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Must say it's BBC ai it's best.

I just hope that there's more in the future.

join