It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stress Release/Things that make you happy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I figure with all of the dire and stressful situations going on around the world, we all need a little reminder of the things that make us happy.

What do you guys do to release stress? What makes you happy? I believe these things go hand in hand.

Some common ways are:
Taking a long bath/shower, calling your friends and/or spending time with them, going for a walk, getting a massage, reading a book, meditating, sleeping, having a drink/smoke, watching the TV/movie, etc etc...

My favorite ones personally are:
Drinking hot tea. Just the warm liquid makes me feel all warm inside and happy, I try to have hot tea everyday for this reason.

Writing. When I am feeling down, and stressed about something I tend to write a poem about my emotions and try to turn my sorrow/stress into something beautiful, of which I can be proud of.

Putting on a movie/TV show that is funny to me, as I truly believe laughter is one of the best medicines in existence.

Listening to music. Whether it be whimsical and happy, or rather slow and sad. They all help me. I am a metal girl at heart myself, but I absolutely love jazz, classical, oldie's, and even a little pop here and there. It all depends upon the song itself.

Going for a run/walk is also a favorite of mine because it gets me out of the house, which becomes rather depressing inbetween social outings and being with friends. It also allows me to marvel in nature, especially if I am walking near the woods or in the neighborhoods where there are beautiful bright flowers in the yards. Walking/running near wide open fields is amazing to me aswell, where it gets me thinking about the true vastness of the world.

Playing and caring for my puppy, but I do this 24/7 anyways. I am so convinced she is worse than having a child of my own!

I am curious to see the ways you guys deal with stress and the specifics of each way you name such as certain songs, movies, certain places to walk, certain things to meditate upon etc, for I'd wish to try these specifics myself.
So please, link any songs you like, post any movies that help you with stress or anything that makes you generally happy to see, etc etc

For example:
This video forces a smile onto my face everytime, without fail for about two years now...

I'd appreciate if you'd go into great detail and specifics of your ways to manage stress/ things that make you happy
edit on 9-3-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I'd appreciate if you'd go into great detail and specifics of your ways to manage stress/ things that make you happy

I can't go into great detail, but it involves a woman, begins around midnight and ends around 2am with both of us covered in sweat.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

One of my favorites aswell

Minus the woman, add a man and I'm good to go hahaha.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I can't go into great detail, but it involves a woman, begins around midnight and ends around 2am with both of us covered in sweat.

Late night Wii Sports?

For me, it's going for a drive in the country with some good tunes, coming home and having a good craft beer or two and then sitting on my balcony and enjoying the fresh air.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

Best thing to do is get out in the mountains on a warm day, preferably cloudy with the smell of rain. Cannot go wrong. Of course, making music always channels the emotions to some distant land, so that is a plus.

Oh, plus Calculus! Doing Physics and Calculus always cheers me up.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This song usually pumps me up and puts things in perspective:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Ooohhh, I like this song a lot. The vocals and guitar are very unique. I have never heard of this band before. Thank you for showing them to me!

Now, to run off and look for more songs from them hehe.

top topics

join