It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Mariners and Oakland A's open MLB season in Tokyo. WHY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Mariners and A's open season in Tokyo

The decision was made after the earthquake and nuclear armageddon occurred. Major league baseball is a multiple billion dollar industry. They have to know the facts that Tokyo is getting hammered by the effects of Fukishima.

I just simply don't know why they would subject their multi million dollar athletes to this. I know many of the Seattle mariners, and I can say that some are NOT happy with this.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
One word: Ichiro.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Somehow I doubt TPTB consider base-ball players as important.

Fact is, the Japanese love baseball more than most Americans.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
One word: Ichiro.

I know that. BUT, he is NOT as big of draw as he used to be. I just don't understand why MLB would take this unnecessary risk. I know money is involved, but all their games (mariners) are shown over there on tv, and it's not like seattle or Oakland wouldn't sell out their opening season series anyway.

If anything, I just wanted to let people know how blind MLB is.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
At least it's not Syria. Oh boy!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
To show the public that everything is ok. And even American sports celebrities will subject themselves to such an atmosphere.

Just a guess.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It's because MLB is trying to spread Baseball to other countries & go global, and soon they will.

They want at least 4 International teams by 2020. They'll do it. These games are gaining support in Japan and elsewhere where Baseball is already huge of course. They'll have 1 Japan MLB team, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Mexico.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
Somehow I doubt TPTB consider base-ball players as important.

Fact is, the Japanese love baseball more than most Americans.

Maybe they will play the game on this field:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
People travel to Tokyo every single day.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
if you don't think Tokyo is contaminated from Fukushima, tell that to South Korea and the Philippines!...and the rest of the World as well! Seattle has Ichiro and Oakland has Kurt Suzuki. two west coast USA teams that are fairly close to Japan compared to the rest of the MLB. the MLB wants to be recognized worldwide for some reason. just like the NFL. maybe when we change to global curren$y, we'll change to global NFL and global MLB. the new names would be GFL and GLB naturally.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
They have an opening day series in Japan for the past few years, but maybe they planed it all along to coincide with professional baseball players getting radiation posing

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
No Problem at all,
the Radiationlevels here in Tokyo are stable and much lower than in the US,
according to eq.wide.ad.jp...

200 µSv/roundtrip Tokyo - New York Flight (radiation varies depending on the flight attitude)

at the moment we get 0.11uSv/h Average!

The Flight from New York to Tokyo is like ca. 100 Days in Tokyo!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
maybe the think radiation will give the super powers

new topics

top topics

join