It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I think about Kony 2012 so far.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hey guys! haven't did a post here in awhile!!! But onto the point of the thread. Recently, I've been hearing about the "highly controversial" Kony 2012 campaign brought to attention by Invisible Children. I haven't watched the documentary, but I have friends on my Facebook basically summing it up what it's about. And I'm very surprised that something like this has gained so much attention seeing as stuff like this has been happening for awhile now. As much as I want to help those unheard children and kill Joseph Kony given our situation I believe(let me say this one more time) I BELIEVE, meaning my opinion, that we shouldn't intervene. We have so much problems here in the US that we can't possibly help. Let me just say this: I know Kony is bad I get it already, but we have to solve our own problems first. So guys what are your opinions on this matter?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm not buying it, sorry. The Ugandan government are not saints and are most likely doing some of the same things themselves as is happening in other African countries. The stupidity in people where I'm living is unbelievable. They are organising rallies here, dont know whether they will go through with them or not but I'm going to go and have a look at how ridiculous people will look with no knowledge of anything happening in Uganda, Sudan and other countries associated.

It amazes me how people just assume that the video is the entire truth and jump on the band wagon.. I guess it just shows how easily we can be manipulated at times.

If he has commited the atrocities, then he should be punished but I don't see how people can prove this because of some groups video. Anyway this has been going on for years, why disclose it to the world now when lives could of been saved a long time ago?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It is a Obama publicity stunt!

This is not about helping the children, it is about the recources of that region.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

Oh I have no doubt in my mind that Obama will use this as a perk to make himself look good in the end. Anyways, based on recent events and the fact that it's in Africa, specifically in Uganda, this can't possibly be mere coincidence. It just so happens that Uganda is rich with a little something called oil. And guess what? The US needs some oil. So with that being said the US isn't helping the Ugandans out of their kind heart.

new topics

top topics

join