It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clandestine Shadow Phone Network?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Strange little piece I just happened across. I cannot vouch for the truth of this, but I found it of interest. Has anyone ever heard about this sort of thing?

There is a deep shadow network behind the traditional telephone network that you only get access to by invitation and involves people who are on the criminal side as well as no doubt, government and alphabet agency types who tap into phone calls and then sell them on a black market for lots of money to for example HIGH FREQUENCY TRADERS (HFTs) who then use this info to make trades, currency calls etc. You can see where a network like this can be very advantageous to the participants...

[snip]

...The layers of this also relate to previous blog posts made here about for example the guy who purchased an ANDROID PHONE and suddenly had access to all the hidden CIA files on not only himself but thousands of others. And ANOTHER GUY who clued me into the shadow internet several floors below the current one where you only gain entry via invitation and you are then given access through a portal of sorts.. where your web surfing tracks CANNOT BE TRACED ... and you simply immerse yourself to do business then surface through another portal/rabbit hole at the other end... with no trace of having been off the surface. You gotta love this black market world.

Source:
projectcamelotproductions.com...

What say you ATS? Garbage or gold?

It is well-known that there are many "layers" to the internet, ranging from pages that are not indexed by normal search engines to private networks not connected with the wider web. Phenomena such as the invisble web, the dark internet and Darknet all fall into this category. Despite the sinister-sounding names, most of this "shadow web" is totally harmless and boring. I've never heard of such a thing in terms of telephone networks, but who knows?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't know about clandestine cell networks, but I do know a little about the OpenBTS Project, because I have been incorporating many of its principals into my own planning.

Here is a link to information about OpenBTS.

The short answer is that it is an open source cell network utilizing a GSM interface. However, it is in its infancy.

More germane to this discussion is how the Mexican drug cartels have been utilizing "private" cell networks that they install for their communications. Here is an NPR story about how one such network was busted.

I am sure there are even more sophisticated networks in operation. However, one of the beautiful things about the electromagnetic spectrum is that if one is operating near you, it isn't that difficult to find out. Not that you would be able to decrypt the information, but it would be obvious that it is there.

Hope this helps.

new topics

join