It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Put on Notice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Obama Put on Notice

larouchepac.com

Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is round two, Secretary of Defense Panetta is now recantting his dissolve with Congress, but did he tell Congress how it was going to be like Oliver North did, or is now Panetta worrying about Congress, you decide. My only question is; does NATO, and the U.N. have more power than our houses in the United States?

larouchepac.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-3-2012 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am bumping, cause this morning I put Panetta minus the information, and another poster at the same time, with his information, minus his thoughts posted.So I want to know what do the posters at ATS, and America think about our current Sec of Def, and his allogations

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Couple of days ago, the CNN's public poll on website regarding the question "is it appropriate to attack Iran to stop its nuclear ambitions"...............this poll had public support of 66% agreeing to the attack vrs 34% disagreeing.

Even if it goes to Congress, the bill to wage war will come out winner as congressmen tend to follow the general public support. Obama is not put on notice here. He will attack only after November elections and might even go to Congress to get the full support.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Interesting info, My only thought is this, it better be Congress that approves things and not the U.N. or NATO, if not we the American people have a rogue government in charge

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Since it doesn't appear that taking away our rights under the guise of "terrorism," has worked quickly enough, I guess now they are going to try to take our rights away under the guise of "nuclear threat."

Didn't we take that route during the Cold War?

Since I don't trust our government, I don't trust this war mongering.

Most of us can smell this rat a mile away.

War is the solution, once again?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

As Oliver North stated, "I cannot confirm or deny them allegations." Yes, I have to agree with you, but yet again, I cannot confirm or deny your allegations

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Totally a Thread on this Already....

Not the same title same topic though

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Not even close, thats a bill, this is the Congress allocating their thoughts, thanks though

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Why didn't they do this for Bush? Instead they just approved it!

What if a real war needs to happen and Congress is corrupt or gridlocked.

Our President (Whomever that be) gets arrested as a high crime for doing what is right.

Tough call.

I don't agree with this bill.

Congress already has the right to impeach the President via his actions. They also control the budget and do not need to fund a damn thing.

They already have the power they are asking for and so I think that they should not have a right based on security of our country alone.

Also, can we define War please? War on Terror? War on Drugs?

Either way only congress can fund these things so they have enough power there. What's next? They can declare war? Imagine that one.

edit on 3/8/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hey look another bill that will go not get anyone to support it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Mud, you have to realize there is nothing new with the left right Paradigm, the only difference with this thread or sec of Defense Panetta, is the blatant arrogance of not using our Congress as the "purse and sword" , as now our current military industrial complex is NATO, and the U.N. supposedly

Thus, my question stated above

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
they ain't going to do crap about it. for some reason O became the next freaking god who can do what the heck he wants to do.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Your thoughts maybe true, however, our current Congress supposedly has the power to deny, or affirm, the potus's position, and not NATO, or the U.N. right

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

no you are right. this dude does a better job on vacation then he does when he is working. If that is what you want to call it. I got this bad feeling that he is going to get re-elected

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

no you are right. this dude does a better job on vacation then he does when he is working. If that is what you want to call it. I got this bad feeling that he is going to get re-elected

could not agree more, however I am worried about our legislative body
and the power that they are supposedly to have

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Quick bump, no one wants to elaborate on round two, just stuck in Panetta's first phrase

bump

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

what else is there to say. bama makes his own rules and no one gives a crap. We have alot of sleepwalkers letting it happen.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

what else is there to say. bama makes his own rules and no one gives a crap. We have alot of sleepwalkers letting it happen.

So your thoughts are that since we are in a war time theatre that OBAMA, has jurisidiction

I, worry about your allegations as i hope our Congress has some balls, and keeps there power, however, I do not hhold my breath

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

no i did not say that i said people do not give a crap what he does. I guess the dude walked on water and I missed it. I did a quick google search " obama lied" and got

About 27,500,000 results (0.26 seconds)

haha remember when he was running and he told people he was going to buy them houses. lol. people fell for it. they are going to re-elect him to see if they get a house the next go around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join