It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on cloudy discharge in Kewalo Basin Harbor, Hawaii

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If anyone who was following the Original Thread on this story is still curious about it, I went back to the harbor today and got a pic and video of the storm drain.

Oringal News Article

The state Department of Health has gathered samples of the water emptying into Kewalo Basin and determined that it is fresh water. State officials believe the water is mixing with silt and coral which is producing the white color. The source still remains a mystery.

"Mystery finally solved," said Barclay. "It's not sewage that's coming into the harbor, so the water is not as contaminated as it could be, there's still quite a bit of particulate matter."

My pics and vid from the harbor, two days after contamination started:

UPDATE: Crews discover source of mystery plume

A three-day mystery has apparently been solved but not before six million gallons of fresh water mixed with a white substance had emptied into Kewalo Basin. City and state engineers and state health officials had been baffled by a mystery plume.

Pic and vid from today.

As you can see, the mysterious cloudy water is no longer pouring out of the storm drain. As a matter of fact, nothing is coming out of the drain. It's been raining heavily here for about 5 days non-stop. The harbormaster told me the other day that on a normal day the flow out of the drain is similar in volume to what you see in the first video, except without mysterious cloudy substance. With all the rain we've had lately, I can't believe there wasn't rainwater pouring out of the storm drain.

UPDATE ON REPAIRS: Board of Water Supply crews have re-opened the eastbound lane of Kawaiahao Street between Ward Avenue and Cummins Street.

Apparently they fixed the water main on the 3rd. Why wasn't anything coming out of the drain if everything is back to normal?

But they don't say in the updated news article what the substance was. Keep in mind, 2 million gallons of it a day emptied into the harbor for 3 days. If 6 million gallons of something spills into the ocean, I would expect to know exactly what it is, and a solution made public to ensure it never happens again.

I can't really explain why, but after being hassled by the harbormaster himself for taking pics of the drain the other day; the fact that the substance is not identified (remember it was killing fish); and the general state of disrepair our infrastructure is in here, I just can't accept the official story on this.

Before you write me off as paranoid, keep in mind that this whole thing was so weird and unsettling with me that I drove through torrential downpours/wind/thunder/lightning just to fight through traffic downtown and get to the harbor to take pictures of this stupid storm drain. Twice. I may be paranoid, my Dr says I am anyway, but I'm not crazy.

Someone here, of all places, has to be with me on this. Read the comments on the news articles. Lots of people are calling BS on this one.

So where does it come from??? Who is responsible for the discharge? Is it private company...the Military facilities...who???

so, the state stood around for 3 days, everyone scratching their heads ??? clueless ???? Again ????

I presume a chemical analysis is underway, but looking at the sheer volume of silt coming down I am going to suggest that a section of the storm drain wall has collapsed and adjoining soil is being washed away by the rushing water. If that is true, then a huge void is being carved underneath the streets of Honolulu and unless stopped, will result in a huge sinkhole opening up above the breach.

Someone please just tell me that whatever it was is harmless and everything will be fine. I'm so sick of watching the ocean here being destroyed.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You know im glad you brought this up again . This was a very interesting anomaly i guess you could say. Props for actually going out and taking pictures for yourself. Since this has never happened before, i was leaning more towards some kind of volcanic fissure of sorts or fresh water spring. Then again this is ats and it could be that reptillian base deep under water that was just destroyed.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Relative Five because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If there was a water main break, it could have just been water mixed with sand/soil deeper inland. I don't know how to explain the dead fish other than most harbors have a dead fish or two floating around somewhere. Hopefully this turns out to be the answer and not something more sinister.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Often resorts or other swimming pool owners dump old pool water into the ocean. This water contains chlorine which is harmful to marine life. Perhaps this is the cause. I'm sure if it was a resort, they probably wouldn't get fined (as opposed to a private pool owner) because they bring in money and employ people. These are the 2 main requirements that allow businesses to get away with almost anything.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
What do officials do best?

Lie!

White silt?

There is absolutely no reason to believe what the officials say about what the problem. Obviously, they fixed it and don't want anybody to know what the problem was originally. The fact that the discharge was white as it came out of the pipe is indicative that something was being put into the storm drain, probably illegally. Yet, that is a common occurance. I'm sure that Hawaii has strong laws against discharges into storm drains. I know that Austin certain does.

Perhaps showing an interest into the city's maintaince reports on tht sewer line could provide some info. Certainly, the exact pathway of that fairly small drain can be easily checked. I tend to suspect that it was a city problem to begin with that they don't wanna own up to it. If that harbor is a city facility, I would bet on it being the case. Second thought, contact the EPA. They probably know. See if you get any straight info there.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Excellent. Way to go! Taking a real interest in your environment is not being paranoid the way some might paint it. You are behaving like a concerned citizen that doesn't just accept what you are told by "officials". There is a big difference between being paranoid and being concerned. The way you took it upon yourself to go there investigate, and present real data about your suspicions was awesome!

A lot of people might give stories passing notice but what you have done is expose it for us to see with more clarity. I was able to see details about it that I wouldn't have. The facts (your facts) show that the "emissions" went on for days. That the "leak" has not only stopped but so has the "flow" of water. That is the most suspicious thing about it.

"Dumping" of waste by companies is usually accompanied by lots of water . Just like your toilet the water aids in "flushing" the "secrets" down the drain. If a flood of water containing some substance suddenly appears and as suddenly vanishes, then that is one indicator of foul play. Because you brought your evidence I can see that this is the case. Add to that lack of information about what the "mystery" substance was. If the media and officialdom still seemingly scratch their collective heads about it... then you have more reason to dig deeper. Who wrote the original news story? Why did they break it?

Try getting a sample of the stuff if you can. It may be caking up around the dock on wharf studs or nearby banks. You can also check periodically to see if it recurs. Look around to see if another outlet is draining. The sewer drain itself leads...? You are a good investigator. Catch them bastards at it, find where they live and you may get to expose them to the community. More power to you.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
EDIT: Wrong thread .. duh me

edit on 9-3-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm a student here at UH Mänoa, and what surprises me the most about this topic is the fact that not a single person here on campus even knows that this is going on. But from what I've noticed from lurking around on these forms is that a lot of strange things HAVE been happening here in Hawai'i lately, (such as the booms, random earthquakes, random water spouts, intense lightning). Its just that no one here (on the island) really seems to be acknowledging it and if they are its not really talked about in the open. A bunch of my friends here (myself included) in the dorms have also been having many tsunami and volcanic related dreams. We all feel something big is gonna happen soon, just can't figure out what.
edit on 9-3-2012 by noeau because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by noeau

OK great thank you! Mahalo! I knew I wasn't the only one here who noticed things getting weird.

-I have been all over the world but I have never seen lightning like whats been going on over my house the last week. Holy Cow!

-It's hailed at least twice here in less than 2 weeks. I think at most Oahu has gotten one hail storm a year in the past, most years going by without one being reported. I've been caught outside in two now!

-I'm not going to make a thread here about it because I have no proof, but I will say this here: I live across the bay from a certain military air base here on Oahu. I can see the runway from my house. A couple weeks before this recent storm started I saw what I knew to be two fighter jets chasing something that was not a fighter jet. It was dark but it was a clear night and I watched the two jets trying to follow the other thing for about 10 minutes before they disappeared behind the mountain. I saw plenty of aircraft flying at night when I was in Iraq, I know what they look like. I know I've been out of the loop for a few years and maybe they've got more advanced hardware now then when I was in but I'll bet what I saw was not ours.

-I have seen more cops out in meatspace lately than ever. They seem to be everywhere I look. I can't drive 5 miles to the store without seeing at least 5 cops.

-Dogs in my hood have been going absolutely bananas for the last few weeks. I know dogs are smart so don't discount this one.

-I've been having more nightmares than usual.

Things are getting weird(er?) here.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
And now a freaking tornado?!

A rare tornado touches down on Oahu

You've got to be kidding me. WTF is going on here?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yeah things have been increasingly getting weird lately. Although nothing too drastic has happened yet, my friends and I are all sure it's gonna come soon.
As for the unusual flying crafts near the military bases, well I actually have no idea what to say about that. The military here has always been known to be sketchy so this could just be another one of they're many secrets.
I myself am a strong believer in Hawaiian mythology, and I feel that Pele (The fire goddess) is gonna do a major land cleansing on the big island sometime soon. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what's to come...

new topics

top topics

join