It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this in the desert of California?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
delete
edit on 9-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123
[mo delete

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't think it has depth. It looks like a mound. Mounds can look like craters when viewed from above.

My guess is that this is a dump or the base. When I was in college, my dad moved to Chicago. To the south of Chicago there are these "Garbage Mountains" next to the expressway. Depending on which direction you fly into Chicago, you sometimes pass over these. They look very similar.

At those sites they plant grass and trees on the older sections. Those wouldn't grow in the desert, so they'd have to put something on top and it looks like some kind of covering on the lower (older) sections in the OP pics.

One sure way to find out if that's what it is would be to get a night time shot. Pipes have to be stuck into the Garbage Mountains near Chicago to release the gasses from the trash and decomp and burn it off. They look like torches placed along the mound. If we could see a night shot of the OP's anomolies, we may be able to see the "torches."

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The northern black part is convex and the southern white part is concave.

Edit : in looking at the shadow play more they both may be convex. Look at the shadows on the top right of the bottom mound.
edit on 9/3/2012 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think it's an ancient alien spaceship coming out of the ground, or the military knew about this spaceship in the ground and are digging it up.

opinion, however far-fetched

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If it was a weapons test site, what would be the purpose of the shape of the thing? Why go to that much trouble constructing a specific shape to the site that's just going to get blasted?

No, I think the shape of it is key. There is something there.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of the thread from summer of 2011 about the domes found in Dubai I think it was:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Those in that thread were certainly bigger, but they are similar in some ways too. This may have already been mentioned on these few pages, so I do apologize if that is the case.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
the tic marks make it look like a combination lock. probably unintentional, but did anyone else notice that?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Definitely burying something under black plastic.Contaminated soil maybe? Interesting find.

edit on 9-3-2012 by mark1167 because: typo

edit on 9-3-2012 by mark1167 because: typo

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Is that green water plant life or hangers? My first thought was maybe some kind of experiment to make vegetation grow in the desert. But you can hardly tell what those dark green blobs are.

Never mind I just saw that post about black plastic.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

Now that I look at it up close it looks like some kind of machine. My first thought was underground base but why would they make it stick up like that? Look at the 2 shapes, it looks like one feeds something into the other at the points.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This would appear to be sand filtration. More than likely for sewage. Sand captures the nasties and the water evaps off and then the filter sand is removed and buried where it continues its organic break down.

Some places use green sand filters and some use regular old sand.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I'm laughing because that's the first thing that popped into my mind.

It's the mother ship rising out of the desert. Noah's Ark?

I think it's time for me to move. Maine here I come.
edit on 9-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

If it was a weapons test site, what would be the purpose of the shape of the thing? Why go to that much trouble constructing a specific shape to the site that's just going to get blasted?
reply to post by KillerQueen

Exactly, if it isn't something coming out of the ground then why is it so intricate? It reminds me of old fashion switches or knobs.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Almost immediately I saw a face in this one...looks like a fellow with glasses on and a 1980's hair cut!

Interesting images...not sure what they might be...my first thought is military somethings!

Yes, saw it too. Looks like one of those Jerry Garcia paintings of ... himself.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
follow the roads that lead from the site and notice that there is alot of military tanks dotted at radom points aswell as a few building dotted around

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

has that pic been edited?
it looks different than this

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
The northern black part is convex and the southern white part is concave.

Edit : in looking at the shadow play more they both may be convex. Look at the shadows on the top right of the bottom mound.
edit on 9/3/2012 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My buddy says its an underground base......idk how he knows that but kinda looks like that

Also the green or whatever color thing on the sand looks like a tarp of some kind....maybe..im just guessing

edit on 9-3-2012 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
gotta be Millennium Falcon
rview.reviewcentre.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

omegacorps,
WOW! What a great find! I love when you are going through old things to come upon new discoveries! Those are all WTF pictures to me! I like every ones ideas and opinions.. but am I the only one who thinks the second picture looks like 2 huge switches! I know that sounds odd, and I admit I do not know the size and proportions of the objects in the picture but to me, if that picture is from far up aka Googles Satellite, then I do stick with my opinion they look like 2 humungous switched! Even though I have a feeling they are maybe buildings or containers of some sort with very odd shape. I do also see the paint looking substance on the last picture! These are very cool, strange pictures! Makes ya wonder what is really going on at that base, especially since military personal second that is has extremely strange secret activity!!
Thank you omegacorps for your cool find and post!
S&F!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join