It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this in the desert of California?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassey222

im with you there, but the other one has depth( with the white and black on it)

your makes sense. dirty launch pad. dirt is prone to settle in low spots first
edit on 9-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I think the black area is a way to measure the damage caused by some type on munitions. Like a big bullseye that was hit with a bomb. Where the black plastic stays in tact is where the damage zone ends.

The strange points of the circles might just be ramps for the people to walk on to replace the target.

Looks like sand covered in plastic that was hit by a bomb.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

That was exactly my 1st thought! but theres no way. I would really like to know why it seems like the northernmost structure seems like a negative image of the other....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Didn't read all posts but I doubt its been said, I've never even heard or seen it proposed but I dabbled in designing one myself.

To me it appears to be a huge metal sphere with a "barrel" extending outward from this dome/sphere. I believe it may have been used to attempt to directionalize a nuclear explosive device. If you look at the top of the "dome" it appears to be blown outward from the inside. The scale does not seem to be 10 m but much larger. In the 2007 images, I believe, the "containment"units had not been used as the top is still present however, in the present pictures the facility looks blown outward from the inside then, due to the gaping hole, it was filled with sand over time. the explosion within had to be enormous as the top of the "barrel" was blown off as well, up the entire length of it [barrel].

Enjoy.

Eta: probably not though, just noticed they are flat.
edit on 9-3-2012 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

it lower than the surrounding area. seeing as the other one is covered it would be easyer and faster to fill in than to build up. as seeing as you thing its bigger " around " than 30 feet.

fill in a big hole or bury a building.

but you might be right.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

Well it absolutely has to be bigger than 30 ft, that earth moving machine alone in the image where they're building this facility has to be at least 30 ft long, that would put this facility at more like a quarter mile in diameter, I'm going to review the images but I'm pretty sure that's what I see.

Eta: these buildings may not be flat either unless Google uses 3d imaging software in their satellites. The depth could just be an effect of the distance of the imaging device from its subject.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
but if it were flat then the sand would cover it equally

telling you it's dug into the ground.

from what i looked at might be a launch pad or something.

but no sign of an explosion or exhaust. you can see the growth around

and the in the construction pic you can see what looks like track marks
from an tractor of some sort.

it might be a test platform for scaled down " deep water impacts " in the ocean.
sensors first then the elevated ground that they are on. it has fluid and a range of depths

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

it's just google. i dont think they 3D every thing.....yet : )

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
might be a quarter mile. i can see that

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

It's definative in my mind that it is some kind of explosives testing facility. There are no tractors to be seen as I thought I had seen but there are tracks like you mentioned. I think I can see the safety facility of to the right of the lower structure. This is a building. Sure is a huge place if that is a building. I'm not seeing this liquid that's been mentioned.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The only thing in thiese images I would think is liquid it would be the two black "puddles" to the lower right of the black structure. These to me look more like building sized schrapnel from the explosion that tore off the foof of this enormous metal containment facility.

Hah, oops, roof not foof.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

the upper structure where you can see the black and white border around it. looks filled with something.

thats the only pic with no sand and fresh paint. before it was used. the black lining to hold the fluid

and that upper one looks to be bigger than the lower

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Ok, I'm going to run with this liquid thing you've got going and suggest that this facility may be a well. Maybe they drilled into an aquafer (spelling?) To supply the bases needs temporarily and dried it out. I guess that would mean the smaller facility might be the well and the big black one might be the reservoir.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I don't see a face. I'm going to download the image and check. It's too small to see anything. Interesting indeed. How about one of you go out on trip drive out there and see what happens?

Secret will than be solved.

Don't forget to take pictures.

3rd image is a building. Not moat or lake.

edit on 9-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
A lot of military weapon testing is done out here in the southwest.

I live in AZ but I bet it has something to do with munition testing and the cleanup.

They may be doing some experimental stuff, but I don't think it's anything too sinister.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Just looking at it again...is it a crater?

Maybe detonating explosives underground?

I was thinking the same exact thing , old nuke test sites from the fifties.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Nice find, there is a lot of weird stuff going on in the desert round there, you should check out this, it has over 200 placemarks of interesting anomalys in the desert around Area 51. fair play to the guy who spent over 80 hours finding these. www.gearthhacks.com...

edit on 9-3-2012 by Thetawave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

wrong post
edit on 9-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

from the 50's yet wasnt there in 1995

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join