It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien abduction might be happening to me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
ok as the title says i think it may be happening to me and before i go any farther i have to say that if you dont wanna help me out or wanna call me a liar nut or say im just looking for attention please dont waste my time and go else where so with that being said i will proceed i often wake up with sleep paralysis and the last time i woke up and had sleep paralysis i saw a grey about 3 and half feet tall walking towards the couch i had been sleeping on i tried to scream but nothing other than a weak moan come out then i was able to move again and the grey i saw had disappeared behind the couch so was i hallucinating from waking up so fast or did it really happen to me please help i want answers it was so real and scared the sh*t out of me

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Maybe. You need to provide more data. Increase punctuation for readability.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gdmfs2200

Set some traps... catch one!

Set your video camera too.

put powder on the floor to see if you get foot prints.

get a dog.

link   
Sleep paralysis and hallucinations generally go hand in hand .
Try cutting down on stimulants before sleep . This will ease the frequencey of the sleep paralysis .

link   

When it occurs upon awakening, the person becomes aware before the REM cycle is complete, and it is called hypnopompic or postdormital.[5] The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes, with some rare cases being hours, "by which the individual may experience panic symptoms"[6

In addition, the paralysis may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[9] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual because of the vividness of such hallucinations.[8]

Source

Sounds like sleep paralysis

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Mostlikely it was a dream, not an hallucination unless ofcoursce you took some sort of medication around the time. Many things can lead to ''abductions'' dreams

What do you drink before bed?
What do you eat before bed?
Do you watch or read any media about ETs(Beyond ATS) ?
Do you have a problem sleeping?
What time do you sleep?

When I'm worried about something, I often dream about it?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Sounds exactly like what happened to me.For a few years I had a major problem with sleep paralysis.Every night kind of thing.I've had experiences like that,saw the greys in the room and once I was able to will myself fully awake,they were gone.But I concluded that all it was were hallucinations due to the sleep paralysis.

They can be really vivid and very scary at times.But it's just that,hallucinations induced by it.Not that I don't believe in alien abduction but from what you've said it sounds similar to my experience.And I know I wasn't abducted.Hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You said it yourself; sleep paralysis. So in short, no, you are not being abducted by aliens, considering this is a common thread among those who experience sleep paralysis. However, I do not know anything about the frequency of such events, and what is or is not normal. I'm sure you could find the information online however. Basically what happens, if you do not already know, is that your body basically shuts itself off in a sense while sleeping, keeping your limbs from moving and acting out dreams and whatnot.

This is why you cannot move, and that is the second scariest part of the experience, the first being that you sense a presence in the room, or even see something. This is nothing more than your brain producing artifacts that aren't really there. I suppose that philosophically one could disagree with that point, but I think it is safe to say they are "hallucinations", brought on by sleep paralysis.

This reminds me of the "God Helmet", which is a helmet that generates a magnetic field over the right temporal lobe, causing similar effects, which proves that what you are seeing is manifested within your mind...So the problem is internal rather than external.

I am not sure if there is anything you can do about it, but realizing that what you are experiencing, during the experience itself, could go a long way into helping you get over the fear. But the fear is an innate result of the paralysis itself, but if you experience it that frequently, I would bet that you may be able to minimize it with practice. Of course the best course of action would be to research possible treatments or cures; things you may be able to do to lessen the severity and frequency of the experience.

So to sum it all up, you are not crazy, and you are not being abducted by aliens. What you see as an alien, others see as a ghost, monster, etc...It just depends on the person and their predisposition or exposure to certain stimuli, which the brain then utilizes in constructing this false experience.

The brain is extremely tricky, and extremely versatile BEYOND average/normal experience. Don't worry. Just accept it for what it is, and know that it CANNOT hurt you, and that may help in itself. Good luck. Let us know how you fare in the future, and do a bit of research online to see if the cure is out there. It very well may be.

EDIT TO ADD:

Someone mentioned attempting to document these experiences, which is a great idea, and here is why...If you set a camera up to record your room at night, and you have one of these episodes, yet nothing is caught on the camera, this will help validate that what you are experiencing is in fact not real. Once you consciously acknowledge this fact, it may help a lot.

But, I suppose there is that chance that an alien will be caught on your camera, in which case you should procure yourself a weapon of some sort, because ET just phoned to your bedroom. The chance of this happening is probably about 0.000000000000001%. So don't worry. Try this if you can though, if only to prove to yourself what myself and others are saying.
edit on 3/8/12 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I used to have sleep paralysis when I was younger, and I had very realistic hallucinations while I was "awake", and tried to scream but only a little sound came out.

It is very scary but the mind can be a trippy thing.

My youngest daughter is 19 and is now having sleep paralysis on a regular basis. The last time, she called me all freaked out, because she swore somebody was in her apartment, but when she awoke fully, there was nobody there.

It does happen, and if the grey is gone when you fully awaken, then you were hallucinating. Nothing to fear.
edit on 8-3-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Couldn't have said it better myself.As someone who went through it for years I've found the only way to do something about it is to adjust your sleep pattern.While it was occuring to me I was on the graveyard shift and my sleep schedule was all wacky.Once I got off nights and got on a regular cycle it has pretty much stopped.That's what worked for me but i don't know the op's sleep pattern.Such as staying up all night,sleeping 2 hours at a time,etc.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Next time it happens don't be scared. Don't let it sense your fear. Visualize something along the lines of it walking away. If that doesn't work visualize yourself floating away, not out of fear, but out of curiosity to go somewhere else. I would be surprised if that didn't take care of it. Of course this won't prevent sleep paralysis, use the methods mentioned earlier for that. Should you find yourself in that situation though, try this method.
edit on 8-3-2012 by FelixFelicis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdmfs2200
ok as the title says i think it may be happening to me and before i go any farther i have to say that if you dont wanna help me out or wanna call me a liar nut or say im just looking for attention please dont waste my time and go else where so with that being said i will proceed i often wake up with sleep paralysis and the last time i woke up and had sleep paralysis i saw a grey about 3 and half feet tall walking towards the couch i had been sleeping on i tried to scream but nothing other than a weak moan come out then i was able to move again and the grey i saw had disappeared behind the couch so was i hallucinating from waking up so fast or did it really happen to me please help i want answers it was so real and scared the sh*t out of me

First off....I want you to know that I know as a FACT that E.T. and various races both known and unknown EXIST. How I know this....I cannot go into detail but you could look through some of my old posts here on ATS in the topics in the E.T. Forum.

Abductions are VERY RARE and there are a few tell tale signs...get an MRI and see if you have been TAGGED. This material will be made of common elemental compounds found on Earth but they will be integrated into your Nervous System in a way they should not be....thus a piece of metal like this of no special design should be rejected by the Human Bodies immune system...encapsulated in PUSS and forced out of the body...this little piece of metals will not only not be rejected but it will create the growth the a Neural Network from surrounding nerve cells and tissue.

It will also be possible using the right equipment to recieve and record a dual radio transmision although why it is Radio one has to wonder...but when surgery is attempted to remove this shard of metal...it shuts off remotely.

A deal was made shortly after mass flyovers of Washington DC in the 50's and this allowed us to limit the number of abduction occuring and stop the outright TAKING of a U.S. Citizen...as some abductees never made it back.

To make a claim that you are an abductee is not one I would want to make or actually...GOD FORBID...BE in reality. So I HPOE you are NOT an abductee. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is the usual Sleep paralysis BS that people who are being abducted get fed everytime.

Hands up those who know for certain they are NOT being abducted and yet are having Sleep Paralysis?

If your hand shot up, think again. You are being abducted.
Now before you get angry I didn't say by whom did I?

I would say most of the abductions ocurring nowadays are the military.

How do I know because I have foiled one of their attempts. And it wasn't aliens.

If you keep crying wolf (SP) then people won't know how to fight the wolves, will they?
You are not helping this young person.

DEFENCE MECHANISMS.
Wear a iron key around your neck.
Learn how to put a psychic shield around your bedroom, so that if anything enters, you get a knocking sound as an alarm.
Next time it happens get really angry and visualise a bomb going off in their face. Remember you are not their cattle.
If that still doesn't work, then they are not alien/demon hybrids, they are the military.
For that you need to be a Jedi or know God.

The Name of God (YEHOVAH) breathed out in LOVE will foil anyone's attempt to take you against your will.
If you can't do that, then ask your Guardian angel to fight the demon for you. (As one ATS guy did.)

Sleep Paralysis is real, it is their weapon used against mankind and it can be overcome, IF you believe it is NOT natural.
And if someone says it is natural then they are right BUT not when you are waking up, or your body is broken and you need to get it fixed!!!!!!!!

Be safe.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

that does help as i dont belive in alien abduction but i do belive in aliens sounds odd i know but also i need to say the other times i have had sleep paralysis i have never seen or heard anything

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Everyone is different.I'm by no means an expert on it but I feel my opinion is valid because I've experienced it so often.There were times I didn't hear or see anything but woke up and couldn't move.Lasted a few seconds then I was able to move.I've seen lots of things.Sometimes I heard things and didn't see anything.It is scary.But it's not real.I remember one time I saw a wolf standing by my bedroom door.It charged the bed and as it got maybe two feet from the bed it disappeared.The brain is a funny thing.I guess my point is I know that wolf was not in my bedroom.Neither were the aliens.Just hallucinations.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Y does everyone keep saying "greys". When I hear that, I think bs.... Next time take a damn picture

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Set up a webcam so we can all see, if it is a recurring thing. This way you will know if it was a dream or not.

I give you this advice but I am afraid to take it myself I've watched those paranormal activity movies and they freak me out so I don't want to catch any weird stuff on video if there is any.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I would never automatically assume your lying and its been estimated that as many as two million people in the united states alone may have been abducted by aliens and keep in mind that most people who think or know that they were abducted,will never tell anyone about it and i have often wondered if some or even all of our dreams are actually false memories,diversionary thoughts,that the aliens implant into our brains,deep within our minds,to obscure and mask their abductions...
edit on 8-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Did you even read his post?Me thinks you just read the title. He said this " i often wake up with sleep paralysis and the LAST time i woke up and had sleep paralysis i saw a grey ". He had sleep paralysis.How the hell is he going to take a picture of something that isn't there?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by R4inM4n
Maybe. You need to provide more data. Increase punctuation for readability.
Is that all you have to say to a person who thinks that aliens might be abducting them?...not everyones a daniel webster...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join