It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will America Re-Elect a Racist? Time Will Tell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Much has been made lately about the Breitbart tapes and Obama’s connection to Harvard professor Derrick Bell but who is Bell?

Bell was a racist radical who despised white people. He signed an article calling for John Brown Day to be declared in the U.S. in 1999. Bell wanted to “Abolish the white race”.

If the task of the nineteenth century was to overthrow slavery, and the task of the twentieth century was to end legal segregation, the key to solving this country's problems in the twenty-first century is to abolish the white race as a social category - in other words, eradicate white supremacy entirely.
link

Here are few of Professor Bell’s more notable quotes from his book, Faces at the Bottom of the Well:

•"Despite undeniable progress for many, no African Americans are insulated from incidents of racial discrimination. Our careers, even our lives, are threatened because of our color."

•"The racism that made slavery feasible is far from dead . . . and the civil rights gains, so hard won, are being steadily eroded."

•"... few whites are ready to actively promote civil rights for blacks."

•"Discrimination in the workplace is as vicious (if less obvious) than it was when employers posted signs 'no negras need apply.'"

•"We rise and fall less as a result of our efforts than in response to the needs of a white society that condemns all blacks to quasi citizenship as surely as it segregated our parents."

•"Slavery is, as an example of what white America has done, a constant reminder of what white America might do."

•"Black people will never gain full equality in this country. … African Americans must confront and conquer the otherwise deadening reality of our permanent subordinate status."

•"Tolerated in good times, despised when things go wrong, as a people we [blacks] are scapegoated and sacrificed as distraction or catalyst for compromise to facilitate resolution of political differences or relieve economic adversity."
link

This is someone that Obama urged people to open up their hearts and your minds to according to Breitbart’s tapes.

I’m just wondering in light of all the people who reject racism here on ATS, does it bother you that the POTUS was mentored by people like Bell and Jeremiah Wright? You remember Wright, right?

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

"Barack knows what it means to be a black man to be living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people.
link

Do you think Obama could possibly be around all of these people his entire adult life and not think the same way?

This country is so screwed up these days. People who consider themselves ‘awake’ and ‘aware’ will turn a blind eye to racism when perpetrated by a minority.

Why is it OK to be a racist in this country if your skin is dark?

Why is it OK that we have a racist in the White House?

Who here supports racism and plans to re-elect Obama?

Should we dismiss these relationships and turn a blind eye to the obvious?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Let me ask you Seabag:

Is it possible that some of what this man has said is actually true?

Shouldn't white supremacy be eradicated? Aren't there white people out there that would fit well into the statements he made?

Now I beleieve racism is bad, no matter what the color of the person, but it seems to me that he is actually saying things that can be understood from the view of a black person in America.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Would it make you sleep better at night if we elected a white racist?

For some reason I think if we elected the leader of the KKK you would be making less of a fuss.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Am I missing the racism here? Your quotes not only do not seem racist they seem pretty spot on.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just something to add to the conversation.......If this man was Native American wouldn't the statements still hold true? What does that say for our past indiscretions as a white race and a country?
edit on 8-3-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Is this a crosspost from Stormfront???

Racism is alive and well in America...this thread, other threads, this whole Derrick Bell "issue" is proof of it. The funny thing is that all the quotes you gave from Bell as being "radical"...are actually factual statements.

Yes...Derrick Bell was right...racism is still alive...and you are the proof of it.

I hope you don't mind me calling you a racist...I'm only doing it because all the white supremicst and racist also think Obama is a racist...so since you agree with them on that...you must agree with them on everything. You know...just like Obama and Bell/Wright.

edit on 8-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Let me ask you Seabag:

Is it possible that some of what this man has said is actually true?

Shouldn't white supremacy be eradicated? Aren't there white people out there that would fit well into the statements he made?

Please explain this…

abolish the white race as a social category

Do you know anything about Black Liberation Theology?

Now I beleieve racism is bad, no matter what the color of the person, but it seems to me that he is actually saying things that can be understood from the view of a black person in America.

We have a black president!! Race is an issue because his ilk continue to MAKE it an issue.

If this was a white professor saying the same things about whites would you be cool with it? Be honest!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

AS A SOCIAL CATEGORY.

I'm guessing you can't even comprehend what that means.

And if a white person said we needed to "abolish the black race as a SOCIAL CATEGORY" when the "social category" they were in was beneath lower class....THAT WOULD BE A GOOD THING.
edit on 8-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

"social category"......not abolish the race entirely. Why are there categories to begin with? Let's abolish them all!

Do you know anything about Black Liberation Theology?

Yes. It's black liberation.....not white obliteration.

We have a black president!! Race is an issue because his ilk continue to MAKE it an issue.

And whom made it an issue this time? Obama? No....it was Breitbart, the right and people such as yourself.

Therefore, aren't you guilty of the same thing?

Are we being hypocritical?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Would it make you sleep better at night if we elected a white racist?

NO!

For some reason I think if we elected the leader of the KKK you would be making less of a fuss.

Where do you get that from? Is it because I question his obvious racism? Don’t be a coward and try to make this about me…answer the qestions.

Americans acted like cowards in 08’ when these racist ties came out. Why can’t you spot racism when it comes from a black man??

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
There is another thread about Derrick Bell here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join