It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9-Year Old girl Stabs Grandmother in back over TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
9-Year Old Girl Stabs Grandmother over TV...

FLORENCE, S.C. (AP) — Florence police say a 9-year-old girl stabbed her grandmother after they argued about whether she could watch television. Investigators said the girl stabbed her 64-year-old grandmother in the back with a kitchen knife as she read the newspaper around 2 a.m. Thursday. The woman called paramedics, while the girl called her mother.

Just curious as to what you guys think about this.

Behavioral issues? Mental issues?

Needs better discipline?

All of the above?

I know we all do silly things as a kid, but this is far over the top. I've thrown my fair share of temper tantrums as a child, but this is outrageous. Do you think she should be tried for criminal charges, or receive help of some kind?

Or do you think the story runs deeper than this? Maybe something else went on and the Grandmother is covering it up with this story?

edit on 8-3-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a 9 yr old watching tv at 2a.m. on a school night (or any other night)!
bet she's allowed the remote next time though.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
How do i fell about this? It should have never been in the news. Why is it their? To scare you and entertain you, its not news.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Well, if the news went by those lines we wouldn't have much news at all.

Seeing as the majority of the news provokes fear and sadness. Apparently nothing is worthy of being news then

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

I think this kid needs an exorcism

... The birth of TV was a magical event foreshadowing its satanic significance. The first commercial broadcast was aired on Walpurgisnacht, April 30th, 1939, at the New York World's Fair. Since then, TV's infiltration has been so gradual, so complete that no one even noticed. People don't need to go to church any more; they get their morality plays on television.

LaVey compares satellite dishes and antennas to church-top crosses and notes that TV has become, in effect, the major religion of the masses, even calling the television set the Satanic family altar.

Know the Enemy (A Critique Of Anton Lavey's Books On Satanism)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I sense a systematic lack of behaviorally acquired ass tannings.
I went to bed when I was told because I respected my parents. That didn't come from "mutual understanding."
Sure, I didn't always want to and I may have been mad at them, but attacking them never crossed my mind.
kids...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Could be deeper issues with the grandmother. But the child clearly needs help. This is not a behavioral problem because I go through it everyday. This is a mental behavioral problem. I don't know the full background of this child but these children know how to use manipulation until they get what they want, then they turn on the fly after they get what they want.

Something is definitely wrong with the children these days, they are nothing like when I was growing up, the children have gotten worse on behavior and I don't think it always stems with the parents at fault. At first I did think that, but after dealing with it, I have totally changed my perspective on the issue.

Yes, I have let my niece stay up till 2AM to try to calm her down rather then being in a agitated state. When she gets tired, she will go to sleep. It's kind of hard to tell the child "No" go to bed, when she is like twice your size and weight and she only becomes even more agitated at sound of "No".

I can totally see my niece headed down this path.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This must be that global consciousness shift the new agers are always talking about. "2012 will bring love and light and a change in everyone."

Kids are just gonna start stabbing their parents and grandparents. Someone miscalculated.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well something is not right there, that is for sure.... Perhaps an abused kid?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Not everything is about abuse. We need more background on the situation. Not just snippets of it. These children know how to use the "Abuse" card for manipulation. Either with the hospitals drilling it into their heads or the psychologists drilling it in their heads.

I don't know.

But, If these children know how to dish out abuse, they know what abuse means and the difference of it. But, they do it anyways for attention.

We need more background to the story.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Yes, more background indeed.

Also the grandmother was reading a newspaper, at 2AM?

I don't know the pattern or lives of older people, especially not of this particular woman, but reading the newspaper at such a late hour seems rather strange to me. Although I may just be looking into it too much.

Another point to add - What could possibly be on TV at 2AM that a child would like to watch? Nickelodeon is on Nick@Nite at this point, and I usually didn't enjoy watching Nick@Nite when I was a child. I'm not sure what else kids like to watch, as I have none myself and am not really around children at 2AM. When I watch my sister she is usually in bed by her 9 bedtime.

This is just my speculation though

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Could of been trying to watch a Disney movie.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
In a hospital ICU setting, many patients suffer a phenomenon called "ICU Psychosis". The theory is the patient gets no sleep or rest due to the continuous sounds, light, activity, etc. Sometimes I wonder if this isn't what we have done, not only to our kids, but ourselves - overstimulation. There seems to be a lot of bizarre behavior out there nowadays. Then again, maybe it's something we are ingesting that's turning so many of us into narcissistic sociopaths?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Yes,one would need more info and background on this one.My 14 year old can hardly stay awake till 23:00 on weekends to watch a movie.I wonder if this girl is on any medication?..well,this child needs some intervention in her life,thats for sure.Or there's gonna be nothing but a jail cell in her future.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There definitely needs to be some more information on this. Like some other posters said, it is just suspicious that the grandaughter is staying up till 2 a.m. doing something and then wanting to watch tv. It is even more suspicious that the grandmother is reading the newspaper in the middle of the night. It is possible, just not believable.
However, if this is the truth then the kid should be charged as a criminal. She stabbed a member of her own family over some petty tv. I would usually call for the same treatment she gave her grandmother, but for some reason it seems better to let the current court and jail system deal with her.
She shouldn't be charged unless there is a thorough investigation though. The whole story just seems weird.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I know we all do silly things as a kid, but this is far over the top. I've thrown my fair share of temper tantrums as a child, but this is outrageous. Do you think she should be tried for criminal charges, or receive help of some kind? Or do you think the story runs deeper than this? Maybe something else went on and the Grandmother is covering it up with this story?

We've been breeding increasingly heartless and soulless generations now for... well, generations.

And what we sow, so shall we reap.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
"Kill them all, let God sort them out"
The Pope

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Anecdotes about the effectiveness of "ass tannings" received in ones youth and its implementation the solution for any troubled youth we hear about on ATS. Color me surprised. That's never been said before.

Isn't this the same crowd that talks about being able to raise their own kid any way they want? Forget that though, we have the solution for all the troubled youth out there, so parents listen up.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Honestly?

Looks like a well adapted youth to the second decade of the 21st century.

She just might have a chance of making it to 40...

edit on 9-3-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
reply to post by MeesterB

Anecdotes about the effectiveness of "ass tannings" received in ones youth and its implementation the solution for any troubled youth we hear about on ATS. Color me surprised. That's never been said before.

Isn't this the same crowd that talks about being able to raise their own kid any way they want? Forget that though, we have the solution for all the troubled youth out there, so parents listen up.

You can't honestly think that it's just some special little chemical imbalance in the poor child's brain. Good parenting goes a long way, and irresponsible parents can harm a child's development more than any physiological difference(aside from retardation). So, if discipline isn't the solution for instilling good behavior in children, what do you propose? Mediciation? A gentle discussion? Perhaps we can all lay in a big room full of pillows and talk about why going to bed early makes us have "bad feelings."

new topics

top topics

join