It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Secret" DOES NOT work...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Positive power has it's benefits but let's get real here. Let's earn it.

Speaking completely on my own experiences, this is a SHAM. I want proof that your positive thoughts replicate the REAL world.

Not some "shot in the dark" existence. Not some, a broken clock is right twice a day stuff.

I've "wanted" a ranch. I've "wanted" a house that I could call my own. I've "wanted" a Chystler 300, OK well maybe not but I'd take an Acura MDX.

Wanting = hoping and hoping equals someone else will do it for me. Let's get off our a$s and do it for ourselves.

edit on 8-3-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2012 by UFO1414 because: I've taken the war thing out. Will address in a new rant and yes MODS please move to rant if appropriate.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

There are wars because........
People keep joining the military !

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
what wars, OP?

seems mostly like rumors of wars to me.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO1414
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Positive power has it's benefits but let's get real here.

Speaking completely on my own experiences, this is a SHAM. I want proof that your positive thoughts replicate the REAL world.

Not some "shot in the dark" existence. Not some, a broken clock is right twice a day stuff.

I wish for peace in this world. I believe 99% of the people do. Why are there wars???

Why are there wars? We are designed that way but until peeps finally realize all of this is intentional, there's no hope for true peace because true peace comes from within and flows outward to the All but everyone is at war with themselve's so peace is n0thing but a fleeting thought for them.

Inner Peace is the true Secret, however you obtain it is up to you.

Ribbit

link   
NLP has the same techniques.
You visualize an outcome, and focus on it heavily. This in turn focuses your mind on achieving that outcome, and as a result you tend to be proactive in obtaining it.
However, the limitations are endless.
"I have cancer. I'm going to not rely on medicine, and just 'wish' it away!" - FAIL.
Any desired outcome needs to be realistic and achievable.

link   
There are wars because people fight for their "God(s)"!

There are wars because people fight for GREED!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I totally agree with you.

It's a sham.

I tried it, and it seems to of brought me chaos.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
reply to post by UFO1414

So simple yet so true.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I don't agree with the want equals hope analogy. If you want something by using the secret you have to not only want it, but you have to act on it, not only physically but mentally as well. All of those factors come into play when you are trying to manifest something. What the secret did was coin a silly catchphrase, then they dumbed it down to make it look like all you have to do is wish for there to be a free parking space and it will magically appear. They knew they would make more money if they played the whole get rich quick scheme. I believe that the essence of what they are talking about is true, and that's where you incorporate the manifesting with the acting out.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Sorry, need some proof of this phenomenom. Nothing out there yet. Please enlighten me. I agree that "positive thoughts" help, but I want to see some documented proof. Hrumpff, we are all shills.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Well all you have to do is look around. How often have you heard of stories where someone who came from nothing who set their goals from a very early age and becomes super successful? Or how about Jim Carey who wrote himself a multimillion dollar check way before he became successful? There are millions of story's like that, but you can never prove it. You could always chalk it up to luck, and that's why there will probably never be any proof. It's all about how you look at it tho, I like to think that there are some things that are magical like how you come to meet your wife or husband, and how you meet certain people in your life at just the right time. But that's just me tho, you can look at everything in life as either normal and very explainable, or you can look and see a very mysterious and mystical aspect to life.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think too, the Secret is more about getting what you need vs what you want. I was going on a huge month long trip quite a few years back (08) and only had about 500 dollars. My income tax wasn't to come for another month and I was leaving in 3 days. I tried the Secret, envisioning myself going with more money - the tax return came two days later.

I suppose when you really /need/ vs want, it happens. Could be awesome coincidence too of course. Any and everything is possible. Though it's never in bad taste to keep a positive outlook and think positive thoughts no matter what, secret or not. It's just better on the self all around xD

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
How can you prove to me that all of this reality you exist in is NOT, in fact, a manifestation of your subconscious?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don't believe in the book "the Secret". Besides, it is not so much a "secret" anymore anyway. If there were any validity to the book, then by now all those who purchased it surely by now would be on television promoting it and how "it changed my life"....... In my bookstore it would be on the “get rich quick” shelve, Aisle “F”.

But, just for fun, I am going to “see myself eating prime rib with asparagus in cream sauce and a nice glass of Merlot to go with it”.

I’ll let you know how that pans out.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Those things that people have been saying for hundreds and thousands of years that sound hokey and dumb, such as "The power of positive thinking," or "Attitude is everything," etc etc...

We have those expressions because those things are true.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
reply to post by UFO1414

And people keep joining the military because there are wars, and there are wars because there are people who keep holding on tightly to their 'secrets' and beliefs, and there are people who keep holding on tightly to their 'secrets' and beliefs because there are people who are willing to join the military to fight their wars.

A nice little circle isn't it...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
existence doesn't work...working up and down the clock...but still no result...I dance because I feel the rhythm of the sky...I feel meaning my my dance, whether happy or sad.

Working so so long with no result, all day and all night...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Your own words show u are clueless

You want you want

Want = lack

And that is what you have

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

How can you prove to me that all of this reality you exist in is NOT, in fact, a manifestation of your subconscious?

If by subconscious you mean the underlying consciousness that drives all of this, that WE/We/we all share, then Pee On!

eYe want access to the controls.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I've never read "The Secret", but I can vouch for a book called "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.

soilandhealth.org...

From what I have heard 'the secret' is a watered down version of this book. The following is my interpretation of Think and Grow Rich, and because I've read the book 3 times, I don't need to quote from it...

#1, A positive mental attitude alone will not make your wildest dreams come true, you need to be realistic, but a positive mental attitude is the 1st step you need to take. Keeping a positive mental attitude isn't complicated, it is as simple as it sounds, keep it running in the background, it doesn't need to be done any 'specific' way, just keep positive thoughts on all things, sound easy? it isn't, I went 2 weeks thinking positive thought 24/7, someone at work did/said something very rude, I protested against their rude attitude, politics ruled in favor of them and my positive attitude was no more, at least for the 2 week streak, anything and everything can cause you to break out of the positive thought high, you do get a type of mental high by following through with attempting this.

#2, You need to be realistic, start with things that matter, start with something un-successful people do not use, a calendar, a notepad, and get started with setting your goals down on paper, a wish, hope, dream not written down or recorded is pretty much worthless.

#3, Apply the following formula and stick to it 100%, this is the formula, write this down on a piece of paper and fill in the blanks:

I will achieve ________
I will achieve ________ by ______ (time-frame)
I will give ________ to achieve ________

Read this out loud every day, even 3 times a day, having a positive attitude toward it will eliminate skepticism, doubt, fear. By making this a daily affirmation you will auto-suggest this to your sub-conscious, this form of auto-suggestion is *VERY POWERFUL*, it works with everything, smoking, eating, making more money, etc. Think auto-suggestion via daily affirmation doesn't work? Only someone who has never tried it would say that. I would say daily affirmation is the most powerful way to break into your sub-conscious. Think breaking into your sub-conscious isn't important? News flash, the body is controlled greatly by the sub-conscious, greatly. I can't even begin to describe how powerful this is, but if you don't believe in this daily affirmation it will not work as well, but even reading it every day, something will happen. One piece of the formula is this, try to mix not only belief but passion and emotion into it, the sub-conscious picks up on emotion more than it does on thought, emotion is more than a thought, it is an instinct driven thing that is directly connected to the sub-conscious, which is why emotion is key. Reading the affirmation with no emotion will do very little when emotion is removed from the equation.

#4, Work, work, work, raise the bar for yourself, fail? Fail 10,000 times? Get back up on the horse and keep on going. Sounds cliche but the major key to success is knowing that failure is something that must happen before success can show itself. I have a formula I made myself, to simplify the formula talked about in the book which goes on for many pages, it is this:

FAILURE times question mark, plus POSITIVITY equals SUCCESS

You see, failure is only temporary, it is a buffer, it is a bridge that must be crossed before you can reach success, without failure there is no success, in this way failure is not a bad thing but it is more of a trial all must pass before being admitted the company of success, almost as if the universe itself has this trial for all, some do not know if they are a virtual gold miner who has struck out, not knowing he is 3 feet away from one of the richest gold mine discoveries in history. Thomas Edison while attempting to create a working light bulb failed 10,000 times before he was successful. Most mortal humans would have given up before 10,000 failures, it takes a passion driven positive attitude to succeed with such a challenge.

And that's it.... but it doesn't work? It's all a sham? It's bogus you say? This is only true in the mind of someone who's negative mental attitude has defeated himself from the possibility of success. I will leave this with 2 stories, the story of Jim Carrey and the story of Will Smith, I know 2 big movie stars, but 2 big movie stars that have a philosophy, a philosophy built on a positive mental attitude, applying many of the principles above.

Jim Carrey: Wrote a 20 million dollar check to himself when he wasn't rich, sometime in the 80's, looked at that check every day, said to himself, someday I'm going to earn a 20 million dollar check, worked worked worked, with a postiive attitude, earned 20 million on an early movie deal.

Will Smith:

Will Smith introduced me to "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho, it is an amazing!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join