It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

laptop in a coma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i was cleaning the laptop and wiped the keybord with a dust cloth and all icons including the start bar are gone leaving the wallpaper image only,when i control alt delete it goes compleatly black,and when tuning on its comleatly black then when i hear that chime sound when i get to the password screen which is also black i can enter my password and press enter then it goes to the vacent desctop with only the wallpaper there isnt even a mouse cursur,any one know whats up?
have i pressed somthing to trigger this
edit on 8-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

did u try removing and replacing the battery?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Try removing battery and putting it back in.
Then startup in safemode by pressing f8 if your running any version of windows which is what i am assuming.
Then start up using last known good.
This will let your laptop boot with all the settings he had when he booting up correctly the last time.

Other way is do the same but do not use last known good but just safe boot. When you log into your system try to use the restore function.

Good luck

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I never heard of a laptop being in a Coma before. You gave me a chuckle.

If you spilled anything sugary on it, that could be a cause. But I'm not familiar with laptops, only desktops. Hope you can get it back to it's alert stage.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
iv tryed the batrery in and out still the same and when i press f8 it bleebs once but is still in darkness,i havent spilled anything because the screen is cracked and i have it linked up to my tv and have a wireless mouse and keboard and it logs off when i close the lid so its always open hence the dust have i pressed some combination to do this or has it got a virus (it has antivirus on ),this has confused me

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Is it a HP? lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Bet it is the special key combo that switches your LCD to an external monitor. Or you pressed the little button that tels the laptop the lid is closed.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

yep, youve turned on extended monitors, the PC thinks your VGA port has a monitor on it, its got the logon screen and so forth throwing out to that.

Try FN + F8 together, try it a couple of times

or, it might not be F8. on your keyboard above your F keys there wil be pictures. one should look like a monitor (usually a square)

press FN and that key a few times see if it cycles.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

yep why? well compaq wich is basicly hp all the stuff on it is hp so im taking it they build em
edit on 9-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

read my secont post above^^^^
thanks for taking time to help though

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123

yep why? well compaq wich is basicly hp all the stuff on it is hp so im taking it they build em
edit on 9-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

HP laptops have a 25% failure rate Link. Asus has the lowest failure rate at 15% and Toshiba coming in 2nd.

HP's quality has declined over the years. Even some guy over in China got sick of his laptop failing even after having it fixed. He smashed it up in an HP store over there lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Laptop in a coma I know, I know, it's serioussssssssssssssssssssss!
Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

aww gawd i have just bought a new laptop and its an acer which comes in 3rd most fail rate

new topics

top topics

join