It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ragu (yes the sauce) Dishing Out Anti-Anon Propaganda?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I don't normally see boogeymen in every commercial but I came across this as a next video after watching a lolcat video, it caught my eye because the screen capture...well you'll see for yourself. It's just one of things that made me go "WTF!?". What do you guys think?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

"the evil one"?

Isn't that her child?

I see what you are saying though. What dicks.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Sorry I must be off today.I missed it. Can you tell me what I'm supposed to see? I watched it three times and didn't pick up anything.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The eyebrows are a little off, same for the mustache, but other than that absolutely there's Guy Fawkes if that's what you're looking for. Then again, they are trying to make him look evil, the cat was a nice touch.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
First thing that popped into my head was Snidely Whiplash. Anyone remember him?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

The kid, who's described as the "evil one" appears to be representing Anonymous in that above clip.

I didn't see it straight away either admittedly but I do now. Obviously It's not going to be exactly accurate but I do think it's possible that's what they're trying to do.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I do but...I dunno maybe you're right.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Yes !
oops, are we showing our age?

and I assume that kid is supposed to look like anonymous? pretty close...
edit on 8-3-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well myself I see a kid with an attitude deluxe and I see a mother that is afraid of him to say the least from what I saw.

If they are going for humor in the commercial I just don't see anything being funny here?
Plus I have no idea of how this will sell spaghetti sauce at all.

I don't know what to think here, the only thing I can ad here is that this is just not clicking with my brain.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hmm maybe not Snidely

Just for reference (no patch on chin)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I don't think this has jack all to do with anonymous, sorry .. Hasn't anyone seen any of the old silent films how the villain is portrayed? ..

This isn't a silent film .. but it's showing the style of the villain.. the mustache, the goatee .. the only thing the kid is missing is the top hat and/or monocle

They added the cat in as well which is a classic villain thing ..

I really think think this is nothing.. The kid doesn't act like "Anonymous" at all .. he acts/looks like a classic movie villain from the silent film days.

here's another image

edit on 3/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That's not Anon, it's Lil Dali.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Nell I am coming to save you!...........How many times did I see Dudley Doo Right untie Nell from the train tracks?
Too many, but you are right it is for sure a Snidely Whiplash stash on the kid.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Ok thanks. I kind of thought that at first , but then I thought of Dr Evil with the cat. I could easily see them using that type of subtle brain washing in commercials.Commercials have always been used as ways to control public opinion as well as a tool for social engineering. Interesting find.

P.S. Anyone who has had more than one child, knows very well what they are refering to regarding the evil one.
I have spent many nights dealing with one child who is beyond fussy when it comes to dinner, as well as crying and throwing a fit.So I think "the evil one angle" refers to that fact. I have used the term "holy terror" myself on a few occasions.
But still interesting .
edit on 8-3-2012 by mark1167 because: text

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sorry, I just see a kid with typical "villain" facial hair drawn on.

This has nothing to do with Anonymous.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
reply to post by Rising Against

Ok thanks. I kind of thought that at first , but then I thought of Dr Evil with the cat. I could easily see them using that type of subtle brain washing in commercials.Commercials have always been used as ways to control public opinion as well as a tool for social engineering. Interesting find.

Ragu would have nothing to gain and everything to lose by attacking Anonymous in this way
.. it really makes no sense.. I think they just tried to use elements of classic villains.. Dr. Evil's white skin and his cat, classic vaudevillian villain mustache and goatee .. Like I said, only thing he's missing is a top hat..

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
the thought it was guy fawkes did cross my mind, had to look up an image of him, theres a resemblence, but perhaps the kid is supposed to be a generic brand of evil, and linking it to Anonymous is a power of suggestion?

I mean, if they were trying to subconsciously imply Anonymous is evil, wouldn't they do it in something much more mainstream so as to effect the most amount of people? or if this was their intention for a less mainstream advert, to perhaps target a few more malleable subjects.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You guys are most likely right...just thought Guy Fawkes right away.
Thanks for the input.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Ah darn youu are right. I coulda sworn he had a goatee too lol. Must be early alzheimers setting in

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

You could be right, and it's that innocent. Still with the atmosphere today regarding Anon and the absolute control of every aspect of information that is presented on TV today, I wouldn't put it past a writer or director to inject their own touch regarding their own personal views, maybe thinking something might be funny when in fact it could have the opposite effect. Or maybe Ragu is in deeper than we know .Maybe this came down from the top.What do we know about that company? Who owns them? Maybe this is bigger than we realize right now.I don't think this would be the first time a large company has subtly shown us where they stand on political and social issues.
Still it could be absolutely nothing.I also don't really see how Ragu could get hurt from expressing their view on Anon. Remember 90% of people still think Anon are terrorists and not the good guys.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join