It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Lost

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

But why read the bible, the original stories might be true but after thousands of years of chinese whispers the current form may not be correct. Why would god only reveal himself to one generation where there was no technology to prove he existed? I will be fine with God because I want to believe there is one, I just do not wish to be forced into believing in one by my peers. All I know is that I have sinned in my life many times but I never intend to hurt anybody, I will live by that and I am searching in spirituality but I will not be suckered into an organised religion.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

The wonderful thing about today is that we have hindsight, and the ability to look back thousands of years by looking at the original texts, and compare it to later texts. We can map the progression of doctrines and practice. Scholars can look at a few pages of writings and figure out what type of writer the author was.

Why would god only reveal himself to one generation where there was no technology to prove he existed?

That my friend, is the greatest story ever told. I can only sum it up to you. The rest is waiting for you to discover it.

God appeared to Abram when he was 99. He made a covenant with him. "...for he was a righteous man". Abram had did right in the eyes of the Lord, so he chose him.

Why? Because before the flood there were abominations on the Earth, and there was great evil on the face of the Earth. Human beings had free will, and some chose to commit evil. And no, God did not send any of those people who died in the flood to hell (except the nephillim).

You wan't to know why specifically God became the God of Israel?

We don't need technology to affirm the existence of God, nor is there tech to deny the existence of God. Asking God to write down mathematical proof if his existence is a slap in his face. God is faith, salvation is faith. God is all around you and about you and within you. You see his work under your feet and in the air. Glory to God

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

But surely you understand that believeing in something just because someone told you it was true is naieve. God knows this and wouldn't expect us to believe our corruptable human beings we have as brothers. Organised religion is just a way to control, there is no reason you cannot have a relationship with god without the man made scriptures.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I see myself as a caring and emotional person but in life I have found myself constantly seeking for some truth or some closure to what life actually is. I find myself being a very spiritual person and always thinking about why we are here and what we can do to be good for people. Yet I find myself feeling polluted by oeganised religion and feel I cannot trust what man presents to me due to their lust for power. Yet God (if there is one) will not reveal themselves to me despite me being thirsty for a reason and a model to base my life on and devote my love of which is bursting to get out.

Yet this does not happen and the only thing each person from religion can tell me is that I must have faith and all will become clear, from Christianity to Judaism to Islam they all believe that I must belive without doubt despite the terrible human race having their mits on the biblical scriptures before I get to read them.

All I want is a reason to believe in life and a readon to love, why does man have to manipulate me into believing in their version of religion or indeed criminalising me for being different and wanting to break the mould of this modern slavery of society?

My friend, trust in yourself as a positive spirit with your Mind, Heart & Soul giving love to others. The negatives of life can get us all down but our spirit is nine times stronger than the physical world. Some people will only be selfish and think of themselves which is why they have no feeling towards others and things tend to go their way. People who are spiritual feel the emotional drain. All religions are speaking of positive energy as we are all human. Be wise and think wise. Michael knows your trying! Tracey says hi!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

But surely you understand that believeing in something just because someone told you it was true is naieve. God knows this and wouldn't expect us to believe our corruptable human beings we have as brothers. Organised religion is just a way to control, there is no reason you cannot have a relationship with god without the man made scriptures.

Of course. Look at it this way, the religion is based off of the book not the book based off of the religion. Never in the Bible does it say Jesus was born on December 25th, or 1 Sunday in April we're to go out and look for eggs. I'm trying to explain to you that you can have the book and believe in the book without the religion.

I used to feel the same way as you. Many beliefs were impressed upon me, and to me it never really made sense . I knew the church had been corrupted and some of the words of the Bible had been corrupted. However, I wanted to learn and have a closer relationship with God, so I started reading and taking notes. Then I started comparing and researching.

I found my comfort and reading the book, but that doesn't mean you have to. The other piece of advise I'd give you is to be more like Yeshua. That is, take the more introspective route to salvation. Love, forgive, pray and meditate.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I have already started to think about what God would do in my situation. My family are in the biggest financial mess ever and I was walking though town earlier and saw a charity collector, I crossed the road because I am not wealthy enough for charity but as I crossed the road I wondered what would god do, god would give. I reached the other side of the road and a man was talking to me, he was part of the same charity but I gave him £2 because I had decided that god would give it. I cannot afford it but those that I help can afford much less. I feel I have turned a corner and may well be close to finding my path.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You're going to receive so much more than you give.

Amen, brother

Don't forget to pray.!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by QuantumSeeker

I do not believe in any man made interperation. I believe that is not what god would have wished for. God wants us to connect despite what humanity tells us. I believe god is pure and the churches cannot comprehend that. I am not saying churches are bad, they all mean the best I just think they distort gods word.

If you are a believer in the Messiah than you have the indwelling of his spirit in you and there can be no distortion of words for he is the truth. However there are "wolves in sheeps clothing" but theyre not of the church. The Church is not some building or structure or manmade institution or system of rituals and laws. The Church is a spiritual brotherhood of men and women who are believers in the Son of God. Jesus said you will know false prophets and false disciples by the fruits of their labors (actions), just sit back and watch what they do. If they wouldn't lift a finger to help a person in need, then they are not one of his.

I do not believe in any man made interperation

Who are you to say a person's interpretation doesn't come from the Holy Spirit? If you say a believers interpretation is a lie and you are wrong and it is of the Holy Spirit, then you just damned yourself because you blashpemied the Holy Spirit and called him a liar. You have to be real careful of what you say in regards to judging someone's interpretation of scripture because you do not know yourself.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by greyer

I do not or cannot believe in the bible because it has come from a human source. However I have full reason to believe there is something out there. I think that being as nice as I can possibly be will help me towards enlightenment, too many people in this world bring pain to people and they are often the wealthiest, I am begining to see being poor as being closer to God. If I was rich I'd spend it all on those not as well off as me maybe thats why I'm not rich.

Why do you think so lowly of humans? I know that a large percent of them maybe be ignorant but many are not. But it is a fact people are talking about what they don't know when it comes to the bible.

I also believe being nice to people will increase karma and it what is desired. You're right about the world, and even though I am in it I myself am like an alien from outer space.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Because I have always been treated badly by other humans and they far outnumber those that have been kind and wanted to help. I find all religious scriptures difficult to be taken in by because it was compiled by humans. I think you can judge the right path for yourself without books of which the oragin cannot be authenticated. Humans are capable of very crafty things to get power and money, writing a religious scripture to obtain this would not be out of the human capability.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

All I want is a reason to believe in life and a readon to love, why does man have to manipulate me into believing in their version of religion or indeed criminalising me for being different and wanting to break the mould of this modern slavery of society?

Do you have children? They are good reasons to believe in life...

Do you have goals?

Do you have family?

Friends?

Do you have things you enjoy doing?

Perhaps even things or people you love?

I can give you a million reasons to "believe in life"... So what are you actually looking for?

I've been trying to figure that our this entire thread...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have children and I love them more than anything I have ever loved. But it is not hat which makes me sa\d, it is this world that we have to bring them into. If God was so great then why are his children so cruel, there are too many people out there that are dispicable and bring hurt to peaople. I think it is this world I have fallen out of love with nothing else. But I will get through it, my miracle will come. I believe, I have asked for help, why shouldn't it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I have children and I love them more than anything I have ever loved. But it is not hat which makes me sa\d, it is this world that we have to bring them into. If God was so great then why are his children so cruel, there are too many people out there that are dispicable and bring hurt to peaople. I think it is this world I have fallen out of love with nothing else. But I will get through it, my miracle will come. I believe, I have asked for help, why shouldn't it.

I understand where you're comming from actually... i have no children, but they are the single greatest blessing in this life. Yet i am afraid to bring my own children into this world... I have little to no fears, but that is one of them... And of course that fear stems from what you see in the media...

Gods children do not know themselves... that is the biggest problem with our world. We are two in one... spiritual and physical beings. The physical part is selfish so to speak, and the spiritual part desires love. That same spirit, same essence is in all life... but those that do not recognise it tend to be selfish, having never known their own spiritual nature.

The world is beautiful, and perfect my friend... you can see that perfection everywhere if you choose to see it.

When your children were babies, and you looked into their eyes.... did you not see God, and perfection?

This is why i asked you to read about Jesus on the first page... his words will open your eyes...

14But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

15Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

16And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No I agree, children bring innocence and beauty that can only be brought by a devine being. It is the world that taints them eventually, only very few children get to adult hood without being changed by this world. I see beauty everywhere, I see it in the blossoming of spring, I see it in the mushrooms of autumn, I see it in the fruits of summer and I see it in the survival of Winter. I love this world, I just love it not including the rest of humanity at this moment in time. I see there is something there that only a beautiful mind could create, but I fear that the world is infested with evil and I see no reason why humans should treat each other the way they do.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

No I agree, children bring innocence and beauty that can only be brought by a devine being. It is the world that taints them eventually, only very few children get to adult hood without being changed by this world. I see beauty everywhere, I see it in the blossoming of spring, I see it in the mushrooms of autumn, I see it in the fruits of summer and I see it in the survival of Winter. I love this world, I just love it not including the rest of humanity at this moment in time. I see there is something there that only a beautiful mind could create, but I fear that the world is infested with evil and I see no reason why humans should treat each other the way they do.

So again... what are you looking for?

The title of this thread is "im lost"...

How can i help you "be found" ?

You can not change humanity... it is what it is... but you can change the world one day at a time.

Everything counts you know

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I want to find contentment, I want to find a world that I can bring my children into without fear. All this world feels like at the moment to me is a punishment, I only wish I knew what I did wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I want to find contentment, I want to find a world that I can bring my children into without fear. All this world feels like at the moment to me is a punishment, I only wish I knew what I did wrong.

That fear is induced by the media though...

I used to live in an amish community... they have no TV, no radio, no internet... little to no contact with the modern world... And they do not live in fear...

Now how are you getting "punishment" out of all this.... Do you believe the state of the world is your fault?

Physical or spiritual contentment?

edit on 12-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

That fear is induced by the media though...

I used to live in an amish community... they have no TV, no radio, no internet... little to no contact with the modern world... And they do not live in fear...

Now how are you getting "punishment" out of all this.... Do you believe the state of the world is your fault?

I realise that the media breeds a lot of the fear, but this is the world I and my children were born into, slavery to money and your government with little other option. I just can't see past this world being a punishment because that is all it seems like is happening. Only the cruel seem to have it easy.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

So is it better for you to focus on the things in this world you can not change? Or the things you can?

Regardless of your situation... i believe it could be worse. Would you not agree?

You have healthy children... (i hope)

And a means to support yourself and them (i hope)

So do you believe you will find this "contentment" by looking at whats wrong with this world? Or accepting the fact that there are somethings you can not change... it is what it is.

The more you focus on the positive, the more life will be what you create in your life... but the same goes for being negative... or focusing on negative things.

Positive attracts positive... Believe it

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

You ask why if god is so great, then why are gods children so cruel?

That has an easy explaination:

God gave them free will, they simply choose to be cruel.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join